Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

This is new and interesting and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus View Post
    don't blame the addon, blame the retards who ask for 5k gs for ToC
    yeah, i mean its not the add-ons fault, its just an easy way of checking how progressed in raid someone is, and if you can't deal with it, join a guild

Apparently he either doesn't want to join a guild or he's not capable of doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no return (without blizzard taking actions) its atm almost the addon that almost everybody has.(purely for the fact that almost every ... rl when spamming in /2 ask for gs (not even always anymore for the achies -_- )

Deleted
    I'm proud to say that I've never joined a raid asking for GS. Inspection >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LOL EXTREMELY HIGH GS REQ

I have always made my raids by inspecting people and some raids I don't even check gear as most raids can be done with only a few epic items. People are getting too lazy. They don't have the time to actually see if people are gemming/gearing/enchanting correctly and only want players who outgear the raids by far. I really hope blizzard removes the addon and adds a IQ test that you need to pass in order to make a raid, because you have to be a retarded noob if you expect everyone to have full ICC25 man gear to join a pug. With the addon every undergeared retard can just ask for 6k GS and get away with it.

How it should be:

LFM to ICC 25 man! Currently need x healers/tanks/DPS (y pref.) Either achievement or knowing the tactic required, please come to dalaran north bank for inspection

/dnd If you do not know the tactic make sure you visit tankspot.com/bosstactic...

How it is right now:

LFM ICC 25!! 6k GS OR GTFO N00B

/dnd Master sword reserved

Something needs to be done.

I pug 25 icc pugs were you need UNDER 4500 gs to join, we killed festergut this week ;o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehippo View Post
    I pug 25 icc pugs were you need UNDER 4500 gs to join, we killed festergut this week ;o
    I didn't know heaven existed, your server sounds awesome :O Where I play everyone is asking for insane amounts of GS and don't care about anything else (One of my friends recently got into a ICC raid without any gems/enchants and still using his leveling spec, but because he had the right amount of GS he got invited) It's funny that blizzard actually made a april fools joke about GS and people still didn't get how pathetic the addon really is. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Praiseworthy View Post
    seriously? impossible? is that what you think? you see, there is these cool things called heroics. from heroics, you get these things called emblems of triumph, conquest, valor, and heroism. and every day, u can do whats called a random heroic, and this will reward you with 2 emblems of frost. these emblems of frost will buy you gear of ilvl 251, and even 264.

how many ways can u get frost emblems? let us count them:
    1- voa 10
    2- voa 25
    3- icc 10
    4- icc 25
    5- heroic icc 10
    6- heroic icc 25
    7- daily heroics
    8- icc 5man questline
    9- raid weekly
    10- icc raid weekly
    AND, SOON;
    11- rs 10
    12- rs 25
    13- heroic rs 10
    14- heroic rs 25

ok, so now, lets count up how many emblems you can get every week total:
    2+2+36+36+36+36+(2*7)+5+5+4+4+4+4=188
    then
    188+ the icc 5man questline, which is another 6, thats 194 ur first week

now, considering u cant really do icc normal and heroic both every week, minus 36*2, which equals 72

188-72=116

now, u wont be able to do rs normal and rs heroic every week too, so subtract 4*2, which equals 8

116-8=108

so total, you can get 108 emblems of frost every week total

the most expensive piece of frost emblems gear will be 95 emblems of frost, i think, i may be wrong though.

but either way, none of em cost over 100 emblems of frost by themself

so every week, you COULD get a kickass new piece of gear every week.

ok, so thats just frost emblems right there, now, there is also, what we call ICC, and from this ICC, we get "epik lewtz"

the top gearscore i have ever seen was 6459 on a prot pally

this prot pally did not have the achievement for ToC 25

yes, i just ruined ur logic

and if my calculatuions were off by a bit, please correct me without flaming ur pants off..........
    You sir, have just lost 99 internets. If I bothered to correct you, I would have to just vaguely point out you CANT get a new piece of 251 gear PER week. Your logic is HIGHLY flawed. Please leave these forums to the big boys.

Edit: Just to quickly correct you-- 2 frost emblems for the random per day, and 5 for the weekly, then 4 total from vault. That is a GRAND TOTAL OF 23 EMBLEMS PER WEEK. Please go back to gradeschool.(Of course without being able to do ICC)
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2010-06-13 at 03:07 AM.

Show me a real pro raiding guild that asks you for your Gearscore in an application.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so out of control that soon it's going to rise up and rape our churches and burn our women!!!

Wait, what?

It's an addon that serves its purpose, it's morons that make it "out of control"

Quote Originally Posted by ragefury View Post
    Join a guild problem solved =)
    Exactly. No one needs gearscore, just join a guild.

Should be titled "stupid people with gear score addon out of control".

"Stupid people out of control" would be just as accurate on second thought.
    God; I hate you people.

Oh yea i forgot theres only 1532537527357238 threads about GS

WE KNOW GS SUCKS QUIT QQing!

Quote Originally Posted by kandrewfelson View Post
    So why are they in toc 25 if there not looking for gear.... triumph badges? >.>
    good point! but there are a few trinkets that, like the greatness card, are useful well out of their prime. death's verdict to name one.

yes they should've let you in. the gearscore thing completely counteracts what blizzard is doing

before people would let you into X instance with Y gearscore

blizzard makes gear of X instance acquirable from heroics, so they bump up the gearscore to not be possible to get with just heroics.

repeat until the process of gearing is the exact same as it was before: tier after tier, SLOWLY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I once agreed. I too once fought the Gear Score. I made groups to defy the Gear Score. I invited people based on the forgotten ideals... trust, faith.
    But then I fell and failed over and over. Being destroyed by the giants within the Vault and was smitten into the servitude of the Gear Score gods I once defied. I now see there is but one truth.... Gear Score > All.

Personally, if anyone is advertising in trade for such and such a gearscore, I don't even bother to ask them to join their raid. There are better addons that track what raids people have actually completed. If you grind heroics for enough days you can get a rather high gearscore, without any experience of working in a real raid.

Gear Score is ruining this game. It makes legitimate pugs impossible to run without a raid leader who is very familiar with many of the toons he/she is inviting.

(in before girls don't play wow)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    You sir, have just lost 99 internets. If I bothered to correct you, I would have to just vaguely point out you CANT get a new piece of 251 gear PER week. Your logic is HIGHLY flawed. Please leave these forums to the big boys.

Edit: Just to quickly correct you-- 2 frost emblems for the random per day, and 5 for the weekly, then 4 total from vault. That is a GRAND TOTAL OF 23 EMBLEMS PER WEEK. Please go back to gradeschool.(Of course without being able to do ICC)
    Both idiots as you have not pointed out that you can't do both ICC 10/25 bosses in normal and heroic in one week.

10+ Year Old Account
    gs is -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjpkJNpSv5U
    but no seriously i fucking hate gs

New record on my server tonight: 5.4K+ gs for Ulduar 10.