A must have Paladin Tank Macro!

this is something i tought about for long long time and didnt know if possible to execute but after testing it last night it works well, really well.

so it goes like this :

#showtooltip Divine Shield
    /cast Divine Shield
    /stopcasting
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cast Hand of Reckoning

point of the macro is for bosses like Festergut (the 9th debuff and the other tank is dead or just slacking)
    it bubbles you and taunts and then cancels the bubble.

little warning : SPAM IT , other wise it WILL NOT cancel the bubble and this can end up funny

Re: A must have Paladin Tank Macro!

I use that without the taunt seeing as it's off the GCD and you'll taunt before you remove your bubble :P
    Not that bad but you don't always want to taunt (I use the same macro for ret to get rid of stuff like boiling blood on heroic saurfang).

If you absolutely can´t manage a second keybind for the bubble-macro to hit at the same time as you taunt, you should atleast taunt (HoR)
    and then bubble>clearbubble quickly to minimise the casualties within the melee-group.
    Don´t bubble then taunt, bad luck with the swingtime from the boss will kill a melee unless a caster is 20% above any melee in threat.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what the reason for the "/stopcasting" part of the macro is, considering all of our spells(or at least the ones that tanks use) are instant.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted
    the /stopcasting and the /cast hand of reckoning part of the macro is not needed in this macro /stopcasting pretty much does nothing and as for the hand of reckoning you do not always want to use it and the times you may want to you can aswell just click the key were you alredy have HoR bound.
    other than that it looks exactly like a macro i have been using since BC both for tanking and for retri.

I might be a bit off here.... but I think that this macro shouldn't even work in practice. You put Divine Shield up as the first line, meaning that if that's on cooldown the entire macro will stop.

Personally I have a cancelaura macro keybound to my 5th mouse button, it cancels DI, HoP, DS, HoS, and when soloing old content it also cancels divine plea so I can heal. In order to drop debuffs I just taunt, bubble, and press the macro.

Also, a pointer to every prot paladin in voa 25: use the flask bubble trick after 3 or 4 stacks (depending on raid dps) of whiteout, it's basicly a permanent shield wall.
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    I'm not sure what the reason for the "/stopcasting" part of the macro is, considering all of our spells(or at least the ones that tanks use) are instant.
    When you have many spells (and/or trinkets or whatever) in a macro they might not cast with a single keypress without a /stopcasting in the middle.