Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Will fishing be improved/more fun in cataclysm?

I hope they give us some lures to fish with like a murloc one for example, that would be pretty sweet.

wtb fishing from Zelda Ocarina of Time

I would be happy if they let us target where the lure is going to land, easier to fish inside pools that way.

i want to fish.....with a spear gun!>_> Damnit it im a hunter and i want to shoot fish in a barrel! or a fancy koi pond...
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sidorenko
    i want to fish.....with a spear gun!>_> Damnit it im a hunter and i want to shoot fish in a barrel! or a fancy koi pond...
    D: whale huntard!

15+ Year Old Account

I'd settle for faster fishing skillups. Sure, it has improved with the changes to it. But you still have to cast until it lands in a pool, wait for up to 17 seconds for a bite, click the bobber and then cast again. Sure, fishing is the patient man's game. But it feels like a waste of time casting over and over and simply waiting for that bobber to bounce.

Not sure what they can do to improve it, but maybe if there was a way to boost through 50 levels at a time until you got within 30 of the max skill (525 in Cata), more people would be encouraged to level it. As it stands, it takes a lot of time to get anywhere.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account

From all comments I kinda get the feeling that Blizzard actually got fishing down right. Just like real life, most people don't like fishing, find it boring or too time consuming, and no fun in general.
    I liked leveling fishing the old way except for the long cast timers. Things that got added with WotLK, like dailies and rewards made it more fun, but the basic fishing needs no real change imo.
    I don't think that casting will be made easier so you can make the bobber land where you want it, because of botting fishing. Apparently botting fishing is quite easy right now (don't know from experience, honestly).
    I like to do some fishing between randoms or sometime just have some me time. Set DND and have some quiet time.

To conclude, fishing does not need change much, maybe more quests and rewards. If you don't like fishing, you're in luck, you don't have to

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisha
    I would be happy if they let us target where the lure is going to land, easier to fish inside pools that way.
    This. PLEASE.

Nothing better than getting drunk IRL while fishing in WOW. I don't have to worry about falling out of a boat and drowning.

I posted the following in another thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...00/#msg2801000

What if you could choose to specialize in one secondary skill, giving you more options in said skill than someone who isn't specialized?

Say you specialized in Fishing. I like the idea of Nets and creating Lures. Fishing up old fishing wire, or old tangled nets, or seaweed would become materials for the nets. Maybe creating a "Critter Catcher" that you could use to capture critters around the world and use them, along with random Feather or Teeth drops to create custom Lures. Using your own created Lures would yeild you more fish and/or fish that only you are able to acquire. Maybe doing fishing dailies would give a random Engineering style material that you could collect and have an Engineer create a Fish Finder for you; mark out schoals on the mini-map.

I had an idea for Cooking where you could create your own recipes by combining two different fish/meat (on a long cooldown), and therefore creating optimum stats on your Well Fed buff. I always hated the idea that my food buff had Agility or AP (I play Rogue), but not both, or Crit Ratingl, or Hit... but it gave me Stam. Not saying Stam is a bad thing to have, but it wasn't fair that Druid Tanks benefited from both, or Warlocks benefited from both SP and Stam, also. So, imagine, as a Priest, for example you could cook up some Cuttlesteak (Spirt) and Firecracker Salmon (SP) to create Firecracker Cuttlesteak (or whatever) giving you both buffs.

Fishing is eaiser than it has ever been yet still we are being told that it is too boring or too hard.
    People should get over themselves and look what it used to be like, as an earlier poster in this thread decided to elaborate upon.
    The channel time used to be considerably longer, with a good chance of no catch at the end of it.
    No junk catches which could skill you up, only a catch or a non-skilling non-catch.
    Skill requirements for fishing in zones.
    Tedious fishing skill quest and the necessity for lures while levelling it, and at max level.

While the idea of making it more fun has appeal, there should not be a need to.
    If people don't like the current system, tough. There is little wrong with it, other than I agree with the hit and miss effort of fishing from pools.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

^ This
    It really does get to be a pain after a while

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    wtb fishing from Zelda Ocarina of Time
    This. I don't know how many people will know of this, but the Zelda fishing was SO fun!

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV7tgYQQzGM

They won't allow that because of fishing bots. As I recall it used to be more targetable but they made it more random due to fishing actually being profitable and easy (for a bot) so they made casts longer, more random and nerfed the value of fish by a lot.

blizzard said they would : i kind of doubt it

you know this profession must be bad when the prices of fish stay still as blizzard makes fishing in pools a 100% success rate at a fishing skill of 1, eliminating training the skill's value by ~90%. (i guess it leaves wintergrasp...)

before fishing is nerfed so everyone can do it without training: 50g a stack of salmon
    after: maybe 45g? :

what this says is that people hate fishing so much that even with the boring 1-450 skill training and need for lures/fishing gear removed, they still won't fish.

fishing needs an update more than the old world zones did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    I'd settle for faster fishing skillups. Sure, it has improved with the changes to it. But you still have to cast until it lands in a pool, wait for up to 17 seconds for a bite, click the bobber and then cast again. Sure, fishing is the patient man's game. But it feels like a waste of time casting over and over and simply waiting for that bobber to bounce.

Not sure what they can do to improve it, but maybe if there was a way to boost through 50 levels at a time until you got within 30 of the max skill (525 in Cata), more people would be encouraged to level it. As it stands, it takes a lot of time to get anywhere.
    by the looks of it you didn't know that getting the skill up really doesn't have value anymore. fishing skill has 0 value when fishing in pools, which contain most of the useful parts of the skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I like Fishing ???

If they change fishing into a mini game, im sure there will be a chance of having to fight a sea crature of some sort.
    Imagine these little guys jumping out of the water ready to attack ;D

[url=http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/albums/blizztrip/cata_artwork/002.jpg][img width=200 height=200]http://www.scrollsoflore.com/gallery/albums/blizztrip/cata_artwork/002.jpg[/img]

This is all i could find:

Quote Originally Posted by http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13200229268
    Fishing

Lots of new fish and other fun items to catch! Fish are still used to make premium food.

New fishing dailies.
    No promis on anything but new fish or changing the system. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar
    Anyone who disagrees is a moron.
    When i stop arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Change: scaring people since forever.

10+ Year Old Account

For me fishing wasn't too bad. Talking to guildies in vent while doing it made it less of a chore, Hoping they do make it a little more fun. Maybe you can use a harpoon and stab some fish or something. In all when cata hits Fishing will be on my list to get maxed early.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

If I have to fish for any length of time (like when I farmed out all my Salty achievs over the course of a week), I set myself up with a good audiobook. Game of Thrones tied me over for the 17 hours it took to get my turtle. /nodnod

Tbh, I actually like how the fishing is. Yea, it's boring, but so's fishing in real life. Sometimes, you just want something mind-numbing to do in wow, and that's what fishing is for a lot of people. I haven't played the second dark cloud (played the first, though), so I can't really compare how other games have done it, but I think Blizz has it fine the way it is right now.

As a few others have stated already, the only thing I would like to see is more fishing related quests/dailies/and vanity rewards

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I like how it is now.