Thread: Is this legal?

Is this legal?

So I had this idea that my brother told me is not accepted by Blizzard, and I'm not so sure, so I was hoping for clarification from here. Basically, my 80 mage is Alliance. Come Cata, I want to make a Troll Hunter. You can trade BoA's cross faction no problem, but not gold. I was thinking have my bro make a level 1 troll or Orc, get a white item and put it up in the Gadgetzan AH for about 1000g or something, where my 80 mage will buy it, and the gold my bros troll/orc gets from it will be traded to my level 1 troll hunter and bam, got him some gold. Is this something acceptable or is Blizz gonna say "Hell no."?

Re: Is this legal?

You can do it. I have done this many times
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Auction house is Auction house you can do what you want with it really you shouldn't get into trouble as long as you keep quite about it and go making forums about how you are trading gold across factions then yeah you'll be ok....

That's pretty much the way it's always done. There's no rule against it.

Deleted

Yes it is legal, but why troll hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir
    Guess you got trolled? :P

Alright thanks, good to know.

Been done for a long time, maybe you should go Booty Bay to get there faster or yea, portal to Dalaran-> Times Cavern

THe neutral action house is run by greedy Goblins.
    Hence, to reduce this sort of thing, Blizzard added a "fee" for the goblins:
    The Steamwheedle Cartel takes 14% of all profit made using their auction house,.

If you Sell something for 1000 G on neutral Auction house, you will only receive 860g.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbelprik
    Yes it is legal but why troll hunter?

Well I guess... -puts on sunglasses- you got trolled.
    YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
    Fix'd
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

You can not bid on auctions created by a character from the same account. As long as it is on another account it is fine though and perfectly allowable by Blizzard.

It is worth noting though that the neutral AH takes a 20% cut of the gold you bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Forum Troll
    If you Sell something for 1000 G on neutral Auction house, you will only receive 860g.
    Watch out for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir
    Because everyone knows that people who play Troll Hunters are pro.

Deleted

Yep, took me a transfer of 8000 gold to find out about the discount. 6800 is still a decent amount I guess.
    Also, I do believe that the cut is 15%.

Just be careful of sending items that way, cuz I'm a vulture.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Better way to do it is to do some AH surfing and find an item on the Horde AH that sells for more than it does on the Alliance AH.

Here's how you then handle it:

1) Put item for sale on neutral AH for 1 cp
    2) Have a friend or a second account waiting with the refresh button to be clicked the instant you finish inputing the auction
    3) Trade item to your lowbie and sell away

The reason it has to be a friend or second account is because, to discourage a lot of cross-faction trading, Blizz set it so you cannot purchase neutral AH auctions with any character on the same account as the originator.

Remember, too, that there's a small risk that someone else will be camping the refresh button and will spot it in the split second before your friend can buy it, hence the need to be very fast.

Personally, I think Blizz should just let you transfer gold and items across factions with the mailbox.. maybe hike the postage from 3 cp to 1 gold, or something.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan
    1) Put item for sale on neutral AH for 1 cp
    More likely botters, /who the AH locations on both factions for a lvl 1 in winterspring for example. Safer just to take the 15%

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor D
    Yep, took me a transfer of 8000 gold to find out about the discount. 6800 is still a decent amount I guess.
    Also, I do believe that the cut is 15%.
    It is 20% at neutral AHs but it is reduced up to 20% by your faction standing with the neutral AH where the sale takes place. So it you are transferring to a level 1 character its fairly safe to say it will be 20%. It decreases to 16% if you are exalted with the appropriate city.

Deleted

no ur gonna go to prison and a tauren warrior is gonna come behind u with his massive sword and hamstring u and then ull bleed