Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post

Even so, there should be zero complaining about extra sources of healing. With a pally judging Light, great, more heals to make healer life easier. Imp LotP / Judgement of Light / Healing Stream Totem is icing on the cake... sure, some people like their cake plain and boring, but I love my icing! Regardless, if you don't lose anything important by providing an extra source of heals, there should be no reason not to provide it.

Also... no update on paladin changes yet, either. Paladins seem to be the target of mass revamps as of lately (I'm still a fan of the judgment/seal system that was in place most of BC over the current one... I thought it was more fun and exciting, but that's another story ), and Blizz is taking their time on releasing specific info with that class. For all we know, those judgments could be long gone or operating in a completely different way.
    I meant it more of "it may not be needed depending on raid makeup", NOT as "it's a bad talent".

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002 View Post
    I meant it more of "it may not be needed depending on raid makeup", NOT as "it's a bad talent".
    Haha, I was coming at it from the converse: "Until Imp LotP becomes a bad talent in terms of cost to your raid, it will be needed/desired in raid makeups." More simply put, until the heal costs something or impacts the raid negatively, it will not be a bad talent.

We were just looking at it from two different sides of the same coin.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    So anyone else think we're gonna have to start out tank and spank fights with feral charge from bear form?
    Yup. Berserk, Charge, Boom. Maybe switch the order...

15+ Year Old Account
    if we dont focus on "enrage" a lot this spec might be best for maintianing threat

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#0ZiMI...z0Gz0to0Ectbz:

funny thing is nature swidftness it mgiht give us an extra 5K HT as a free mana pot every 3 mins (yes it does shift u out but normaly a quick shift wont kill u)
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by getefix View Post
    Yup. Berserk, Charge, Boom. Maybe switch the order...
    For cat DPS, If i'm not mistaken haste makes energy regain faster.

So, theoretically we would charge in as bear (for 30% haste), go cat mangle > SR > rake > Shred > TF > berserk

Berserk would be near the end of the haste period as i would think 30% haste is a lot of extra energy. I don't know, we'll have to see how it works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    So, theoretically we would charge in as bear (for 30% haste), go cat mangle > SR > rake > Shred > TF > berserk
    I seriously doubt they would allow druids to do that. If you ask me, they are going to make the two mutually exclusive. Only giving the haste buff while in bear form, and only giving the ability to use Ravage in cat form. You will most likely not be able to gain the haste buff and keep it once you switch to kitty. Think of how kitty you can build up combo points in cat form but keep those points on the target if you switch forms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, obviously they won't allow that buff-shifting. Just like they're preventing SR from working while Bear, or Enrage working while Cat.

Allow me to state something that will seem obvious, but it's not so much: consider the amount of builds we're all posting, and all the possibilities in terms of st-ups, skills, utilities, threat or survival focus, etc.
    If they wanted to make talents "fun" and not "mandatory"... bloody hell they did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

at least get leader of the pack >.< that's one of the only reasons i favor druid tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow... What really gets me excited isn't the talent-tree changes, but seeing such variety in specs being suggested! Looks like we'll be seeing more then the same 3 'WotLK-tankspecs' once Cataclysm is out ^^

I'm a little confused after comparing the MMO-Champ calculator with the Wowhead version though...

Wowtal: 5/5 Feral Aggression - Reduces the cooldown of Faerie Fire (Bear) by 5 sec, and increases the damage caused by your Ferocious Bite by 15%.
    Wowhead: 5/5 Feral Aggression - Increases the attack power reduction of your Demoralizing Roar by 40% and the damage caused by your Ferocious Bite by 15%.

And one more thingy; "Wowhead: Improved Mangle (3 points) - Changed! Becoming a 2 point talent." <-- I guess its safe to assume that this is correct?
    Last edited by Syph; 2010-06-12 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    at least get leader of the pack >.< that's one of the only reasons i favor druid tanks.
    It depends on what you're doing and the scope of that which you're doing. If you're running 5 mans, it's generally negligible. If you're in a 10 man and don't have a ret paladin, then I can see reason to take it. If you're in a 25 man, chances are you're going to have at least one ret or prot paladin to judge light (as well as a holy paladin), so again, 2 free points.

Quote Originally Posted by Syph View Post
    Wow... What really gets me excited isn't the talent-tree changes, but seeing such variety in specs being suggested! Looks like we'll be seeing more then the same 3 'WotLK-tankspecs' once Cataclysm is out ^^

I'm a little confused after comparing the MMO-Champ calculator with the Wowhead version though...

Wowtal: 5/5 Feral Aggression - Reduces the cooldown of Faerie Fire (Bear) by 5 sec, and increases the damage caused by your Ferocious Bite by 15%.
    Wowhead: 5/5 Feral Aggression - Increases the attack power reduction of your Demoralizing Roar by 40% and the damage caused by your Ferocious Bite by 15%.

And one more thingy; "Wowhead: Improved Mangle (3 points) - Changed! Becoming a 2 point talent." <-- I guess its safe to assume that this is correct?

Probably been answered somewhere in this thread already... I'll update this post with my preliminary 'early-85-solo&hc's-spec' once I know what's what
    The released notes correspond to what WoWhead has (the blue posts that are on the front page of MMOChamp).

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah thanks, I'll just use the original message from Blizz as main reference then..

Atleast now I see why theres some confusion regarding Improved Mangle... "Improved Mangle (3 points)" yet the 'tooltip' only informs about two steps (0.5/1.0 second c/d reduction for bear & 2/4 energy reduction for cat)... afaik Imp. Mangle was only useful for tanks at a 1.5sec reduced c/d (aka the current 3/3).. but I'll assume that 2/2 will do in cataclysm

Thinking about something along the lines of this: (0/60/16)

Its not an optimal 'die-hard tanking spec', but the intention is to have a single spec that can be used for soloing, PVP as well as tanking HC's... This leaves my offspec open so that I can fiddle around with resto (which seems like fun again, for the first time since vanilla in my eyes ^^)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob002 View Post
    It depends on what you're doing and the scope of that which you're doing. If you're running 5 mans, it's generally negligible. If you're in a 10 man and don't have a ret paladin, then I can see reason to take it. If you're in a 25 man, chances are you're going to have at least one ret or prot paladin to judge light (as well as a holy paladin), so again, 2 free points.
    I don't get why everyone puts Light and LotP one against the other... they're not mutually exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.