Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    On almost every fight so far rejuv spamming will give you the best healing output. Progressing through hardmodes every top guild put their druids on blanketing the raid since that's what we are best at. Yes, we may use regrowth and nourish in certain fights in 25 a few times. Yes, maybe on a few fights we will throw a LB. But in general, we rejuv/wg spam. Regrowth, LB, HT, and nourish should not be used much in 25s. Holy pallys should be spamming the tanks, druids blanketing the raid, priests and shamans in between. This leads to horrible, typical gameplay. If you are using other spells as much as you are using rejuvs and wgs, in 25 mans, as a majority, you are just hurting yourself.

They haven't changed anything because they couldn't. They would have to rebalance all the healing classes, redo stats, and pretty much change everything. This is exactly why they are doing it for a new expac. Instead they changed fight mechanics to play off the healer niches and it worked. They don't want to do that in Cata, esp when they are pushing 10 player guilds and you won't be having one of each class anymore.

In BC all we did in BT+ was fully hot the tanks and regrowth spam the raid. If you did that in Wrath you would have failed. They nurfed regrowth, nurfed LB, and buffed everything else. This is the exact same thing they are doing for Cata.

If you think they didn't change druids or any other classes healing style before Cata because they wanted something new for Cata you need to take the tinfoil hat off. The only reason they aren't giving druids more spells in Cata is because we have so many useless ones they could just fix them or change their name, say they deleted them, and give us what they were going to be anyway.

We aren't getting just one more spell. We are the only class getting the majority of our spells redone and majorly relooked at. Tbh, looking at what the other healers are getting I'm excited to play resto in Cata, just as I was excited to play resto in Wrath when everyone was QQing about the nurfs. In Vanilla people cried about the changes for BC, and we were fine. In BC people cried over the changes for Wrath, and we were fine. For every patch in between that there was a druid change, people cried, and we were fine. Everyone needs to understand, these people have been making games for a long long time. They are not going to purposely screw one class over and make them useless. Yes, there are times were changes suck, then they fix them. People need to stop qqing over nothing, if you really dislike a class so much, don't play it.

If you want to just be a hot healer, well, you are shit out of luck. There will be no more "hot healers" anymore. Good players evolve with their class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could actually see something like this http://www.wowtal.com/#k=QsP2gD67AeEyJ.9dw.druid for a raid healing spec, specializing in hotting people up with lifebloom and hitting them with nourishes to refresh lb/touch up damage, considering it might be a 1 sec cast now. Then you have living seed, reducing cd on swiftmend, mana from lb crits, but idk just an idea. Maybe for some fights,
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    I heard someone mention that it will kill resto in pvp.. are you actually out of your mind? The spec is becoming an offensive battleship, 1 interrupt, 1 silence, massive buffs to offensive dmg and finally a non dependency on a form. ToL will become an offensive cooldown as well as a defensive one which is just awesome thank you very much
    You misread.. i said this is a PvP nerf.. i didn't say i liked/disliked it, i just mentioned the situation where it is a huge nerf. Perfect example is WSG flag carrying.. if you have your shape shift macro up you can run and never get CC'd or blow your trink once if you need to but now this change will make that impossible.. you will have to rely on your CC and hots and if you change form slow down (in which case if you're being gang raped it probably won't do much good). People *HATE* druids that can SS form and run flag on opposing teams because they're slippery like butter especially if you pot up as well.. shape shifting out of roots is a defensive position.. running flags is all about getting away not standing there trying to cast a 1 sec gcd

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't read if its been posted yet but i remember reading somewhere (i think on a blue) that one of the effects ToL is going to have on your spells, is make Regrowth instant cast. Rememeber it reading something like "Regrowth now does what in ToL? Instant Cast?" or similar words... and Regrowth is a pretty nice healing spell, good for an OH SH!T situation and get high haste value, Regrowth all tanks (if this is even how it plays out, noone knows nor am i claiming this will be how it is, just saying what i remember reading)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Orumis View Post
    I could actually see something like this http://www.wowtal.com/#k=QsP2gD67AeEyJ.9dw.druid for a raid healing spec, specializing in hotting people up with lifebloom and hitting them with nourishes to refresh lb/touch up damage, considering it might be a 1 sec cast now. Then you have living seed, reducing cd on swiftmend, mana from lb crits, but idk just an idea. Maybe for some fights,
    A raid healing spec without Efflorescence? Doubtful

I'm not sure I've seen a single fight where I was forced to move 100% of the time or I will die and/or wipe the raid. Yes many raid fights require movement, but once we learn the new fights in Cata I'm certain that we will be able to find a way to time our ToL to give the most benefit without endangering ourselves or the raid.

The fact is, we haven't seen any information on any of the raids in Cata. There could be times where we stand still for a full minute before we have to go run around like a chicken with its head cut off. Would I prefer that we don't get the 50% movement reduction? Absolutely. Am I a good enough player that I can find a time to optimize its use even with a 50% movement speed reduction? Absolutely. Are you?

