Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseo View Post
    @Iyona
    "The awesomeness you see comes from the glyph, not from the talent."
    I'll try a respec with impale while keeping the glyph, without touching deep wounds which I think absolutely sucks as a tank. I'm not sure it will be an increase overall but I'd rather try it than dismissing the argument and opportunity of improvement. I will miss imp demo shout though!
    Why leave DW? It's like 5-10% extra tps, depending on what you tank. DW alone is a higher/better tps increase than Imp. Cleave. And no, you won't really miss Imp. Dem. Shout because all (?) other classes already have it. Paladins even apply it passively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    I was talking about prot/ret before 3.0, you?
    Pre 3.0 I tanked Illidan fine every guild run each week, and tanked alot of Sunwell aswell, I also end up within top 5 DPS on Bruttalus more than once, so really, what are you talking about ?

If all the paladins in TBC were told to/chose to heal, doesn't mean the class was broken, just them/their guilds.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griefel View Post
    Pre 3.0 I tanked Illidan fine every guild run each week, and tanked alot of Sunwell aswell, I also end up within top 5 DPS on Bruttalus more than once, so really, what are you talking about ?

If all the paladins in TBC were told to/chose to heal, doesn't mean the class was broken, just them/their guilds.
    I give up, you obviously didn't play at a level where shit like this mattered, and no that's not an insult. Personally I kinda wish I didn't, but I did, and you didn't use protection paladins for anything but 3 bosses in SWP (Felmyst, M'uru, Kil'jaeden) and they weren't even needed for that, just made it "QQ CLUB EASY" or whatever crap you kept repeating.

Ret was useful because of Judgements, their personal DPS was behind that of an arms warrior which wasn't exactly a chart topper.

Your guild obviously didn't care to lose out on that little extra, but many guilds did, and in those guilds most paladins were told to shut up and heal.

Note that you could use prot paladins for damn near anything, they infact got pretty viable at the SWP patch, but warriors and druids had the lead still.

But I suppose you weren't there for 2.2, for example? Fact; They were underpowered at the time, the developers of this game have themselfs admitted they couldn't balance the two specs during BC.

My point is; Warrior tanking is not hard, you spam thunderclap every 6seconds while keeping cleave queue'd. You tab around and use the other GCD abilities while waiting for TC to cool off, how is that any level of hard? All I am saying is that purely based on threat modifiers and numbers, the other 3 classes outscale us on AOE threat.

oki

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

10+ Year Old Account
    If I really want to destroy heroics, I go with a prot spec including deep wounds, 3/3 armored to the teeth, 2/5 cruelty and a full 5/5 shield specialization for gratuitous rage generation.

Usually this comes at the cost of dropping out at least Imp. Disciplines, but that doesn't really matter in 5-mans. I couple that spec with a specific gear set, which keeps me at 535-540 defense, has 20%-ish crit, and 30-40% armor pen (boosted by HC DBW.)

Does anything between 7,5-9k DPS on packs of 2 mobs, and 8-14k on packs of 3+ mobs. Glyphs for that one are Cleaving, Devastate and either Shockwave, Blocking or Vigilance.
    Enables me to usually control 35-50% of a groups damage output, too, when coupled with a chain-charging, aggressive playstyle.

Bursts about 30-60k threat on packs of 4+ in less than 8 seconds.

Video of me tanking HC: HoR with this spec, but in full Prot gear plus Heroic DBW and with only the Cleaving and Devastate glyphs from "DPS" set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lzBXih35bI
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2010-06-22 at 09:14 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>