Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Bear pet in heroic groups

Since a bear is a Tenacity pet, its damage will be modified so much less in talents that, even taking AoE into account, it will likely perform worse than a Ferocity pet, ESPECIALLY the wolf. The difference may be less noticable at lower levels, but should still be there. Plus, the extra threat produced by your bear's Thunderstomp may annoy tanks if used early.

10+ Year Old Account

Congrats on gemming agi when it is reccommended until 800 passive arp?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    DPS in heroic groups matters to somebody?
    Trolling your own forums now?

This is what is wrong with the mod community of MMO-Champ.
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugunruk
    Trolling your own forums now?

This is what is wrong with the mod community of MMO-Champ.
    Yep, better complain about it, maybe you'll start a revolution.

Personalities are the devil!

I suggest you avoid using a bear in heroics, mainly due to the threat issue. Even with Growl turned off, your bear most likely WILL take agro from the tank rather frequently since Swipe is on a 6sec CD and Thunderstomp has a threat modifier. Even if you spec a bear for dps rather than tanking, due to the active abilities in the Ferocity tree, and lack of them in Tenacity, you won't see any significant/reliable dps increase from using a bear on trash packs.

If you have 4 buddies who will do heroics with you however, a tank specced BM hunter w/ a tank spec bear CAN pet tank heroics. It's an entirely different playstyle than normal and takes a bit of actual teamwork to make sure that no one is taking threat from the pet, but it is quite fun with a good group of people behind the toons ^^

15+ Year Old Account

DPS in heroic groups matters to somebody?
    I thought mods where above giving useless awnsers .

Quote Originally Posted by Lim-dûl
    I thought mods where above giving useless awnsers .
    I could've just locked the thread for asking a useless question to begin with, instead I'm being light-hearted about it.

I could've just locked the thread for asking a useless question to begin with, instead I'm being light-hearted about it.
    Well, some people actually care about heroics.
    Like me. It's the most high-end PvE I do nowadays, because, well, PvE isn't very attractive beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    Well, some people actually care about heroics.
    Like me. It's the most high-end PvE I do nowadays, because, well, PvE isn't very attractive beyond that.
    To put it as nicely as possible, heroics are insanely faceroll and don't require the slightest bit of maximizing as possible. Use any pet you like, you'll clear them regardless. The "use what you want" argument goes all the way up to hardcore raiding, but at that point you get to fights where the DPS starts to matter. I've been in groups with 8k group DPS, I've been in groups with 30k, it doesn't matter.

Will bears do more DPS? Who cares? Try it and see if it really matters to you, the best answer you're going to get out of hardcore hunters is that wolf is #1 DPS in raids and otherwise use what you want because nothing else requires maximization.

In a heroic, I use pretty much whatever pet I want (with the exception of my spirit beast. My 1.5k dps loss is greater (especially in a dps weak group and I want it to go fast) than being able to use it... *sigh*). I've used a cat, my wolf, hell, I've even used a bird of prey.

It's a heroic. It doesn't matter too much as far as the few hundred dps between different pets. Use what you want.

bears are awsome in 5man heroics and on raid trash

In B4 Wolf loving Zealots... oh wait.

Any Ferocity Tree pet (not just wolves) will out DPS any Cunning or Tenacity Pet. And when it comes to AoE Groups, don't get a pet specifically for them, as they will only happen rarly.

Also, Tanks hate Hunters with a Tenacity Pet out. It usually means, in the tanks eyes, that the Hunter is a Huntard and the pet is going to try to pull aggro. Good way to get kicked, even if it doesn't pull aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    In B4 Wolf loving Zealots... oh wait.

Any Ferocity Tree pet (not just wolves) will out DPS any Cunning or Tenacity Pet. And when it comes to AoE Groups, don't get a pet specifically for them, as they will only happen rarly.

Also, Tanks hate Hunters with a Tenacity Pet out. It usually means, in the tanks eyes, that the Hunter is a Huntard and the pet is going to try to pull aggro. Good way to get kicked, even if it doesn't pull aggro.
    While I have you, Daginni, I hope you don't mind, but I stole your idea and now raid with a Floyd. Everyone got a good laugh out of it, and continue to everytime he attacks when he makes that awesome screaming sound. So, thanks for the idea =)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti
    While I have you, Daginni, I hope you don't mind, but I stole your idea and now raid with a Floyd. Everyone got a good laugh out of it, and continue to everytime he attacks when he makes that awesome screaming sound. So, thanks for the idea =)
    Anytime, I think all Hunters should tame a Pink Flamingo and go raiding. Sure the rest of the population will think questionably about our class, but we will feel cool. ;D