Been waiting a long time for this question

Hey, I was just wondering since we are gonna attempt "Been waiting a long time for this" on Lich King and I couldn't find concrete information if you need to have the stack exactly 30 or if it can go past it. Thanks

Re: Been waiting a long time for this question

A friend of mine attempted it the oter day, he saw the LK stacks go 28, 29 and jump to 31. He then proceeded to kill LK and not get the ach. He also ticketed it, and GM said it needs to be 30

This is all what he said to me. He may be wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Been waiting a long time for this question

It can go up to w/e. Just wasting time though, also I'm not 100% sure but we did it just to be safe, our OT assumed that it wasn't the LK buff that needed to be 30, but the debuff on the adds. No idea if this is common knowledge or if we were doing it wrong. Anyway cute drakes.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

My guild has done this. First, we made the mistake of thinking we had to watch the stacks on the boss. This was wrong. The stacks you need to look at are the ones on the adds, caused by the disease that you cleanse from players. It CAN go above 30 and you'll still get the achievement, but I suggest not killing the boss unless someone positively sees "30" on an add themselves.

My guild had this problem before. You need the plague to land ON 30, but it is free to go higher, just as long as the stacks actually hit 30, not 29 then skip to 31.

What you should do is dispel the first plague AWAY from the raid and the adds, causing it to disappear. You then have the second plague run into the adds, and just wait for that to bounce through 30 adds. Any plagues after that just need to be dispelled AWAY from the raid and adds. The stacks on the LK don't signify the plague stacks, so you need to have someone watching the stacks of the plague. The plague stack only increases when it itself kills a mob, not when it is on a mob and the mob is killed by a player. The stacks will grow slowly at first, because the damage done by the plague isn't very high. However, as the fight goes on and the plague continues to kill mobs, the damage it does grows, and it will eventually be one shotting all the mobs.

Note: You generally burn the boss down to 75%, then completely stop DPS until you hit the 30 plague stacks. You should get 2-3 shamblers, which you can just have the DPS burn down to a low hp % and let the plague finish them off.

As soon as you get 30 stacks, you just knock the boss into the next phase and kill it as normal. You won't need to do the vile spirit achievement for the Meta, but it is always nice to have

Enjoy and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth View Post
    A friend of mine attempted it the oter day, he saw the LK stacks go 28, 29 and jump to 31. He then proceeded to kill LK and not get the ach. He also ticketed it, and GM said it needs to be 30

This is all what he said to me. He may be wrong though.
    That's because he watched the wrong debuff. You shouldnt monitor LK's buffs. You need to check the PLAGUE stacks. I requires to sucessfully dispell every plague on the adds, your offtank needs to grab as much ghouls / horrors as possible, and you need to wait the plague up to 30 and more. We managed to do it with the plague stacking up to 30, 31 and 34.

GL !

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Anyone else read this as "Been waiting a long time to ask this question"?
    Ha, yes, and was a little intrigued. But as others have pointed out, as long as someone in the raid actually sees a 30 stack on an add (and doesn't get antsy...you'd be surprised at how uppity people get during this achievement, lol), just put him into the next phase and kill him normally. Bada-bing -- achievement! Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    You won't need to do the vile spirit achievement for the Meta, but it is always nice to have
    I apologize for going off-topic here but can someone confirm whether you need Neck Deep in Vile for 25-man meta or not? I know you don't need it for 10-man meta, but what about 25?

Quote Originally Posted by ekhie View Post
    I apologize for going off-topic here but can someone confirm whether you need Neck Deep in Vile for 25-man meta or not? I know you don't need it for 10-man meta, but what about 25?
    You do.

You need to have a plague that has stacked to 30 tick once on any of the adds.