Thread: Warlocks

Warlocks

So I used to be a warrior and am looking for something fresh and fun to reroll. I've never properly rolled a caster with only a dk and a feral druid as my alts.

Can anyone give me an overview of mechanics or some advice as to how to get started with it and not completely fail. I'm also transferring to horde with this reroll so I won't have access to heirlooms. Although thats a little annoying I'm doing a RAF with a friend so it'll easily make up for it.

Re: Warlocks

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...lock-leveling/

Warlock leveling guide, gives a nice overview of playstyles and strats as you level up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor
    I'm also transferring to horde with this reroll so I won't have access to heirlooms.
    You can send cross faction now
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthyboi
    once I got kicked for ninja pulling. I was the tank

one word... HELLFIRE
    [Kannu]: they run like they have human minds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEGsWlKqs4

Wait what... Like send cross faction??? for free??? with no minor bloody transactions???

10+ Year Old Account

Wait what... Like send cross faction??? for free??? with no minor bloody transactions???
    As long as the toons in question are on the same realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

If your a warrior trying to play a warlock, just know that once you learn sheep ability, its all game over!

1,000,000,000 Gighrz Quad Core Duo, over 9000 gigs of ram, on board gfx card

Haha... If only I could combine all of the most annoying mage and warlock abilities together to make one really annoying class.

Haha... If only I could combine all of the most annoying mage and warlock abilities together to make one really annoying class.
    Then you'd be playing your DK again...

Mmmm if I really wanted a mage warlock I'd start stacking Spell power on my Dk you're right...

Death coil is a spell right?

/facepalm

The guide posted above is good, one of the best I have seen, but has a few minor errors(nightfall will actually hurt you for leveling, not help you). Take your warlock questions here:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...Id=10014&sid=1
    for the best advice.

Correct.
    Just pay shipping and handling in the form of copper, silver, or gold.

Quote Originally Posted by MCC1701
    The guide posted above is good, one of the best I have seen, but has a few minor errors(nightfall will actually hurt you for leveling, not help you). Take your warlock questions here:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...Id=10014&sid=1
    for the best advice.
    i think it's mentioned in the thread the pitfalls of using the nightfall proc... i'm not sure what other minor errors there are... i found the guide very useful but not for new players, just new lock players...

why would you direct someone away from these forums with warlock questions?... and to the wow forums?... why don't you send him to elitist jerks too if you want him to get eaten alive... lol...

and heirlooms are boa... and can be passed to any toon on the same account and server... this goes for the head/shoulder enchants as well... no need to regrind rep on your opposing faction...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MCC1701
    The guide posted above is good, one of the best I have seen, but has a few minor errors(nightfall will actually hurt you for leveling, not help you).
    Yes, and as we discussed at length in private messages, all the parts of the guide you had issues with you conveniently did not read to begin with.

There is an entire section dedicated to Nightfall and how to use it properly. You can't just look at the linked specs and think to understand the entirety of the multi-page post. Hell, I even tell people to go to the link you suggested right at the beginning of the post, thereby rendering this specific post of yours completely useless.

/end rant

Use the guide linked here, I maintain it and answer questions promptly. Most other leveling advice will be provided as "Here's a spec, go cast dots on everything and /lol to 80", but will take up pages and pages of incoherant text.

R.I.P. YARG