Trouble on fights such as Professor Putricide.

As unholy dps, I've recently been having some problems keeping my dps up in fights where you constantly have to switch targets, such as Deathwhisper or PP. The problem is, when I'm running towards the new target to dps it, a few seconds go by where just my diseases tick, for anywhere from 800 damage to 1.2k damage. This obviously is going to lower my dps, so I was curious if you guys knew a way to work around it.

if it's a really major dps issue, tuskar's vitality i believe is a speed enchant to boots, might use that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Respec frost

So wait... you're saying you'd rather do less damage but more dps, than more damage but less dps?

10+ Year Old Account
    On fights that you need to constantly switch targets, swap out GODD for Glyph of Disease.

You'll lose the "oomph" on your death coils, but you'll have a hell of a lot easier time keeping your diseases up while swapping targets.

Either that, or do the smarter thing, and build yourself a frost spec. Without seeing your gear it's difficult to judge how much work that will be though. Having the ability to easily switch between frost and unholy is a godsend for fights like that.

Quote Originally Posted by antitux View Post
    On fights that you need to constantly switch targets, swap out GODD for Glyph of Disease.

You'll lose the "oomph" on your death coils, but you'll have a hell of a lot easier time keeping your diseases up while swapping targets.

Either that, or do the smarter thing, and build yourself a frost spec. Without seeing your gear it's difficult to judge how much work that will be though. Having the ability to easily switch between frost and unholy is a godsend for fights like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonkeh View Post
    This :P

While this is a good thing to do I wouldn't recommend it. I keep my dps high on PP by using pest to spread my diseases to a 2nd target, then just before it dies hit pest again to spread it back to PP.

Unfortunately, these types of fights is where ranged has the advantage and melee has the disadvantage. Mutilate rogues and ret pallies run into the exact same type of problem too. You just have to accept the fact that you won't be topping the meters.

But keeping your dots rolling on the target, while lowering your dps, is actually a good thing. If you are providing the 13% magic buff, you're increasing rdps for as long as your dots are still ticking. And dps is not important. Overall damage done is important. That extra ~50k damage from your dots rolling could make the difference between a wipe and a kill (ITS POSSIBLE DONT JUDGE ME) Sindragosa P3 comes to mind.

Why not be Frost DPS they are the best LONG LIVE FROST AND BLOOD

enhancement has these problems too

Press in dire situations http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Don't get me wrong but why do you want to change it?
    I mean, this is not just a DK problem or just an Unholy problem, loads of classes have these problems. Almost every class has some kind of debuff they have to put up before reaching full damage.
    On the other hand you have more pro's on fights where there are more targets close together involved and that's where other classes/specs may lack behind.

And on a sidenote, are you killing the bosses in the end? If yes, then you did a good job and all you're looking for now is more e-peen size on the damage meter.

And on the last point, it's all very fight depending, but your damage may go up in cases like putri. When u run to an ooze, IT it while a bit away and time it so when you get in melee range, your gcd is done and you can PS it and then you can continue your normal rotation. Sure you might miss out on a SS doing this, but on the other hand you have now diseases up and running on 2 targets.

Ok one more very final comment: also be sure to know the difference between damage and dps. In 90% of the time I win the damage meter but my dps isn't as high as for example some mages. There is a really big difference between those, and in my opinion, if you actually do care for meters that much, you should care for damage not dps.

Or mabe its just you ?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=4846&e=5288

dks are strong when it comes to fights like putricide, becuse of the dots ur able to quickly refresh the boss and then switch to the add, while still doing alot of dmg to the boss. unlike most classes

and remember, dps doesent kill bosses, dmg does. even tho ur dps goes down when yo switch, becuse of the dot doing dmg on its own for a few secs, you still do more dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyfury View Post
    Unfortunately, these types of fights is where ranged has the advantage and melee has the disadvantage.
    90% of the fights in icc ranged has the advantage, except for like saurfang.

Quote Originally Posted by Andayy View Post
    90% of the fights in icc ranged has the advantage, except for like saurfang.
    I do agree but on the same time I don't.
    Sure there's some movement going on, but that's not just an ICC thing. I've seen this comment being made on like every instance from Karazhan till today.
    Don't forget, casters often have to make the decision of finishing their cast/channel (and maybe take some risk) or play safe and run away in time.
    Having to move is not always a downside.
    Take Rotface, sure you have to move if a big ooze explodes, but you can move along with the boss to wherever the tank is taking him and you can keep doing damage. Casters can't.
    Also, like said before, our diseases tick for some really nice numbers, not all casters (arcane mages being the perfect example) can see dots like that ticking while not being able to do damage on the boss.
    And again, this goes mostly for unholy, but we have some serious advantage over fights with more targets. All we need to do is use Pest once, Wandering Plague is fully passive already. Again something which could be seen as an advantage for us over casters. Most casters would have to switch to a different spell which is mostly channeled. (Volley, Blizzard, Hurricane, Rain of Fire, etc)
    This last thing is not really movement related, but it is to show we also have thing's to counter the pro's ranged sometimes have.

on fights like this you just really need perfect control of your character and awareness of your diseases....

Use AMS right when the green slime is going to explode, you'll get a full BAR of RP and you can unload your RP as you're running back(you should try and be sure to have emptied your RP by the time it explodes too)
    Try to spread your diseases when PP is near the slime or gas cloud and respread them back to PP before they die.....
    Try to angle yourself when the green slimes explodes on you to your next target..
    AVOID CHOKING GAS BOMBS.
    Pop gargoyle at the beginning of the fights when eveyrthing procs...then save it again for heroism if the fight is lasting less than 6 mins.
    other than that its a pretty tough fight for melee no matter what but I can usually be top 3 in dmg on the heroic mode...

We are one of the best classes for Sindragosa since we can AMS out of Blistering Cold and just keep dpsing. We can also keep diseases up on her as we run back and forth killing the tombs in phase 2. AMS gives us a lot of advantages.

To put it simply: Don't worry about it. If you are completing the encounter than it is fine.

If your guild is having trouble with PP because the oozes are not dieing fast enough than there is a problem. Obviously you down Deathwhisper.

What i do for Deathwhisper is. Scourge Strike and Blood Strike on adds, that's it. They die too fast in our guild for me to worry about diseases.

Like others have stated; use Death Coil while running back to the oozes. Get Tuskarr's Vitality for movement, etc.

And if your guild leader is complaining that your dps is low (even though your Overall Damage is high then i would tell him to go **** himself because DPS doesnt really mean much on fights like PP. It is all about killing adds under control, avoiding choking gas...etc) (until second phase)

I would offer more but i gotta go, class has started.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Valgrath View Post
    As unholy dps, I've recently been having some problems keeping my dps up in fights where you constantly have to switch targets, such as Deathwhisper or PP. The problem is, when I'm running towards the new target to dps it, a few seconds go by where just my diseases tick, for anywhere from 800 damage to 1.2k damage. This obviously is going to lower my dps, so I was curious if you guys knew a way to work around it.
    you just complained that you get FREE damage from dots while your switching targets. what you're telling me is that you would rather do less damage with less boss uptime% and have more "DPS" overall than actually doing more damage to the boss?

what game are you playing.