Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question BM Hunter <<< Need Help

Ok guys i've been BM all LK, and I honestly think I know everything to BM but im not 100% sure anymore

Basically what happened was I went with a BM hunter SLIGHTLY less geared than me, and he pull 1k more dps ( I did 9.5k he did 10.5k In ICC )
    My Spec Is listed as such in my armory ( I USE A DEVILSAUR IN RAIDS ) atm its a Spirit Beast for pvp.

My Rotation is: Serp > Aim > Arcane > Steady ( Arcane usually is forgotten, mainly used when I move around )

Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ul&cn=Inccrits
    Please no "Your BM, thats not a real spec" I hear that enough in raids.

Aspects I need help with:

Currently I am thinking about swapping out some AP gems for ArP considering the minor contributions to the pet.
    Some crit gems in place were the yellow slots are.
    What is a considerable amount of haste (dont say none)
    What is the best Spec ?
    What is the BEST pet and spec ?
    How should my rotation look?

Tyvm guys <3 help me achieve my A-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe max your professions, that would increase your dps a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see this ending well for you...

Still, here's a bump to help you find what you're looking for, i personally ain't touching this one...
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Deleted
    Sorry for trolling but these statements don't make sense:

Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally View Post
    Please no "Your BM, thats not a real spec" I hear that enough in raids.
    with
    What is the best Spec ?
    And also how can you put out 9.5k dps and not know a rotation?

Again, sorry for being completly off topic. I hope you get your answers.

Cause im not quite sure if my rotation is top.

BM is bad this xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause im not quite sure if my rotation is top.
    Of course it's not best, if you want the best, you'd spec MM, or even surv.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems most logical to pull the hunter that out dpsed you in the armory and LOOK at the differences in stats/gems/enchants/talents.

it seems you are assuming his gear is absolutely identical to yours.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

I can solve all your questions in one word.

Bam.

Honestly? Most of the tweaks you're asking about can be found using Femaledwarf.com. That will let you know if a socket bonus is worth it or not to gem something yellow. Also, gem/enchant your cloak, derp.

Devilsaur is still the best pet for DPS, even though it gets obnoxiously huge with BW. Femaledwarf will also allow you to work out the ideal rotation for max dps. You've got 599 ArP, so you should try and get NES as well. Eventually, when you're over 900 ArP or so as BM, even BM wants to just gem straight ArP instead of anything else. ArP is the whole reason MM is such a powerful spec, but if you insist on being BM, hey, there's your advice.

BM doesn't need any haste at all. Steady shot should be under 1.5 seconds from your talents, so any more haste is wasted. Gemming ArP as BM is bad, straight AP gives the best contribution to the pet.

Forgetting to use arcane shot and just spamming steady is probably where you are losing dps. Without considerable arp, arcane out damages steady.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your rotation is wrong. At your level of gear, arcane shot sucks, you need to drop it from your rotation/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Your rotation is wrong. At your level of gear, arcane shot sucks, you need to drop it from your rotation/spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Forgetting to use arcane shot and just spamming steady is probably where you are losing dps. Without considerable arp, arcane out damages steady.
    Cut it out guys, you're going to make his head explode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always been into the idea of pink mist, if we keep it up, I might be able to witness it. sweet!

I have always been into the idea of pink mist, if we keep it up, I might be able to witness it. sweet!
    Okay, hold on. I'll get the video camera and you lay another logical fallacy on him.

The closest you'll get is when I melt someone's face for trolling here.

To that point, a thread about BM is not in your best interest here, people aren't going to give you real answers since none of them raid BM anymore. We have one DPS spec, and that is MM. Blizzard is happy with us having 7/57/7 and nothing else to work with, even though they're trying to make the other three pures have all three trees viable, whatever.

The best you can do as BM is go for the 1400 ArP cap, just like an MM hunter. There's a point, fmd can tell you, where steady shot beats out arcane and you should stop using arcane unless moving. To that end, you should never use serpent sting either except to give your steady shots 10% damage through the steady shot glyph. Multi-shot will still hit harder, so your priority becomes MS on cooldown, spam SS, keep up SrS if you're spamming SS. I believe it is also worth clipping the end of a serpent sting rather than to fire off a steady shot after the DoT drops.

Your use of bestial wrath will change your DPS dramatically. If you can time it with heroism/procs of your two pieces, you will do much better, though a lot of that is luck. Making sure you don't waste the uptime of buffs and minimizing movement for steady shots becomes especially important as BM, since your damage is already lower than MM.

Calm yourself, Icey. Blizzard is pretty aware that ArP is too powerful as a stat, that's why it's going away in Cataclysm. The alternative would be to completely change the types of damage that MM would do, which would be a needlessly dramatic change to a class that's about to get dramatically changed in Cataclysm. ArP is the whole reason MM is so powerful, because it scales with every single shot that it has. Survival is still quite a bit more powerful while gearing up, however, and while gemming agility, both Survival and MM are fairly competitive in damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Calm yourself, Icey.
    Blizzard's lack of effort in fixing our class has frustrated me, when I see constant updates on every other pure class and trying to balance the DPS between their trees. Yet we get "We think BM is fine as a levelling tree" and "we like SV where it is now." Add that to the fact that MM isn't even that great of a DPS spec, as you said, the only reason we aren't fighting hybrids for DPS is because ArP is so good, and we have a pretty crappy class this expansion. I've only been playing my hunter to do 25 mans lately because of how stagnant our class has gotten. Looking forward to the beta, at least.

TY all, im currently buying 14 ArP gems to slot in.
    Fixed spec to what Icey has on the BM post
    Tweeked devilsaurs spec
    Got glyph of the hawk. (which im amazed i didnt get earlier)

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, why are you still raiding as BM?

No matter how much you might enjoy the spec, it basically neuters your dps.