Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ok, so you remove all the cool new shit and scrap the new SFK and Dm dungeons. So, wtf am I looking forward to again? I guess Blizzards idea of fun in sitting in Org staring at how awesome it looks until no one cares anymore.

It's incredibly disheartening that you dudes put so much money, time and effort into pointless shit like Remote AH and yet you can't even follow through with the production of one of your games.
    Last edited by Snivena; 2010-06-13 at 04:30 PM.

Path of the Titans
    - Another gearscore like barrier to people entering guilds/pugs with excessive requirements placed on their progression as a minimum entry requirement.
    - A mandatory character progression giving yet something else you "must" do for your guild to be competitive, or even accepted into the raids.

Giving us yet more pointless measures to use to rate people would not be a good idea, so while I miss the personal progression idea it is for the best.

Guild Talents
    - Talents would be selected which benefit one part of the guild more than others, say healers pushing for the mass ressing, while tanks would be pushing for cheaper repairs so turning into a complete farce with any decision by the GM alienating a large portion of the guild.

Having that taken out of the hands of any one person as a decision is a good thing in that respect.

Lockout Hopping
    - Allow moving from non-progressing pugs to get further progressed.

Will mean hundreds of people all saved at the same point with nobody willing to join one halfway through.
    Pug jumping from one to another will remove the need to think before putting one together, instead encouraging wipefests where people simply jump ship to another leaving those undergeared/lesser skilled with no chance to progress.

They feed on your tears. Probably you should stop looking for the obvious stuff and instead of shitstorming your QQ you could look at the neat stuff and be happy. Or quit.

Wow totally disappointed. The things they removed were the main things they advertised for Cataclysm. I don't understand how they couldn't get in gear and complete these, they announced Cataclysm very very early, in the middle of WotLK, they should have had plenty of time.

Oh well, I understand why they did it, because people are expecting Cataclysm to hit this year.

Guild talents gone, meh. Wouldn't be surprised if guild specific recipes and rewards got chopped too.

Archeology is now a cosmetic profession? Interesting, have no idea how that will turn out.

Well I hope they learned from this, don't announce an Expansion that soon and don't advertise Fantastic features at the beginning and then down the road hit the "Oh Sh!t" button and remove them. The only thing chopped from WotLK was "new dances" from what I remember. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now we have to grind more rep, and instead of using Archeology to get new glyphs, we'll have to buy them instead.

I really hope they don't pull this sh!t again.
    "Blizz hates Horde, just look at AV, Racial's, and SW Harbor"

Oh yeah? Horde has a f**king Rock Band...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snivena View Post
    scrap the new SFK and Dm dungeons.
    They did? I swear that said they are releasing it on a patch, not scrapping it.

Quote Originally Posted by JabJack View Post
    Path of the titans thing was confusing any ways! As for the guild talents that's kinda of a bummer
    yeah, when path of the titans was announced, I hated it instantly. Its enough for me to gear up, really dont needed another reason to play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Heroic Deadmines / Shadowfang Keep
    Heroic versions of classic instances might not be ready for the release of Cataclysm and will be shipped in content patch instead.
    In before this becomes Cataclysm's 'New Dances'

15+ Year Old Account
    This is messed up. Sounds like Blizzard went through the backdoor by removing/dumbing down the new Cataclysm features. I was looking forward to guild talents and PotT for a long time.

I have a feeling they're not keeping up with adding all the new features in time. And they'll be expanding on these features post-Cataclysm release.

just add the same stuff Blizz(new races/zones/lvl cap increased),seems you cannot add some fresh air to this game.

i knew they would bring back that model of that naga

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    They did? I swear that said they are releasing it on a patch, not scrapping it.
    Thats what they say first, then when cata have been out for some months they scrap it instead.

also, rated BG's for premades only?.. bullsh!t.

