Thread: UI copy

UI copy

I am trying to do something wierd
    yesterday i rolled a toon on a working server and decided "ill roll one of these tommorow.

But with my UI its a pain to set up each time.
    so i decided that today, i would copy the WTF files from the first toon, to the new toon to be lazy....i copied them exactly.

it didnt work...

is there anything i can do to copy all that is <toon on server while down> to <my server new toon>?
    they have the same name
    same class
    same configuration i think.

is there some text somewhere that would changing it fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Re: UI copy

You will need to copy the addons themselves, and also in the wtf folder make sure you rename the folders which identify character and realm appropriately.

To borrow from another thread with a rather more detailed explanation which should largely apply in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by behnam1991
    Do this:
    - Log out and close wow
    - Open My Computer
    - Go into local disk
    - Go into Program Files
    - Go into World Of Warcraft Folder
    - Go into Folder named WTF
    - Go into folder named Account
    - There you should have 2 files, ones with the name ACCOUNT_NAME and another with your actual account name.
    - First go into your account folder (not one 1 made) and inside will be a folder with your server name. Copy the name of this folder.
    - Go back and now enter the folder I placed named ACCOUNT_NAME. In here will be a folder named SERVER_NAME (or something similar). Change this folders name to the one you copied.
    - Now enter this folder and rename the folder named CHARACTER_NAME (or something similar) to your charcters name.
    - Now go back into folder with the ACCOUNT_NAME
    - Copy name of your account and then delete the account folder (the one from when you logged in)
    - Change the name of the ACCOUNT_NAME folder to what you copied.
    - Closed World Of Warcraft folder and log in to wow and continue the steps.

Hope thats okay
    The actual location may vary depending on your install location/operating system, but it is a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Click your heels together 3 times and say "there is no place like home, there is no place like home, there is no place like home."

OT: I don't think it is possible, but I may very well be wrong.

Which files did you copy exactly? You would need to copy "\\WTF\Account\AccountName\Realm\Charactername", that entire folder over to the realm you were on now. If it's the same character name, you wouldn't need to change the name. Some addons won't copy for whatever reason, but if you go into the addon's options in game, most will have a "Profile" section, and you should be able to pull the configuration from the other character that way.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Edit: Simonzi beat meh to it ='(

The folder goes like this:

\\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAMEHERE\Serverhere\Charnamehere\
    \\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAMEHERE\SavedVariables\

You want to copy the first one from the "old" serverfolder to your "new" serverfolder. And possibly have to reload Profiles.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&cn=Dralidoth

okay, ty

aparently i DID do it right the first time, it was just the profiles
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.