Adding the 50% movment reduction to the ToL makes it more of a situational CD rather then using it everytime its off cooldown. you have to use it at times when u can afford to stand still for a bit, u can still move out of smaller things and keep healing with instant casts, but its all about knowing when to use it. I personally like it having the movement reduction it adds a element of thinking about your CD's rather then just a "DUR its off Cooldown must use now"

Quote Originally Posted by Noobsola View Post
    Adding the 50% movment reduction to the ToL makes it more of a situational CD rather then using it everytime its off cooldown. you have to use it at times when u can afford to stand still for a bit, u can still move out of smaller things and keep healing with instant casts, but its all about knowing when to use it. I personally like it having the movement reduction it adds a element of thinking about your CD's rather then just a "DUR its off Cooldown must use now"
    Exactly, all this whining about movement speed reduction is just stupid... and honestly you can already use this in most of the current fights. Yes, in BC we had a 20% movement reduction in tree and they removed it because of PvE, one reason being that it wasn't fair that we had to be slowed to be competitive. With ToL being a cooldown, you have a CHOICE of how to use it and when to use it, without it being required just so Druids can be competitive healers. Ok, so it lasts 45 seconds, what happens if a fire spawns under me while it's up!? Well, your Regrowth is instant, your LB automatically goes to 2 stacks, etc., so just heal yourself? Wait, what if it's something that 1 shots you or grows like Defile!? Well, it will more than likely be on a timer and you can plan accordingly, if you have to, you will most likely be able to click it off.

Some good examples of when to use this in Wotlk content:
    XT (Ulduar) - Tantrum (lots of AoE damage, nothing to move from)
    Festergut - a little before the explosion, you should still have time to get out of the Goo assuming you aren't standing right under Putricide.
    Saurfang - Whenever... no movement required, but most likely when more marks are out.
    Dreamwalker - the last few percent when things can start to get intense (assuming your raid healing and not in the portals)
    Marrowgar - During bonestorm, he's bouncing around anyway and you will still have plenty of time to get out of fire since it's obvious that it's moving toward you.
    Loot ship - You have plenty of time to move out of the rockets, although idk why you'd need extra healing on this fight.
    Blood Queen - after the fear when you have gotten to a safe spot, but you probably wouldn't keep it for its entire duration unless you are lucky enough to not get the beam/fire on you.
    Rotface - You generally aren't moving that much on this fight anyway, so you could use it pretty much whenever.

Yes, you may have to click it off early, you might not... it will probably be similar to how shadow priests use Disperse. They pop it for when its needed then /cancelaura it.

Also, someone mentioned that WG's cooldown will be lowered while in ToL, is this posted somewhere? because I've heard two different versions, CD lowered, and instant heal instead of a hot.

Well when i played resto drood in vanilla we had -20% movement speed but -50% its way too much, think -50% movement speed in arena :O

Quote Originally Posted by Balansform View Post
    Well when i played resto drood in vanilla we had -20% movement speed but -50% its way too much, think -50% movement speed in arena :O
    agreed.. 50% is a bit much for pvp.. may as well snare yourself

I'll try to think of good situations to use ToL-cooldown on most Wrath-encounters. I'll skip Naxxramas, though. If the idea is specific to hardmode, I'm pointing that out. I'll also suggest workarounds if the speed reduction might cause trouble.

