Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: DO you think blizzard is crazy enough to...

1: balancing issues.
    2: there is a differentiation between classes for a reason.
    3: other MMOs tried it and it failed.
    4: ROFL, you are serious aren't you?
    5: stop playing WoW and go read a book...
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Deleted

eqweqwewqeqwqwe
    Last edited by mmoc09b828f4f1; 2016-07-09 at 12:06 PM.

Right after class balance is achieved.
    Which can only be truly achieved by giving every class, and every spec, every ability.
    Which kinda makes the idea null and void.

No that'd literally ruin the game, and I'm not trolling, I'm stating fact.

Each class is made and balanced for everything it has. Its moves are balanced with their main armor type, and that armor corresponds with maybe your fastest or strongest move/spell/ability/heal.

To combine, lets say, a Warrior and a Priest. A class built on pure melee combat from rendering and bleeding your foe dry to powerful strikes with massive weapons is a Warrior, while a Priest is a class made to be good at healing, dispelling, and great ranged DPS.

To combine classes would throw off the balance tremendously. Even now Blizz is having trouble balancing one class from another. They're all OP in their own ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

As people said before, the balancing issues will be brutal, I mean really, Imagine a Warrior Paladin coming your way, I'd die just by looking at him
    so basically, you would be scared of.... a paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by Nugarific
    A paladin with charge and mortal strike, hell yeah I'd be scared.

But seriously this idea is wonderful, let's combine stuff . For example cake and pie:

But in WoW? Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis
    Hybrids definately not.. but duel class(like duel spec). Where you get to pick a second available class for your existing character. Eg.. My tauren druid level 80.. Duel class him (say 10k gold) and I am then a level 80 druid with a level 1 (or 55 like the DK hero class) second class..You would then level it in the same way as before and switching spec for self boosting would not award xp to your second class. Only one can be used at a time and you could only pick from the ones already available to your race. You wouldnt get a new set of proffs your existing ones would carry over.

If they dont do something like this they really need to give more character slots.
    lol just no you want to rape the game? its like im going icc25 there drops an cloth item you are a warrior and asking if you can need it for off class -.- no just no m8
    Quote Originally Posted by FHNNNG View Post
    Cool next time I'll say LFM ICC25 Need 1 Rape Victim, 4 Rapists, and 3 Therapists.

Hehe thats a lot of rape

Yeah cus I want to see seduce-> Kidneyfire!

No thanks...
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

As cool as it might be, no it's not going to happen :P

Like they don't have enough trouble balancing classes/specs as it is :

P.S. I wants a Unholy Death knight / Shaman! ;D
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

Quote Originally Posted by Nugarific
    no he is scared of a palior or a waradin -.- see its combined skills wich will do the trick
    Quote Originally Posted by FHNNNG View Post
    Cool next time I'll say LFM ICC25 Need 1 Rape Victim, 4 Rapists, and 3 Therapists.

Hehe thats a lot of rape

Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight
    While they are at it, let them combine NPC's! Lets combine Gamon with Anachronos!
    Lol.... its like seeing the pic in front of me:

''In Soviet Russia, Anachronos-Gamon kite YOU!''

It's real already

Druids are

Balance -> Mages

Cat -> Rogue

Bear -> Warrior

Restornation -> Restornation shaman

New to the Blizzard virtual store......HYBRID CLASSES!

For a small fee of 500 USD, you can allow one of your characters to recieve 5 spells from another class of your choosing! If you want more on your character or want it on a different character you will have pay the small fee again just at a .005% discount! Also do note we must use shipping which totals to an extra 700 USD, we hope you understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutAmari
    If he meant that, they're basically doing this in cataclysm-note they're remodeling talent trees completely, though, not fusing them to make dual spec viable during combat *cough* Overpowered *cough* Though, with the new tree nerfs coming in, it'll bascially help with the path of the titans which leads to his idea. But as I already said warr/priest = paladin and rogue(morely warr)/warlock=DK
    That isn't really how it worked in FFXI - a paladin (with war or nin subjob) was a great tank. A warrior was great dps. A warrior with white mage support job was was not "like a paladin" it was useless. (Warriors in that game were essentially like fury warriors in WoW. They weren't tanks)

Whatever job was set as support job was limited to half of whatever your current main job was. So if you were 75 (the max for most of the games duration) your support job was limited to 37. You wouldn't have any abilities with a level requirement higher than lvl 37 from your support job. Similarly, the skills associated with the support job (for example, the game had magic skills that could skill up similar to weapon skills in WoW) were also limited. So if a warrior had WHM support job, his white magic skills were that of a lvl 37 - pretty much useless.

So you couldn't pick just any random job and expect it to be a great match with your main job, you had to pick something that complemented your main job in some way, or brought some extra bit of useful utility. A paladin would sub war for the "provoke" skill (like taunt) whereas a monk might sub warrior for the "berserk" skill (increased attack power).

Anyway - this system was not really anything like WoW's multiple talent trees - every class has multiple talent trees that in some cases offer different roles, but a druid is still a druid. The talent trees *often* compliment eachother, and almost every spec of every class picks up a few of these complimentary talents from other trees. But you'd still almost never see a balance druid with some feral talents, because they just don't compliment eachother as well as the resto talents would - they'd essentially be wasted talents. (I won't say never, because there possibly could be some rare situations where you might want to pick up like, thick armor or something like that. But that's a very situational build, not an optimal build.)

without reading anything other than the title is always yes blizzard is crazy as hell and we love them for it

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Hybrids definately not.. but duel class(like duel spec). Where you get to pick a second available class for your existing character. Eg.. My tauren druid level 80.. Duel class him (say 10k gold) and I am then a level 80 druid with a level 1 (or 55 like the DK hero class) second class..You would then level it in the same way as before and switching spec for self boosting would not award xp to your second class. Only one can be used at a time and you could only pick from the ones already available to your race. You wouldnt get a new set of proffs your existing ones would carry over.

If they dont do something like this they really need to give more character slots.
    this would be a nice idea. Rep rewards for both, proff rewards for both.
    They have to have different raid lockouts tho.
    And it has to have something to make you not able to change all the time. reclassing after boss down to loot what you want is mean. real mean!

also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

I made a thread on this subject. Yes I too got flamed, but it works with a bit of imagination.

The way it would work, is similar to RoM, but without the snared base spells.

Dual Class system in WoW would only be the Elite Dual class spell system from RoM.

This is more balanced since you only gain a few unique spells that nether parent class has access to
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?