Mage PvP gear : how to know ?

Hey all, I came here asking for some advice when first gearing my newly 80 mage in PvP, now I'm seeking a bit more.

Here's my "current" profile :
    http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21379467

Well, current profile does not have wrathful cord/boots, but I'm farming them (got the rating yesterday), now the problem I have with this profile is the balance of stats, particularly of the following :
    - Spell power
    - Haste
    - Resilience

What I mean is, I have 1102 resilience, 2835 spellpower (2788 + 47 Flask of the north) and 593 haste. All "frost pvp" guides and advice I can find say I should have 3k spell and 800 haste. Well, that is irrealistic (spelling ?). What I believe is that my haste is too low, though.

Now the options I have are only a few because :
    - losing the 4 piece PvP will kick me out of the 88 spellpower bonus
    - losing one trinket or the other for the same "use" effect but with haste (battlemaster instead of spell battlemaster) or spellpower/haste (instead of resilience horde medalion) makes me lose a good chunk of stats...

Yeah, also, any advice is welcome, except the one stating "LOL GO STICKIZZZ" (I hereby recall you that the sticky is outdated), also being in a really casual guild with this char on horde side of a 4:1 A:H server the content which I have access to is :
    - ICC 10 man approx 8/12 (Hc gunship only)
    - ICC 25 man 4/12
    - ToC 10, ToGC 10, ToC 25 all clear
    - Of course BGs, Wintergrasp, arena <1400 (I'll end up with the weapon I think, but for now I don't have the rating)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Amnezia

Re: Mage PvP gear : how to know ?

for my taste you got way to much resilence

i run around with 800resilence and its going just fine seeing the fact a frost mage got loads of defense abilities (icebarrier, energyshield, iceblock etc)

im using relentless gear (head, gloves, chest, legs) and the haste shoulders from wg

id also use other trinkets (i prefer the 111sp and stun remove one + reign of dead or dislodged foreign object) and i use both of my pve rings

the next thing is you should aim for 120-140 spell penetration if you dont want to miss some of your spells

im also not sure if you should go with black magic in pvp, personally i would take 63sp
    but its all personal preference

also your aiming for 2vs2 or 3vs3? and iif 2vs2 double dps or dps+healer?

if 2s and double dps change the mana gem glyph and get the icy veins one
    and remove the point from enduring winter and put it in 3/3 frostbite

if you run with a healer your spec is fine (also id replace the icebarrier glyph with the icy veins one since your getting healed anyway)

and be aware the whole post is based on my personal opinion

You can easily swap out the PvP ring for Ring of Rapid Ascent and the PvP necklace for the Necklace of Silent Eulogy. Both are from gunship 25 man, so they should be relatively easy to collect, even on heroic.

That's a quick win on both spellpower and haste.

Amnezia

here is my armory just incase you wanna take a look :P

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Amnezi%C3%A1

Provided you have the gear for it (wrathful + 264 or higher pve gear), 1000+ resil is ideal. I'm running 840 haste, ~3080 SP, and 1006 resil. I run with the haste Wg trinket and heroic DFO. DFO is a wonderful crutch, as is the WG trinket and the battlemaster's trinket. I would get yourself over 700 haste (I switch in my resil medallion every once and a while for the WG trink if it's a poop on the mage kind of day). 700 is a decent starting ground for people without access to a lot of gear. Drop 4pc, run with some t10 (I went chest/shoulders + t9.258 helm, now I'm just using the helm and 4pc) to get your haste higher (provided you have 264 t10).

Gem Quick King's Amber if you have to. I'll be gemming it to as high as I can without dipping below 3k SP as soon as I get the last pve piece I want in my pvp set. Gem two of these in your chestpiece, one in your shoulders shoulders and helm. That should put you up 50 more haste. Then, grab the WG pvp trinket over your resil one or the battlemaster's alacrity to carry your haste over 700. I would suggest a haste wand to give you a little something extra if you can. With that setup you should be fine until you can get the higher end pvp and pve pieces to get higher levels of everything.