Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Talent Calculator - Introducing WoWTal

Shadow priests got no leeway in terms of spent talents on this tree. In fact, the cookie-cutter spec is looking like we will have to take every talent in the shadow tree minus two points in our threat reduction to grab Inner Focus. I think Blizzard should make more shadow talents flavor talents and not raw dps upgrades to help mend how bloated it has become. I am very excited for the PI+Chakra Smite spec that I'm sure many will be testing once beta comes out. Seems like it will be good for automated spot heals while still maintaining decent damage output. I noticed the GCD reduction to Holy Nova that this smite spec would take for AoE as well.

I don't like how a hybrid sub spec (smite) will have a proc and a damage CD (Surge of Light / PI ) and Shadow; the main damage spec will not.

Predatory Strikes (2 points) - Increases the critical strike chance of your Ravage by 50/25% at or above 90% health, and your finishing moves have a 10/20% chance per combo point to make your next Nature spell with a base casting time less than 10 seconds become an instant cast spell

I'm going to assume its 25/50% because talents shouldn't get worse as you add more, right?

Anyways, mixed up in the talent calculator.
    Signatures are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    The problem is that it force blizzard to do more work for Feral Tree. In the Feral Tree almost 80% is passive talents.

If you look at it, i see that Blizzard added more talent for Feral so they can use Bear Talent and Kitty Talent without having some talent needed to go deeper into the talent.

Bear Tanking: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=-5wwN9cvS7BIDEC.9dw.druid

Kitty DPS: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=-AhZE9__Qqr_iaP.9dw.druid

I see a huge differrent between the talents. The only thing that is common is SI, the rest is different when you look at it.

I think blizzard should change SI for kitty as a way to boost DPS, whenever we corner a cat it will fight back harder than before.

I figured, because most classes have a great deal of passive talents. It would be an greater undertaking to do away with most of the talents than, while still balancing the gameplay compared to a whole new Azeroth. Maybe they realized they bit off more than they could chew and disregarded the "doing away most passive talent points for "fun" talents" plan.

Just saying. If they do do away with most of it, i would applaud it. If they stick to a whole bunch of passive talent points, i am fine with it either way. We all have max level characters so it's not that big a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Druid resto tree still has a bit to go especially early on in the tree, but Solar beam+resto pvp looks like it could be insanely deadly against casters.

Also very nice to see that resto druids will have some other viable form of damage besides just moonfire and wrathing...which as of now does practically no damage and is easily interrupted.

The first 2 ranks of Predatory Instincts say "Increases the damage done by your melee critical strikes by 3/5%" but the third rank says "While in Cat Form increases your damage from melee critical strikes by 10%"

15+ Year Old Account

Cool, i can learn duel-wield as ele, just make offhand caster weapons k thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 502 Bad Gateway
    Wait a minute. I thought they were going to get rid of most passive talents?

I know it's still not even beta stage, but i figured i ought to ask anyway.
    I know! It's mostly unchanged.

Increases the damage of moonfire by %
    Increases the damage of Starfall by %
    Increases the damage etc.

Tons of passive damage buffs. In fact there are passive damage buffs in resto tree now. If anything there are MORE passive damage talents.

Wierd.

OH MY GOD. I CAN HAS COMBAT PVP SPEC?

MAYBE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

I can see PW:B be like AMS
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I totally stole that post from Dinnerbone btw.

Argh I want to see the DK talents so bad but I fear it will be awhile before they post them because how much work is being done on it >.<

If I try to open one of these links my browser starts asking me what program I want to use to open Wowtal_com with.....

Not sure if this is just due to the server stress or something else. Forums seems a bit unstable as well (posts/threads only partially loading, if at all).

I wanna see my new & pretty priest talents!

Quote Originally Posted by Adys
    Masteries are under NDA, we cannot publish them.
    ahhhh, thats why thanks for clearing that up

On a side note ... Vendetta looks AMAZING!!!

Some talents are missing their icons and appear as a vertical green line similar to "l"
    This happens to talents sometimes when loading the blank tree, and sometimes to other talents after spending points.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    I feel confused.

Acute Overload - Increases the damage of your elemental overload spells by __%.

Yet, Elemental Overload is not currently on the elemental talent tree. O_o

Resto Druids: Welcome to the world of the Demonology Warlock. Completely Gipped out of a talent.
    Acute overload ups the damage from the spell "copies" from Elemental's Mastery.

bye bye Meditaition 50% mp5 while casting
    damn you blizz you want us to get oom too fast

as a shadow priest i DO NOT like where this is going.. the shadow tree seems okay but wtf are we supposed to do with the rest of the talents? theres almost absolutely nothing in the disc tree that will increase our dps besides twin disc.

Deleted

Uhm.... wasn't there SOMETHING about getting rid of all those "boring" +Crit etc. talents? I still see plenty of those there....

ie. Master Shapeshifter is THE +crit, +dmg talent. - spell cost also isn't what I would call exciting...

After all their talking about this stuff I expected a lot more, I don't really see all that many changes in those trees.

Not sure if anyone caught this already, but didn't they say there wasn't going to be five extra talent points with the upcoming expansion pack? So shouldn't the talents still be to 80 only? Sorry if this was already gone over or if you haven't gotten to it yet.
    "Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found."
    By a forum member "Membrane"

Quote Originally Posted by Hadisabeast
    Not sure if anyone caught this already, but didn't they say there wasn't going to be five extra talent points with the upcoming expansion pack? So shouldn't the talents still be to 80 only? Sorry if this was already gone over or if you haven't gotten to it yet.
    I think Blizz said they're giving the extra 5 points, just not a new tier. I think.

And thanks for the preview guys. Very exciting.

15+ Year Old Account

Interesting that you can make a resto shammy talent in which you can dual-wield
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Can't wait for Mage talents ahhhhh. <3