Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Prot Warrior Nerfs Leads to Less Tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Diecron
    That's most of my point, though. Warriors are easily the best sustained threat generating class. (Maybe DKs have more initial burst, however).

Surely in ICC you don't take three prot warriors along and then complain about lack of abilities to deal with trash?

That's like taking only holy paladin healers along and wondering why during heroic marrowgar's bonestorm, people are dying.

Different classes are better at different things; warriors do brilliantly in some areas. While I agree that AoE would be a great place to improve prot warriors, it is also our weak point for a reason - that reason being that our other areas are incredibly strong.
    The main issue with prot warriors at the moment is how easily we go under when faced with 'instagib' mechanics. Altho it doesn't matter now with the 20% buff, but it did earlier.

Those DEVASTATING nerfs. I will soon get my REVENGE.
    Both of those were buffed ^

I farm heroics tanking in dps gear. The dps I have seen is unreal. Can you say 38k combined revenge cleave?

15+ Year Old Account

While I havn't tanked really since ICC first started, I didn't have any issues then.

Hell, during 3.2 I was able to hold threat off our Pally OT who enjoyed going all out when he didn't have the damn boss.

That was before the revenge buff too, I can't wait till I get my new warrior to 80 :3

I dont get why people still think that warriors are too nerfed...

If you think Palas are OP and you never ever get the same DPS as a Pally tanking... YOU ARE STUPID!

- Warriors cant make the same single-target or multi-target DPS as a pally (this is seal of command making all the work)
    - I have 4k dps on single target tanking, but my guldie-pala has almost 5k dps... Im not saddened... Because I know what Paladins do when Tanking... And Im happy I got something more to do than 6969 shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Acapulco View Post
    I dont get why people still think that warriors are too nerfed...

If you think Palas are OP and you never ever get the same DPS as a Pally tanking... YOU ARE STUPID!

- Warriors cant make the same single-target or multi-target DPS as a pally (this is seal of command making all the work)
    - I have 4k dps on single target tanking, but my guldie-pala has almost 5k dps... Im not saddened... Because I know what Paladins do when Tanking... And Im happy I got something more to do than 6969 shit...
    Oh man, have I ever been below a protection paladin on the DPS list with my protection warrior after 3.3 .. Hell knows I haven't!
    The only exception would be if there is a ridiculous ammount of mobs..

Single Target DPS is just below 4'000.

Multi Target DPS is just about 10'000.

So a fantastic tip for all the "dps struggling" protection warriors out there would be to keep your god damn expertise and hit within an acceptable level.

Self am I rolling with about ~20 expertise & ~180 hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnukk View Post
    Oh man, have I ever been below a protection paladin on the DPS list with my protection warrior after 3.3 .. Hell knows I haven't!
    The only exception would be if there is a ridiculous ammount of mobs..

Single Target DPS is just below 4'000.

Multi Target DPS is just about 10'000.

So a fantastic tip for all the "dps struggling" protection warriors out there would be to keep your god damn expertise and hit within an acceptable level.

Self am I rolling with about ~20 expertise & ~180 hit.
    FAIL!!!

Get 26 expertise before you go around saying things like this.

I think this is what most people's general "complaint" about warriors right now is. We are basically the only tank that has to worry about expertise/hit in order to fully match some of the other tanks DPS/TPS, and yes there is TotT and MD but as the new Cata posts state, they want to cut those abilities way down in usefulness for sustained TPS.

Do I ever have a problem keeping enough TPS compared to the damage dealers? Nope. Do I get excited when I see 4k+ DPS as a tank? Again, not really. This is in the world of 10k+ from DPS, and if I cared about my personal damage to that extent I would be gemming for DPS and not survivablilty.

We take more work than other tanks, we can't go AFK while tanking, and generally if you are good at it, you are better than just remembering which button is coming off CD next.
    Quote Originally Posted by goomba
    *Hopefully is a trademark of goomba, it implies nothing, it promises nothing, but it is a glimmer of hope that the designers aren't completely moronic.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Autodidact View Post
    From what you said, it looks like you were a warrior tank.
    The queue getting longer for you would be the result of an INFLUX of tanks.

No no no, what he's saying is "When I switched to dps from being a tank, it took forever to get into dungeon queue's!" This is kind of like saying "When I stopped bathing in water and began taking acid baths, my skin started to fall off!".

Tanks always get semi-insta-queue's when using LFD, thats just how it works - most of the time it's the lack of a tank that keeps LFD groups from popping up instantly. What you are seeing now, is what everyone else has always seen - lots of DPS, barely enough heals/tanks to go around.

because ur class isn't FOTM doesn't mean it is bad... if u know what ur doing and u press the buttons in the right order ur still a fine tank. Yes it might cause other players f.e. healers to pay a little bit more attention cause ur not backed up by imba Ardent Defender but who cares? . Skill > Class > Gearscore ;p

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    i did a lot less instances because it was a lot less fun without warbringer removing my snares + healers who do not dispell it. (not talking about balance just fun factor)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Bullshit that is Bullshit

I use to be a prot pvp war just like he was ..but i also used that prot spec and even with pvp gear i would tank thru instances....now idc how ppl say that war is supose to be the main tank of all times...ppl who actually play the warriors look for fun skills..not if ppl want them as tanks or dps......hell its a fact that there is more pally tanks and dks tanks i could even go as far as saying there is more druid tanks that warrior tanks....the more nerfs warriors recive the lest there will be and if pallies or dks got nerfed also samething would happen...only warriors should be able to comment about this becouse only warriors know how much nerfs affect us and how much it pisses us of making us just DELETE our warriors. u really cant spect ppl to stay as warriors after all the nerfs atleast not all....and thats kinda y there have been less and less warrior-anythings.....wich include tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    After asking around and my own experience, there seems to be a correlation between prot warrior nerfs and less tanks in the game.
    Numbers PLZ! otherwise just lame QQ

Quote Originally Posted by vreid View Post
    Did we get nerfed? I remeber doing ridiculous amounts of damage with revenge because blizzard felt bad that they had to remove the revenge stun (which wasn't all that great because it was rng).
    Lol..revenge got buffed to try and (it did not compensate) compensate for the warbringer nerf combo where they took the mobility and burst damage away from prot warriors. Just in case you don't remember, they halfed the damage of shield slam and concussion blow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may not be the best choice as tank for most encounters in ICC, but hey, I'm here so what. Warriors are fine in my opinion, but they need to be alot more focused and make no mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfedagain1 View Post
    Lol..revenge got buffed to try and (it did not compensate) compensate for the warbringer nerf combo where they took the mobility and burst damage away from prot warriors. Just in case you don't remember, they halfed the damage of shield slam and concussion blow.
    the main hump of a new prot pvp build is revenge/devastate and shockwave based, at least thats where im seein the dmg come out
    paladins 5s stun doesnt do any dmg to you, should it get a buff? or should ours get nerfed again?
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD