Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shaman Population

It seems to me that shamans are going to be a very high played class come the rest of WotLK and in Cataclysm. I play a shaman myself, since TBC and I can't get into any other class as much as my shaman. They are fun, no doubt.

I see a lot of threads about, "Which is the most fun class to play?" And it seems like Shaman is always on the top. I really think shamans might be the new DK or Paladin. Connecting them by the amount of people playing them, that is.

Does anyone else think this or have noticed a lot more shaman popularity?

Deleted

Re: Shaman Population

Not really... I'm still having some troubles finding a resto shaman for icc10/25

imo they are weak in pvp...

10+ Year Old Account

Well they're hard to get into and once you're into them I think that it's hard to ever stop playing them. My first main was a Shaman and he's still one of my favorites to play.

At the beginning of WotLK the number of shamans kinda went down (at least on my realm) but lately it seems that everyone is leveling one...

Resto is not so much underpowered in PvP at all ...

I got my ass handed to me yesterday ... try kill a shammy that knows when to ghost wolf / pop Natures swiftness ect. there not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally
    Resto is not so much underpowered in PvP at all ...

I got my ass handed to me yesterday ... try kill a shammy that knows when to ghost wolf / pop Natures swiftness ect. there not easy.
    Now try to kill a Disc Priest or Holy pally, period. Resto isn't a very good PvP spec by comparison, not so much by faults of it's own.

Maybe your server is different than mine, but I haven't really seen a population shift. My money is that we stay underrepresented among healing classes in Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Being underrepresented suits me just fine thank you. I have the usual range of alts but my Shammy is my main and the most fun to play, decent ranged dps with fun BG play and amazing raid healing.

Yes if you are into arena play then it is probably not for you but *shrug8 I dont care about that.

As to the population rise, I am on EU Saurfang and I definately think see more Shammies around but remember we are easier to spot in cities as we are the only characters with whirling orbs around us most of the time, and seeing more may still leave us fewer as there were none for a long time.

It seems to be a very populair alt class, over half my guild has a high lvl shaman alt. And only like 4 shaman main chars. So I don't think the shaman main population is on the rise, It's just that people have more time for alts these days and shaman are the populair choice for it.

I'm shaman for life though (unless they introduce tinker class : )
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

High number of shamans, maybe, depends on the server. But very few of the shamans that are out there are actually good, I would honestly put the percentage somewhere around 10-12% are actually good. Most shaman I run into are just terrible, and I tend to see alot of pve shamans gem spell pen/str/arp or anything else that isnt good for them (pve wise). It will be a sad day if blizzard over simplfys the class to make it easier to play for the mass of bad players, no offence to anyone but go play a mage/ret/hunter if you want an easier class to play thats more forgiving. And yes I have a hunter and ret for when I feel like taking a bit of a break.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

15+ Year Old Account
    Shamans are the #2 most searched class according to wowprogress.com. #1 is Druids, but that makes sense since they can cover up to 4 roles. If Shamans were needed by 1,08% more guilds, then they would be the most needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw View Post
    Now try to kill a Disc Priest or Holy pally, period. Resto isn't a very good PvP spec by comparison, not so much by faults of it's own.

Maybe your server is different than mine, but I haven't really seen a population shift. My money is that we stay underrepresented among healing classes in Cataclysm.
    try casting vs a resto shaman as a holy paladin.

resto provides a lot of support and purge

powerful if played right...holy pally you can just faceroll, shaman you gotta do some shit

Yeah many ele-shamans are runnig around in my battlegroup, but since i am enhancement-shaman i don't care at all :-)

edit: I forgot to mention that my first char was shaman too, if you start with one you may try out many alts, but sometime you come back to the fun. I tried ele a few days ago, but i will stick with enhancement with a resto offspec, ele is just boring for me.
    Last edited by GGashok; 2010-06-17 at 06:57 PM.

Personally, I like priests more than shamans.

Also, shaman representation will drop considerably in Cataclysm as many play them now because they are the only class that has heroism/blood lust and in Cataclysm mages are getting heroism/blood lust.

Rshammy's ain't bad in PVP, not at all. They just don't really shine in the bracket (still) most people play, aka 2's. Give them two casters or a rogue and a lock and pop BL and see stuff die. Still sad thats the major reason Rshamans are 'good' in 3's.