10+ Year Old Account
    While my initial reaction was disappointment at the loss of a couple of neat new features, it makes sense to not include them. Path of the Titans seemed like a cool new way to progress your character at max level, but it seemed kind of confusing. You would basically have to grind out a secondary profession to be competitive, which you don't have to with Fishing, Cooking, or First Aid. They don't want to feel like you have to grind out another profession in order to get the most out of your character. I'll still be having fun with Archaeology because I just feel like I have to experience it all.

I'm not so shocked by the loss of guild talents, either. I could already see the kind of controversy that would arise within guilds as to how to "spec" the guild. There would be too many difficult choices, and could get pretty complicated. I don't think that gaining rep with your guild is going to be another "mindless rep grind". You'll be gaining rep just by doing the things you normally do with your guild. There's no extra things you have to do. I like how it sort of hinders "guild hoppers" who might consider leaving a guild for another just because they have "cooler stuff". You have to actually have service time with the guild in order to partake in its rewards.

All in all, I really am looking forward to the changes coming in Cataclysm. I am skeptical of a few things here and there, but I am confident that Blizzard will release a product that (most) everyone will enjoy and want to experience.

Over 3,000 quests across 5 levels?! Ouch.

So what exactly is there to look forward to the expansion now? Leveling more alts?
    Everything that I was excited about has now been taken away.
    Cool you gave me 2 more races to play but I've lvled from 1-60 like 8 times now and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one tired of lvling.
    How about directing more time towards end game blizz instead of changing the graphics in zones I've alreadyd one a million times

Quote Originally Posted by Adys View Post
    Just like WotLK dances!
    +1 - where the fak are the new dances

15+ Year Old Account
    What is the problem with rated BG's.. Just spam /2 with r request to join.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow.. That's just terrific. Seems like they can't be arsed to keep their promises? I think the whole "PotT"-concept sounded really cool, but noooo... They keep promising too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Over 3,000 quests across 5 levels?! Ouch.
    No. 3000 new quests INCLUDING the new 1-60 quests in the redesigned quest zones in old world.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    How about directing more time towards end game blizz instead of changing the graphics in zones I've alreadyd one a million times
    Yup.. seems this expansion is nothing more than a "content patch". I wonder if it will even justify the price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomiko View Post
    People are only reading the white text...this is disappointing, I would have thought people would read something before commenting...

99% of these posts are complaining about things that are still there, just changed to be automatic. Guild leveling is still there, Archaeology is still there, everything is basically still here. Any customization with PotT? Really? People were just going to do the exact same glyph/whatever set up, and you know it. How is that not "cookie cutter". The best way is always the way people will go. A horrible idea in my mind, why would I want more things to worry about to level before I can do things when I hit max level? It's too much as it is now. I have to get my glyphs/talents/gear (and now guild levels) ready and now I have another whole talent tree and profession to level to raid/battleground? It's too much people, and I'm glad Blizzard realized it.

The new guild leveling system will be so awesome. I'm actually leading a 10-man guild in Cataclysm, and it's all my old Karazhan guild mates. It's awesome that 10/25 man raids share the same loot table now. Now I can raid with my friends without any pressure from some elitist who whispers me "WHY ARE YOU NOT USING SPEED POTIONS ON TRASH LIKE ME?". I'll have fun getting together, doing quests/dungeons/battlegrounds with 9 other people to get my rep for my guild up, and advance the guild level.

If you're canceling your sub because of one baby thing that was scraped then good, go far away, back to Aion or something. There are far many things in Cataclysm that are going to improve the game then some re-worked silly instance or another annoying grind.
    You are quite wrong. Many people did read the entire thing, they realize more or less the core idea of those new things will still be ingame but as part of what current system provides.
    But it does not let them accept the fact it no longer stands out as cool new features/merit for buying new expansion because it feels like a patch upgrade/tweak rather than a new implementation.

I am not doubting Blizzard's decision they will not throw out works they've done just like that unless they are sure it needs to be changed, however I wonder if they have something to make up at the Blizzcon other than announcing new CG intro for the expansion.
    Last edited by Elenion; 2010-06-13 at 05:06 PM.