Deleted

>> Suggestion - New Forum - Achievements

Hey! I'm not sure if this has been asked in the past.

I for one would love to have a Forum just for Achievements. Because since patch 3.0 they are an important part of the game. I know we can all talk about them in the "General Discussions" Forum, but a new forum just for them would make a lot of things easier. Tips / Guides / Strategy etc.

And there could be stickys with guides for the more difficult Achievements in game. Like "The Exalted", "Loremaster", "The Insane", "Glory of the Hero" or "Mountain o' Mounts".

I love achievements. I am one of those that think they were a great addition to the game. And I remember in the past I was always looking for guides.
    - how to get 100 mounts
    - how to get that pvp achievement
    - how to get exalted with Thorium Brotherhood
    - how to get 75 non-combat pets
    - where should I go to farm for that rare cooking recipe that gets me to 160
    - how do I complete the questline for "The Scepter of the Shifting Sands"

... and many others.

With the upcoming Cataclysm expansion and the introduction of hundreds of new achievements, I think this is a good idea. It would clear up the "General Discussions" forum for sure.

Thanks for your time if you ever read this and I really hope you'll take this into consideration
    Last edited by mmocd047dac95b; 2010-06-12 at 08:11 PM.

Good luck, I don't believe this was one of the well looked on ideas for new forums in the past.

Deleted
    I guess my idea was not very interesting, given that this thread only got 20 views and 1 reply.. oh well, it was worth to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokat View Post
    I guess my idea was not very interesting, given that this thread only got 20 views and 1 reply.. oh well, it was worth to try.
    You don't want to introduce an Achievements forum. If you visist the official World of Warcraft forums, and you check the Achievements section, 80% of it is massess and massess of QQ. "OMG remove achievement X, OMG remove achievement Y, OMG nerf achievement Z".

Although the idea, in theory, would clean up the forums...in practice it would be just another mass QQ thread. After all, I'm quite convinced that the nerf to the Battlemaster achievement (the big PVP meta-achievement) was caused by a 32-page long thread which begged blizzard to nerf it.

If you want help with achievements, and strategies to complete achievements, your best bet is probably wowhead - the comments there are mostly helpful.

I too am an avid achievement hunter (hit the 10k points mark a month ago or so), and also believe they're one of the best things added to this game. But, unfortunately, people ask for them to be nerfed/removed on a daily basis.

Armory:http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...oon&cn=Dalinos
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2010-06-15 at 01:53 PM.