Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Cata] Resto shamans not yet finished?

i look at the new talents we get and... yay 2 new ones? like really? that's it?

all other classes that are released so far get more then 2...

Re: [Cata] Resto shamans not yet finished?

I heard it's still alpha, just finished first pass. Get over it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted

i know, thats why i said in the title "not yet finished?" i am saying RIGHT NOW all we got is 2 new talents.

I hear that pre-beta, pre-release talents are totally set in stone and not subject to any changes whatsoever.

So... yeah, it's pretty darn likely that there will be more changes.

Also, we may see subtle changes within talents, rather than totally new ones.

What kel said, it's just a preview of what they have so far, all the trees they released look unfinished. The talents they said they are doing away with are still present in most trees(the just plain crit and damage increasing talents, aka the "boring talents").

Don't get too mad chaps, theres been about 10-20 of these types of posts already and the news has only been on the main page for a few hours. Expect to see tons of "OMG NEW CATA DPS BUILDS" and "WTF NO NEW TALENTS FFS" threads on the forums. Don't let it get you too mad or your head is likely to explode.

In Short, the Alpha isn't even out yet, it's still on friends & family. When they release these talent trees to the live servers, which will be after the beta (F&F>ALPHA>BETA). Then you can make posts like these and people might actually take them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I heard it's still alpha, just finished first pass. Get over it.
    Priest Forums, that way ------------>

I really don't know why we get such a preview where only a few things were changed. Preview of Priest disc tree? ok. Preview of Druid balance tree? ok. All the other half done stuff? No thanks. They should put their time to better use than this, really. That was not a really Blizzard-like thing to do.

Tbh was hoping to see at least Spirit Link re-introduced so that could at least be trying to solve the issues they had with it in TBC beta.
    Stilll hopeful that they can do that they will be able to do that for a later build

Quote Originally Posted by Ize
    Tbh was hoping to see at least Spirit Link re-introduced so that could at least be trying to solve the issues they had with it in TBC beta.
    Stilll hopeful that they can do that they will be able to do that for a later build
    It's a talent tree, not a list of spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Ize
    spirit link was the most interesting and talent for shamans, yet it was a big fail i totally agree it should be re-introduced

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    It's a talent tree, not a list of spells.
    It's supposed to be a talent, not a spell :

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    It's supposed to be a talent, not a spell :
    In the wrath beta it was. Odds are if they implement it, it probably would be again, but it wouldn't HAVE to be. Also, it's Alpha and that talent sheet is the same one that was leaked months ago.

In the wrath beta it was. Odds are if they implement it, it probably would be again, but it wouldn't HAVE to be.
    The first preview said, if they were to re-implement it, it would be a talent deep down in the resto tree. There is now way they would make this baseline, not now, not ever.

Also, it's Alpha and that talent sheet is the same one that was leaked months ago.
    My point exactly.

i'm guessing they will be adding a heal shock for restos, focused insight makes no sense if they don't

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab
    i'm guessing they will be adding a heal shock for restos, focused insight makes no sense if they don't
    While that might be the case, note that in all of the heal trees we've seen so far they've added explicit damage boosting talents. Priests have so many between holy and disc that they're bordering on a viable dps spec.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab
    Considering they stated they are thinking about giving healers the tools (time/mana/etc.) to DPS between heals focused insight does make sense.
    Also looking at the fact it's easy to get shamanistic focus, which makes shocks dirty cheap, it sounds like a nice mechanic imo. Shocks only take a GCD and it increases your next heal, even if the DPS of it isn't that great it's still an nice heal boost.

Aand we already have a heal shock, it's called riptide
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    Aand we already have a heal shock, it's called riptide
    And unleash weapon, so we actually have two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    And unleash weapon, so we actually have two.
    Unleash Weapon -> +20% healing on next heal.
    Frost Shock (with Focused Insight) -> +25% healing on next heal.
    Riptide!
    Looks like shamans are getting some decent instant heals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Focused Insight is mainly for PvP, but also very good for PvE. You damage whenever people doesn't need healing, and then you empower your next healing when people will be in need of healing. But don't expect it to be a big part of Restoration rotation.

OP: Let's not forget Restoration Shamans were the ones getting most healing abilities (and perhaps the coolest?). :]

Yeah. It is only the first pass. There are a lot of things subject to change. If you notice, shamans have pretty much no "NYI" talents, unlike the other trees. Spirit Link will get there. eventually. |: