Thread: Hackers

10+ Year Old Account

Hackers

I've been reading mmo for awhile now, but never bothered to make an account, but today i decided to too see how widespread the problem of hackers are. On friday one of my guildies got hacked, luckily me and someone else were online and managed to report it so they got their account back pretty quick.

SO yeah most of you will be like "so someone got hacked? happens all the time, stop going on dirty websites and don't click on suspicious emails and get an authenticator" but in the last 24 hours, 2 more of my guildmates, both officers were hacked within hours of each other and the gb was cleared twice (the stuff in it being restored after the first officer had been hacked).

So it made me wonder if being hacked was really that common? Guild leader has now got an authenticator, and has demoted all officers to initiate so they cant clear gb again if they get hacked till we all have authenticators of our own

It's weird.

No one in any of my guilds or friends that have played had ever been hacked before...legitimately.

But in the last month, I've had about 10 players I know hacked.

Some of them cleared some guild bank stuff, luckily Blizzard is really good about it and it was promptly returned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being hacked really is that common, however without the intention of insulting anyone, the large majority of the so-called "Hacking" is as you, yourself said, caused by people clicking bad links/opening bad E-mails.

The scammers are gradually becoming better and better, hell even I, who consider myself pretty decent at spotting these scams have come close to getting my computer compromised before.

Authenticators add a good deal of iron-chained locks on your account, but Authenticator "Hacks" already exist (Atleast I know of one), so my only suggestion is to be on your guard. In regards to the guild leadership being hacked so close to eachother is probably a coincidence by the way. Very unlucky however, and I wish you good luck with getting your stuff back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Just when I thought I was done with class changes, they pull me back in!

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah being hacked is pretty much an everyday thing.. One of my guilds officers was hacked a couple days ago and my Gm was hacked in my old guild.

I know a few people who have been hacked, each of them lacked an authenticator. I won't be harsh and say it is there own fault, but there are plenty of methods to keep ones computer and account safe and preferably, they should be done on a weekly basis.