Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Saturation of economy and other tips

Quote Originally Posted by Shokat
    The first few weeks of each expansion are made of pure win. Anyone could earn up to 100k in a matter of weeks if they play the ah well.
    1k frozen orbs, 200g stacks of herb, 1k Titansteel bars, remember those times ?

Too bad I didn't start playing the AH till about 4 months ago (made a fair bit of gold but I missed out on the goldcapping)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Pro Tip: Choose 1 market, and control it.

Key to making immense amounts of gold is to choose 1 market at a time and control it, this usually equates to a rather untouched or lightly touched market. You can make decent gold by playing epic gems but you can also get into a HUGE price war (case in point, on my server if you were to dabble in cardinal rubies you would have to sell for less than 50g each cut to make profit since I get them for 40g uncut in bulk). A good example is...golden pearls for one. Its a rare material and used in a rather nice enchant (30 spellpower to wep). Because its a small market you can control it very easily. On average, they sell for (without interference) 50g ish on my server... buy them all the time for anything less than 200g, and repost for 250g each. Now, its not because i plan on selling them for 250g (although ironically they sometimes do lol) its because now i can control the price on the 30 spellpower enchant. Now, because the mats on GPs are 500g, most people sell the enchant for 750-800g to roughly break even. I can sell for 500g and make several hundred gold profit and look like I am selling at a huge discount.

TL;DR

Focus on 1 item, and control it.
    Find farmers, they are the key to massive amounts of gold
    Don't be afraid to spend a lot of money to make a lot of money

People are absolutley correct in stating that this isn't a time of high economic activity in game - however there is a pay load coming up for jewelcrafters, miners, herbalists and alchemists, even if only for a couple of weeks. This is when the next patch hits and there is an all new raid.

Best way is to save up loads of shit in your bank and then when you start to get full slots you check up when the price is near the top. For an example I was grinding Eternal fire for like 3 days and got like 150 in total. Meanwhile I was even checking the balance what they got sold for and when there only was like 2-3 up on ah for low price I bought them up and put up all eternal fire for a huge profit ^^

Even farmed my Elementium bars which I later on didnt want anymore (retired of a small project...) And They cant be found on AH that often on my server so they got sold for 500g /each (10 pieces)

To buy up Prim saronite when they are getting sold for really low price is not a good idea if u're playing on Vashj eu btw... When there's none up on ah and you think oh now the price maybe goes up! Wrong... from 1k->500 in 30 min as buyout...

Obs! Sorry for bad english...
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09