Frost Resistance Cap?

So I decided to pick up (more like urged from my group even though we haven't had a problem with downing him) some frost resistance to make Sindragosa slightly easier in hardmodes. Tonight I made the chest, boots, belt, and grabbed the Onyxia ring which gives me 447 frost resistance while running with my aura on. I've considered getting the head and cloak enchant on some old 251's and the ring which would bring me up to 560 resistance but I'm not really sure it's worth it. I've read different places the resistance cap is either 415, 520, or there is none. Does anyone know if there is indeed a cap or a given point where it's generally not worth the loss in other stats. I've heard of tanks running upwards of 600 resistance but this seems like overkill. Any advice would be appreciated (preferably someone who knows what they're talking about )

Edit: Also if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it, I had intended to post it in the Paladin forums.

Re: Frost Resistance Cap?

They redid how resistance works in WotLK. See http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t44675-r...chanics_wotlk/ for more information.

Personally I use the 3 armor pieces, the crafted ring, and a Flask of Chromatic Wonder. That puts me at 520 which is an average reduction of 50%.

Re: Frost Resistance Cap?

So just doing a quick bit of math here I think adding the ring will be helpful. It looks like the added resistance will take me up somewhere around 4% more average reduction and assuming her breath hits for 43k that's 1720 damage which seems to be worth it. However downgrading the cape and helm would at best take me up another 2%, and 860 damage reduction for a loss of 100 stam and 1k armor isn't nearly worth it. So it looks like I will indeed pick up the ring and drink a pot and sit happily around 550 resistance.