Can you lend me a hand? The internet just isn't cutting it.

Can't seem to find an absolute answer online so thought I'd ask here

So I have been a longtime JC/Enc - Now I've become obcessed with Min/Maxn my toons, and I know JC Alch is best. But at the same time the enchants to rings have always been such a draw to me.

I have never been an alch - my alt is one but shes been 70 since the xpac.

So can someone elaborate the reasons why Alch is best over Ench. (Besides saving $$ *I dont care about spending more $ on flasks*). What in game or in combat benefit will I recieve from dropping enc for alch?

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Can you lend me a hand? The internet just isn't cutting it.

Do you mean for Holy?

Mainly because of the Crazy Alch potions, which can double proc Mana pots or Speed pots- These are usually way better than the pitiful +SP enchants on the rings.

Depending on who Int works for Holy in Cata, the passive bonus from Enchanting may be better.

Oh yea, for holy - I logged out in my rest set so ignore that if you looked. I am and will always be a Holy paladin 1st.

15+ Year Old Account

Well obviously, because both BS and Engineering are BiS for Ret.

min/maxing your proffs isn't going to really give you an edge like it did in tbc

as long as you have 2 somewhat useful ones you will be okey

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    min/maxing your proffs isn't going to really give you an edge like it did in tbc

as long as you have 2 somewhat useful ones you will be okey
    Translates to NOT mining or herbalism basically. Anything else is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Veil
    Translates to NOT mining or herbalism basically. Anything else is fine.
    Enchanting, Letherworking, Tailoring, Engineering are all pretty bad for Holy Pallies too.

The problem with a profession like enchanting is that you only have one way to go with your bonus - additional spellpower. Whereas BS, JC and Alch let you choose which stat you want to buff. You don't want spellpower? Great. Go get some Int instead. Or Crit, or MP5 or whatever the hell you want.

Any of those three are good choices. Any others vary from lame to useless.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Haste enchant to gloves from engineering for holy paladins is not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Tailoring is actually pretty dam badass for holy.

I guess I shouldn't call Engineering and Tailoring "bad", but I sure wouldn't call either "badass" and Tailoring at least is definitely sub-par compared to JC/BS/Alch.

Tailoring gives you a cloak enchant that restores mana. The very best you can get out of this enchant is 400 mana every 60 seconds (60 second CD, 35% proc rate). That works out to be 33 MP5. In exchange, you give up the 23 Haste that you would normally enchant on your cloak. The MP5 is obviously better, but at this point in the expansion, I honestly would prefer the Haste.

Engineering gives you rocketboots which some people will swear up and down by, but are of seriously limited use (I'd rather have a smaller, constant runspeed enchant since I rarely need to go 50 billion yards in three seconds one time in a fight, but often have to move slightly multiple times). You also get a glove enchant that will give you a temporary boost to your Haste for 12 seconds out of every minute. This is actually quite nice. However, you're once again giving up your enchantment slot. And there's no guarantee that you'll be able to use the additional Haste to its fullest on every fight.

Engineering is the only one of the two I would consider even remotely as a contender to be included with BS/JC/Alch. Comparing Engineering to BS, you just have to make the choice between 320 Haste 10-20% of the time or 28 SP and two gems all the time.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.