Twilight Zone: Depends on tactics used. If I recall correctly, the strategy my guild used had Vesperon and Shadron up in the same time. When Vesperon is active, the raid takes damage from twilight torment. That is also the time when Sartharion's breath hits the most. You can position yourself so that flame wall coming from one side doesn't require any movement and if it's coming from the other, you have well over ten seconds to move. Shadow fissures are harder to dodge, though, and require better reaction time than otherwise.
    Malygos: Unless something unexpected happens (such as Malygos gaining the spark), DPS-increase for phase2 transition.
    Ignis the Furnace Master: When molten construct is active or if situation looks bad (such as one of the healers getting silenced by flame jets)
    Razorscale: Either used as DPS-cooldown while she is grounded, or when she lands. Possible to use on last ground-phase so that you use it for both purposes.
    Heartbreaker: As a DPS-cooldown to kill the heart in case the raid lacks DPS, used during Tympanic Tantrum, or if there's multiple life sparks active
    I Choose You: Steelbreaker: After Brundir and Molgreim are dead, duh
    Kologarn: If a healer gets gripped, when rubble earth spawns
    Auriaya: The pull. If a sentry gets loose and attacks you, you might even survive with the increased armor.
    Hodir: Frozen Blows after flash freeze. If you fail to move away from Icicle, the increased healing power easily makes up from that. By timing it after flash freeze, you don't have to worry about running to snow.
    Thorim: The end of the encounter (damage ramps up over time). If you start the fight in tunnel, that might also be a good time to use it, seeing the cooldown should finish by the time you need it again. You might need to shift out on lightning charge.
    Knock Knock Knock on the Wood: If a healer gets silenced by Ground Tremor, when detonating lashers start exploding spawn, the end of the encounter. In the last case you might have trouble if you move individually rather than everyone stacking at one spot and then all moving when bombs appear.
    Firefighter: Phase2, especially if the group of players you are assigned to heal (I believe assigning groups to heal was a common strategy before nerfs) is targetted by rapid burst multiple times in row. If you are still shapeshifted when VX-001 casts Spinning Up, you might want to shift out from tree in case the barrage comes from a bad position. Same goes to frost bomb in case it lands near you and fire prevents you from using a straight route away. The cooldown should finish by phase3, in which I'd use it again if a healer dies, is out of range from tanks or such. The same thing than before applies to laser barrage and frost bombs, though, and you might need to shift out.
    I Love the Smell of Saronite in the Morning: Shortly after Animus spawns (so that ToL lasts until it dies).
    Yogg-Saron: Phase1 if someone decides to spawn a lot of guardians. Otherwise Phase2 to help DPSing the tentacles, unless you can get to phase3 so fast that the cooldown doesn't finish. In case of Alone in the Darkness, you could either save it till the last moments of the fight or if Immortal Guardians happen to get healed.
    Algalon the Observer: Used on demand if healers have to move from cosmic smash (I've had so many wipes on him because tank-healers moved and didn't announce it. If other healers don't have to move, you probably don't need to, so speed reduction doesn't matter in that case, either), or in case two stars explode soon after each other. If you have bad luck with positioning of cosmic smash, you might need to shift out. If cooldown is available, phase2.

Beasts of Northrend: The point where there is six stacks of impale. You could also save the cooldown in case of bad managment of bile and poison, or to the point where second worm enrages. If you use ToL during Gormok, it should be up for Icehowl (in which it probably is best used to get extra DPS when Icehowl is stunned).
    Lord Jaraxxus: Probably best saved to unexpected situations such as two mistresses being up. Running away with legion flames shouldn't be an issue even with speed reduction.
    Faction Champions: The beginning of the fight when healing is at its highest. Increased armor also reduces your threat towards melee champions, probably making them leave you alone.
    Twin Val'kyrs: Probably best used during vortex of your own color (when you don't have to switch) when other healers are moving and players are moving past designated soakers and might thus be hit by the orbs (at least my guild used a strategy of having specific players soaking orbs of their color in specified areas on hardmode).
    Anub'arak: Phase3 after the initial moments when everyone's health is still dropping low. Instant regrowth sounds pretty damn nice for healing penetrating cold targets..

Lord Marrowgar: Should be used either when other healers get spiked or during bone storm (during which armor also reduces bone storm damage, doesn't it?)
    Lady Deathwhisper: Phase2. You might want to wait a situation in which a healer gets mind controlled. If DnD appears on top of you or multiple ghosts are chasing you, you probably want to shift out.
    Gunship battle: Very nice if you are doing I'm on a Boat, after Muradin/Saurfang starts getting 20 stacks or so. Otherwise you can use it to... look cool?
    Deathbringer Saurfang: The end of the fight.
    Rotface: Probably best used when other healers have to move (meaning that you probably don't have to at that moment).
    Festergut: After third inhale so that ToL still lasts first moments after Pungent Blight. Dodging malleable goo shouldn't be an issue.
    Professor Putricide: Last moments of phase3. Seeing that Professor is slowly dragged ahead of slimes, the speed at you move at which doesn't matter much. You require faster reactions with malleable goo, but you still should have the time to move away from it. I also believe that in hardmode it is common that DPS-player juggle unbound plague between themselves (at least that's the way I've done it) so that healers don't have to.
    Blood Prince Council: In my limited experience the damage is greatest when Taldaram is active. If you get targetted by empowered flames, you might want to shift depending on circumstances.
    Blood-Queen Lana'thel: On air-phase or used on demand if healers get Pact of the Darkfallen. Judging my limited experience (from 10-man heroic mode) the raid-damage is actually easier to heal after last set of bites due to vampire's self-healing, but in case that's not the case in 25-man, ToL probably should be used here. Swarming Shadows shouldn't be an issue to handle even with speed reduction. If you get pact, you might want to shift out.
    I can't comment Sindragosa or Lich-King because I haven't done those encounters.

Yes, a lot of those are quite obvious, and on many occasions you might disagree with me. Still, I could think of a good spot to use ToL-cooldown on every Wrath of the Lich King -raid (excluding Naxxramas and the bosses in ICC I haven't done) without much thought put in it. I think that tells quite a lot about about its usefulness: certainly not "waste of talent points" like some seem to claim. Also, going through most of the encounters in this expansion, only a few had moments where you should cancel the form in any circumstances. A few require faster reactions, though.
    Last edited by Therastos; 2010-06-15 at 04:08 PM.