Thread: New DKs in BGs

New DKs in BGs

Ok, so the situation is I've decided to make a warrior for end-game PVP. I'm leveling only through PVP (weekends mostly since exp is better) that way when I hit 80, not only will I have saved up a good amount of honor for some starter gear, but I'll have a firm grasp of how to PVP as a warrior.

My question is this. I recently hit the 50-59 bracket and was introduced to DKs in BGs. Now I was already prepared for a little bit of getting my ass handed to me, as it seems that somewhere in the 40s bracket, every other class gained more CC over warriors and it was a very very tough time. I'm curious around what level do DKs seem to level out with the pack in terms of strength?

Re: New DKs in BGs

75ish

70-79 bracket
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Oh this is going to be a fun 20 levels. When do Warriors start to shine?

Deleted

LOLSTORM?

don't know, but seems appropriate =]

Or, go fury, dual wield Arcanite Reapers and make everyone scared to death of your awesomeness

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    LOLSTORM?

don't know, but seems appropriate =]

Or, go fury, dual wield Arcanite Reapers and make everyone scared to death of your awesomeness
    Arms has way more awesome PVP talents.

But at least u will go down looking good :P

DKs get really good gear from their starting area quests. Good enough that they will still be using a lot of it at level 70. This means they are at a very big advantage in the late 50s up to early 70s level range where they basically outgear everyone else so much that there is no competition.

Even beyond that DK seems to be a stronger class in crappy lvl 80 gear than a warrior is. Once you get to furious level gear or higher the warrior has a bit of an advantage now but its pretty close.

At low levels your best bet versus a DK is to instantly disarm them and try and kill them. A 10 second disarm is a long time with 0 resilience and that simple trick will be enough to carry you through a lot in BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    DKs get really good gear from their starting area quests. Good enough that they will still be using a lot of it at level 70. This means they are at a very big advantage in the late 50s up to early 70s level range where they basically outgear everyone else so much that there is no competition.

Even beyond that DK seems to be a stronger class in crappy lvl 80 gear than a warrior is. Once you get to furious level gear or higher the warrior has a bit of an advantage now but its pretty close.

At low levels your best bet versus a DK is to instantly disarm them and try and kill them. A 10 second disarm is a long time with 0 resilience and that simple trick will be enough to carry you through a lot in BGs.
    Good advice. I'm already used to stance dancing to use Intercept, might as well throw def in there too.