Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question I think I just chose WoW over my wife.

As the title states. My wife is very solid on the opinion that all video games should be free, because they are for entertainment only and have no place in the real world. We have always disagreed when it comes to me paying for WoW, and just now she told me that either I stopped paying for it or she'd leave, and I told her that I wouldn't make her give up her hobbies, so she left the house and drove off.

What do I do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Fighting over old hobbies/friends is a symptom of some bigger issue in the relationship, and not the real problem. It's totally unreasonable to ask your spouse to give those up without good reason.

Assuming your old hobbies and friends doesn't include things like drugs or prostitutes :P
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Get ready to sleep on the couch

Hope you can go long periods without Ms toolbox, Mr wrench
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

As long as you dont have money problems or spent inordinate amounts of time on wow, there must be something else to it.

Call your wife apoligze and Quit WoW its The love of your life or a video game

OR go on private servers there free
    No beta club.....Yea i dont have a fancy pic of it.

You're married... any kids? do you work? does she work? how much time do you spend on wow? do you get home from work/school and login first or give your wife some time? do you schedule your wife around your wow habit? do you get your "RL" stuff done first before you play? vague question demands vague response. Why anyone would chose wow over their wife is beyond me.. if a lawyer reads this and you get divorced you be screwed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    My wife is very solid on the opinion that all video games should be free, because they are for entertainment only and have no place in the real world.
    Wait, wut?
    Capitalism= pay for entertainment?

Anyway, onto the real problem here, well you could either sit it out for a few days, seeing if she comes back (it could be a rushed decision of her leaving for something like this)

or you could go looking for her and do things more often with her(like going out, or whatever her interests are) but what you shouldn't do is start looking for someone else right away for it can just be some moment of anger and not knowing what to do from her side

to sum it up, I'd say, go look for her or wait for her to return, whatever you think feels best
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2010-06-13 at 01:13 PM.

Just suggest to her to play less and only if it doesn't interfere with the normal day to day life you have with her.
    It's really messed up though if she really leaves you over this .. IMO it's just a regular dispute and we all know that every couple out there has a fight from time to time.
    You can't like EVERYTHING your spouse choses to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    Get ready to sleep on the couch

Hope you can go long periods without Ms toolbox, Mr wrench
    meh a real man sleeps on the bed and force his wife to sleep on the couch....IN THE KITCHEN!

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    meh a real man sleeps on the bed and force his wife to sleep on the couch....IN THE KITCHEN!
    You have a couch in your kitchen?
    On that note, I'm a solid advocate of changing "Slice and Dice" to "Clonk and Bonk" when maces are equipped.

As the title states. My wife is very solid on the opinion that all video games should be free, because they are for entertainment only and have no place in the real world. We have always disagreed when it comes to me paying for WoW, and just now she told me that either I stopped paying for it or she'd leave, and I told her that I wouldn't make her give up her hobbies, so she left the house and drove off.

What do I do now?
    Wow all entertainment should be free? I guess music, movies, theatre, concerts, etc are all out in your family? Lucky there's still sport...but you won't be able to go watch a big game only the small local ones. The big ones obviously aren't entertaining.

15+ Year Old Account
    While marriage does have sacrifices, her trying to control you by giving you an ultimatum isn't what marriage is about. Good riddance.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Vesseblah said it well.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    While marriage does have sacrifices, her trying to control you by giving you an ultimatum isn't what marriage is about. Good riddance.
    Funny you say this.. he basically did this to her as well.. give me wow or gtfo.. marriage is two sided. I'm guessing you're not married.

Bet she has tons of shoes and only 2 feet

What do I do now?
    Those words just describe cable, movies, sports, and everything else that doesn't affect your life directly that is considered entertainment. It seems to be more of either a control issue or a money issue. Something like this can't be used against you without it also being used against her. Sounds like its time to see a marriage counselor.

Quote Originally Posted by Renya View Post
    You have a couch in your kitchen?
    yeah coz whenever the lady gts tired from cooking...she can take a rest on it
    also there is one in the tailoring room...

[banned]
    Last edited by Elementium; 2010-06-13 at 05:33 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now, you stop trolling the forums with stuff that none cares about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    yeah coz whenever the lady gts tired from cooking...she can take a rest on it
    also there is one in the tailoring room...
    Please guys, I understand it's for jokes and fun but could you take that elsewhere? the OP wants some help and you're not realy helping at the moment :S