Worried about alts...

I have a few alts all of them above lvl 58 and I am a little reluctant to continue on playing them because I am afraid I will end up liking them more than my main and all the cheevos mounts and pets I have whored over the years will all go down the drain.

Does anyone else feel like this or know how to get rid of this feeling? Anyone have any tips?
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance - The 6 P's

10+ Year Old Account
    There is probably a way to get rid of this feeling cause you got it from liking your new alts more then your main.

I think you should do something you like on your main and stop playing your alts for a while.

Does anyone else feel like this
    Got 2 alts but i got bored when they dinged 80 so never had this problem.

This is really what keeps me from committing to an Alt, even though I really need to get a new main.

IMO, Blizz should just make all Mounts, Pets, Achievements, Titles, and (Possibly) Reputations Realm-wide. It really makes more sense IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Wow, what?
    You made this account just to post this. Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Thorzon View Post
    This is really what keeps me from committing to an Alt, even though I really need to get a new main.
    Then it wouldnt be an alt would it?

IMO, Blizz should just make all Mounts, Pets, Achievements, Titles, and (Possibly) Reputations Realm-wide. It really makes more sense IMO.
    I agree

You shouldnt have an achievement on say your resto sham alt if you go through ICC as a rogue. Just because you can DPS good doesnt mean your a good healer. For example.

And to the mounts and pets, it would be really cool. Except things like haveing a 310% rusted proto for doing uld hardmodes for example is supossed to be a reward for you kinda "mastering" your class and the instance hardmode for that class, imo. So again, you shouldnt be able to share at least the 310% mounts for the same reason as i mentioned above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadashii View Post
    Does anyone else feel like this or know how to get rid of this feeling? Anyone have any tips?
    Do you know how this sounds? Really? You need tips on how to get rid of a feeling you got while playing wow?

Ok let me try. If you like an alt better than your main, you can get many of the mounts / pets / titles in game in a really short time. Then you'll be able to afk in Dalaran with your alt also. Or your new main.. or w/e

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    You shouldnt have an achievement on say your resto sham alt if you go through ICC as a rogue. Just because you can DPS good doesnt mean your a good healer. For example.
    Makes sense.

Solution: Just put an "Earned by X" tag on the Achievement. That way it shows you've done it before, just not on your current character.

And to the mounts and pets, it would be really cool. Except things like haveing a 310% rusted proto for doing uld hardmodes for example is supossed to be a reward for you kinda "mastering" your class and the instance hardmode for that class, imo. So again, you shouldnt be able to share at least the 310% mounts for the same reason as i mentioned above.
    If you look at it this way, then you really woudn't be able to give most of your mounts to your other characters. In Example: Let's say you spend a month grinding up reputation for a faction to buy all the mounts, but you can't use those mounts on your other characters because you didn't spend all that time grinding up that reputation on your other characters. See where I'm getting at?

If your worried specifically about the 310% speed, I heard that in Cataclysm they are making 310% speed trainable for a high cost, but if you already have a mount that goes 310%, you already have this skill learned. Just make those special mounts go at 280% speed until your alt has learned the new tier of flying, or just make the mount unavailable until you've learned 310% flying.

As you can see, I've given this topic a lot of thought, I just haven't gone out of my way to make a whole thread about it. :\

I've actually rerolled a new main every expansion. Vanilla I was a tauren shaman; then in BC when shamans were moved to alliance I went a draenei shaman; then part way through BC I moved from EU to US and rerolled a draenei tankadin; then for wrath I got sick of the paladins issues with taunts and mana and rerolled a draenei DK; and now with Cata, and I'm planning on switching to a worgen prot warrior.

As much as I hated losing the achievements and such, my first US character (my tanking) is now my character who has all the old stuff, and for every expansion, I level her up solely to get any funny one-of-a-time-things, while my main character is typically always switching.

I actually kind of like the switching, because my bank/bags are always full to the brink at the end of every expansion lol. I don't even really play my tankadin anymore because of the hordes of crap she has on her that I can't bare dropping. I really wish they would make things like Arcanite Ripper BoA, though.

Everyone is getting 310% mount speed in Cata, so this point is soon-to-be-moot

is that significantly different then say, earning the achieve DPS'ing as ele shaman, and then running through for the first time as a resto with greens ? "but i has achieve!!"

The achievement system is nice, but I think its working counter to blizzard's new embrace of altaholism.