Stunlocked by rogues

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum, or that I should put it in the priest thread...But here it goes:

I play a shadowpriest/mage comp in 2v2, we are only 1400 rated, and I am not a genius at pvping. However there is one thing I would like to know:
    Is there any possible way to avoid getting killed by rogues? Somehow it seems that whenever we meet a team with a rogue, the rogue just comes to me and kills me...how should I avoid this?

Thanks in advance,

Nokodohere

Deleted

Re: Stunlocked by rogues

getting atleast 800 resi and 25k hp helps alot use pvp trinket (or human racial) when he uses kidney shot (never cheap shot). after you trinket you could use physic scream or your 51 talent pts spell (cant remember the name).

10+ Year Old Account

I assmune you are the sPriest, when rogue stuns you, your mage should spamsheep the rogue so you can get away (Fade away from crippling and get some distance)

hehehe

No armory profile linked, but my guess is that you must be using pve/bad pvp gear.
    Good geared rogues rape clothies in bad gear in mather of seconds.

So basicly get better pvp gear, and you will survive a stunlock for sure.

You can disperse when you know heavy dmg is coming. Save trinket for kidney. Make sure the rogue isn't using Cos before trying to fear him. Always have your shield up.

I think if you are in similar gear you should have an advantage on the rogue one on one.

If the rogue can play you are dead... shadowpriests are too easy for rogues...

10+ Year Old Account

get into combat with his partner asap... he cant sap you as sson as you're in combat.

In case he starts raping you eitherway... disperse, fade, trinket, sheep, deep freeze, frost nova, fear, psykick horror.... etc :P
    All hail Ion Itsgonnacostus, the overlord of hypocracy

I am using full relentless gear with wrathful offpieces (the ones that don't use rating), only pve stuff is my weapon, wand and 2nd trinket.

EDIT: and my 2nd ring is ashen one

EDIT: Is there any addon that can properly show me which kind of stun I am currently in (sap/kidney/cheap) I am having a hard time ditinguishing those

If you have good gear, there is simply no way that you could die in one stunlock. As the previous poster said, you should trinket the kidneyshot and run far away. As you have a mage in your team, it should be no problem to get to distance from the rogue. The rogue has exactly 3 cds to counter slows, if you do not count the insignia. He can vanish twice, and use cloak once. Try to gain distance by using fade when he is rooted/stunned by your mage friend. You can also have your mage sheep him to ruin his initial stunlock. Obviously, the most dangerous portion of the fight is the cloak.

He can use his cloak either to get to you when you have reached distance, or to counter your dispersion and be on top of you when it ends.

The key in this fight is distance. If you are 20 yards away from the rogue, and he has blown his cooldowns, he will never reach you again. In this situation, the two of you can simply blow him into peaces. Also, try to keep at least one dot on the rogue at any time of the fight, as to prevent him from vanishing and keeping hidden without blowing his cloak.

It is surely important what kind of a partner he has, since he will actively try to stop you from getting away. Perhaps you could elaborate which comps you have the most problems against.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    If you have good gear, there is simply no way that you could die in one stunlock. As the previous poster said, you should trinket the kidneyshot and run far away. As you have a mage in your team, it should be no problem to get to distance from the rogue. The rogue has exactly 3 cds to counter slows, if you do not count the insignia. He can vanish twice, and use cloak once. Try to gain distance by using fade when he is rooted/stunned by your mage friend. You can also have your mage sheep him to ruin his initial stunlock. Obviously, the most dangerous portion of the fight is the cloak.

He can use his cloak either to get to you when you have reached distance, or to counter your dispersion and be on top of you when it ends.

The key in this fight is distance. If you are 20 yards away from the rogue, and he has blown his cooldowns, he will never reach you again. In this situation, the two of you can simply blow him into peaces. Also, try to keep at least one dot on the rogue at any time of the fight, as to prevent him from vanishing and keeping hidden without blowing his cloak.

It is surely important what kind of a partner he has, since he will actively try to stop you from getting away. Perhaps you could elaborate which comps you have the most problems against.
    The hardest is against a paladin/rogue, as the paladin dispel's my mage's sheep.
    Another one is rogue/druid, because most of the time my mage gets cycloned and can't sheep the rogue then.
    Also, I do not die in one stunlock, I just get very low and once I get out of the lock, I can get killed easily. If it is a double dps team then I do die in the stunlock...

Quote Originally Posted by matti0006
    I am using full relentless gear with wrathful offpieces (the ones that don't use rating), only pve stuff is my weapon, wand and 2nd trinket.

EDIT: and my 2nd ring is ashen one

EDIT: Is there any addon that can properly show me which kind of stun I am currently in (sap/kidney/cheap) I am having a hard time ditinguishing those
    An addon called LoseControl will display an icon indicating the CC or noteworthy effect you are under (such as silences) with a timer in the centre of your screen.
    I imagine it can also be moved, just I have not yet bothered to do so.
    PowerAuras can also do that, but requires more setup but will provide a much more customisable alert, particularly with text which may be more obvious such as "Cheap Shot - do not Trinket !", or "Silenced !" - with a timer indicating the duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by matti0006
    The hardest is against a paladin/rogue, as the paladin dispel's my mage's sheep.
    Another one is rogue/druid, because most of the time my mage gets cycloned and can't sheep the rogue then.
    Also, I do not die in one stunlock, I just get very low and once I get out of the lock, I can get killed easily. If it is a double dps team then I do die in the stunlock...
    Well, for the druid/rogue team, you should exploit the fact that they have zero dispells. Simply break the kidney and have your mage nova+stun the rogue. Even if he gets cycloned, the rogue needs to blow his insignia or you are at distance already. If he blows his insignia, you just need to get of one single sheep and you can get to distance and heal to full. If he does not, well, put some slows+ dots on him. You have to realize that your target in this fight is not to survive infinitely, or to get a fast kill necessarily, but simply to get the rogue to blow 2x vanish + cloak, and then be at a distance. Once this is achieved, with the slows from the mage, he will never be able to reach you again, meaning you can heal to full, and then blow him into pieces while silencing/stunning the druid. You should also never, under any circumstances, willingly give up distance. If he runs towards you, do not stand there and cast, but run away. He should be pretty slow with you mage on him. In the beginning of the fight, the mage should use all cooldowns defensively, probably even trinket a cyclone to do something evil to the rogue. If he gets blinded, he can still use iceblock. Also, maybe starting with a counter on the druid and a sheep on the rogue could be a good idea. If he blows his insignia, you can stun him and get your distance.

Paladin is basically the same, only it is harder because the pala can dispel and freedom the rogue. But here you only need to survive the paladins cds. Also, note that a paladin can only dispell one debuff at a time. If your mage throws some frobos into the rogue with Icy vains, and you put some dots onto him, he has lots of magic debuffs. Try then countering HoF with a stun + dispells, or just dispells and running if you are far enough away from him.

Also, dispersion is incredibly powerful, and a very short cd. You can use it either to make the rogue do no damage at all in a kidneyshot, or to run away with. Since you are immune to slows, when you use it while the rogue has a cd on kidney, you can get insanely far away from him, again making it pretty impossible for him to reach you again. Kiting the rogue should be the key in this fights, and with a frostmage on your side, kiting stuff gets easy.

Thanks alot, I am going to try it all out

1. Spec into dispersion
    2. have the mage sheep the rogue/df the rogue BEFORE kidney. Then use fade and nuke the rogue in a df with silence on the healer. GG
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!