gearing up my DK alt and i have a few questions

Hello DK forum, I have recently decided to gear up my DK alt and I had a few questions as to which gear from heroics and badges I should be getting. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...don&cn=Victron is my armory link. I have been playing between blood and UH and it seems as tho currently my single target as blood is much better than it is as UH. I have been using the elitist jerk guides as to what my rotations should be and such.

My questions are that should i be getting my 4 piece t9 232? or should i be getting my 3/5 t9 and 2 piece 245 shoulder and helm. Also I have played with dw frost and liked it, but it is just so friggin stat dependant i figured after i get him raiding with my guild (my 5600gs feral dps druid is currently raiding with them) then I will have access to some better gear. But please keep in mind that my current item selections will be from triumph badges, a slow accumulating set of frost badges, toc 10/25 ony 10/25 and voa10/25. any advice is greatly appreciated as I would like to make this my main raider as feral just gives me a stupid headache when dpsing even tho my numbers may be good lol. Hope to hear back from you guys soon!

Re: gearing up my DK alt and i have a few questions

For the badge rewards..
    4p T9 SUCKS.
    Get 2p T9, 245 helm & shoulders. Really.
    Apart from that.. Its quite obvious as to what to get. Melee stats are melee stats. Afaik theres not much leather that would go for BiS for DKs, so generally just get any plate.

EDIT: The 4p T9 has a somewhat usefulness if you decide to go Unholy.. Other than that. To hell with that shitty bonus.
    (I had 4p T9 as Blood, exchanged with shoulders and helm, dps increase of about 200 on dummy. Plague crits = no-go)
    "The first prerequisite of an advanced being is a sense of humor"

Yes. This is directed towards you. y so srs?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Merodium
    For the badge rewards..
    4p T9 SUCKS.
    Apart from that.. Its quite obvious as to what to get. Melee stats are melee stats. Afaik theres not much leather that would go for BiS for DKs, so generally just get any plate.
    The 4 piece is lovely : Don't know what makes you think it is bad.

not the response i was looking for at all really lol but thats for your consideration

the edit helped a little more lol. im not sure which spec to really go with. i know blood is based off a lot of arp end game but atm blood dps is higher than UH so im not sure where to go really lol thats why i need help

Deleted

For the badge rewards..
    4p T9 SUCKS.

EDIT: The 4p T9 has a somewhat usefulness if you decide to go Unholy.. Other than that. To hell with that shitty bonus.
    (I had 4p T9 as Blood, exchanged with shoulders and helm, dps increase of about 200 on dummy. Plague crits = no-go)
    No actually, 4p T9 is sick and should only been removed once you've got the 2p T10.

Afaik, Unholy is still the "best" dps. If the fight is a no-moving, no-AoE , Frost DW will do better. (Which is a little rare, mind you)
    You could just go Unholy right away, and get used to playing it.

i havent ever played with the 4p but with a not sucky crit rating it seems good. so get that and then anytihng that goes for badges

First and foremost, 4pt9 is Really really good and is the best thing you can get until ICC. If anyone says otherwise then they are expecting a set bonus to give you 1k dps. 4pt9 is better than 2pt9 2pt10
    Needle encrusted is worse than Mirror of truths at your gear level and weapon.
    For speccing i wouldn't recommend blood until you have a good weapon/gear weights.

For the badge rewards..
    4p T9 SUCKS.

just saying this once more; NEVER DUMMIES! - EVER - to check your dps, its horrible and misleading.

for the rest...race change :| haha on a more serious note get http://www.wowhead.com/item=50306 instaed of your agi ring, t9 leggs and gloves aswell as the conquest badge necklace (http://www.wowhead.com/item=45819)

@ deamoneyes ty that was the first extremely helpful post ive seen yet. ill be sure to get those things i just was not sure as to whether to get the 4pc t9 or the 245 pieces. ill try my hardest to get the HoR ring, but is there a decent replacement in the meantime?

If he stays blood, p4 T9 bonus is still not noteworthy. Since heroics will most likely be done more than raids on his DK, going for 245 shoulders and helm is still better. Heart/Death Striking pulls of 2-4 mobs is better damage than diseasing and splitting prior to D&D.

But thats just me. :P

http://www.wowhead.com/item=49812 could be sufficent, if your going for your blood specc you can use the triumph badge ring meanwhile

If he stays blood, p4 T9 bonus is still not noteworthy. Since heroics will most likely be done more than raids on his DK, going for 245 shoulders and helm is still better. Heart/Death Striking pulls of 2-4 mobs is better damage than diseasing and splitting prior to D&D.

But thats just me. :P
    while that is true; he states that he will be doing some raids on it and actually might replace his main, so getting 4p wouldnt be bad at all for, the leggs got ArP, the gloves would fix his hit rating, i honestly cant see anything bad with it, even if the set bonus is a bit less helpful for blood than unholy, its still worth having the 4p than just 2p until 2p t10.

shifting around items to fix your stats will occur as you know but try keeping 4p as long as possible, as for your frost badges getting the tiers first would be preferable.

thanks again for the help deamoneyes. i suppose ill go for the 4 piece and run reg pit of saron to try to get that ring. by the badge ring did you mean the agi arp one? and would you mind looking over my specs and glyphs to see if there are any flaws in them?

I will leave the gearing advice to others who know what they are talking about. But you did mention you enjoyed Frost DW but felt it was very gear dependent. I don't know how accurate that is as I built my dps set from offset tanking. had around 5200gs before I ever did dps

But frost is very skill dependent and if you enjoy the play style I would try to use the lower tier raids and heroics to refine this as well as pick up some fresh gear upgrades. That way you can play a spec you enjoy while constantly improving your self both through gear and micromanaging the beast that is frost dps

that would be the agi+arp one ye, since arp weights high for blood aswell as giving you some more crit (which is nice with 4p t9)

your speccs looks fine, no problems there really, only thing you might want to consider is that the glyph of disease no longer refreshes your original disease bonuses but to your current values. (dark death might be a better choice there)

Quote Originally Posted by Squishie
    But frost is very skill dependent and if you enjoy the play style I would try to use the lower tier raids and heroics to refine this as well as pick up some fresh gear upgrades. That way you can play a spec you enjoy while constantly improving your self both through gear and micromanaging the beast that is frost dps
    well ive always defended frost for being some of the more harder speccs to play but using Miks scrolling battle text really simplified it, the only thing left to call hard is timing so your diseases dont run out for too long

frost is however heavily RNG dependant, get 5 KM proccs in a row and your in paradise, 8-10 sec without a procc and your kind of falling behind

if he enjoy it thou i would fully support it, since its one of the more fun speccs