Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    While the Alliance and Horde were focused on defeating the Lich King, Cho'gall began the resurrection of his new master, the Old God C'Thun, monstrously deforming the ogre's body in the process.
    Med'an and the New Council of Tirisfal defeated Cho'gall using Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian, burying him beneath the rubble of Ahn'Qiraj.

I'm not sayign its C'thun, but im proving the point that c'thun IS alive.
    Last edited by EFG; 2010-06-14 at 02:04 AM.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Wheres your proof or documentation for this? Not calling you out i just want to know so i can see it from a different PoV.
    Yeah, of course, I didnt explain so fair enough to call me out :P

So anyways, at first, from talking to a guildie about this (he's a lore nerd) I suggested that C'thun was the optional hard boss. He quickly stated "no". One reason being the pit-looking area in GB is filled with Twilight Eggs, and she was the start of Twilight Drakes or something along those lines, so that kind of suggests that it could be her.
    Also A LOT of speculation on wow forums and here, so reading up on it kinda made me believe that its Lady Sinestra.

Also this
    http://zaver.users.fluxflashor.net/s...310_225000.jpg
    Last edited by Arcangel14; 2010-06-14 at 02:07 AM.

If it isn't C'thun himself, it is likely that this "horrible secret" will be another Old God Cho'gal is trying to resurrect. Perhaps we shall see what happened with a certain dwarf in this raid.

And Blizz already announced that Cho'gall will be a boss in the Grim Batol raid, the optional will be after him

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I havent read the warcraft comic... can someone tell me how the comic has influenced the game experience or lore? Read on wowwiki that Med´an is a half breed... Garona was a half breed, doesnt that make him a tripplebreed? 1/4 orc, 1/4 dreanei and 2/4 human? as Medivh was his father...

I 110% believe it is going to be Lady Sinestra tbh or some form of something that is relating to her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinian View Post
    And Blizz already announced that Cho'gall will be a boss in the Grim Batol raid, the optional will be after him
    Doesnt mean it will be after him, it could very well be like algalon where you never actually have to touch Yogg in order to kill him, but i see your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinian View Post
    You're a quick one, aren't you?

it will be kael'thas sunstrider
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    it will be kael'thas sunstrider
    A Cookie for originality! no wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Doesnt mean it will be after him, it could very well be like algalon where you never actually have to touch Yogg in order to kill him, but i see your point.
    Nah, after you kill Cho'gall on heroic mode the floor crumbles and you fall into a new room (Which is spectulated to be this room here http://zaver.users.fluxflashor.net/s...310_225000.jpg)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcangel14 View Post
    Nah, after you kill Cho'gall on heroic mode the floor crumbles and you fall into a new room (Which is spectulated to be this room here http://zaver.users.fluxflashor.net/s...310_225000.jpg)
    http://snuffleupagush.files.wordpres.../05/random.jpg ?

Id have to say sinestra aswell. I know she's dead but if onyxia and nef are coming back why can't momma?

Must be an idiot, but I don't get it

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the Cho'gal fight will be him transforming as he is corrupted and merged more and more with whats left of C'thun and then the "horrifying secret" is some kind of prison in which the essence of C'thun was trapped in but now with his death and no one left for it to feed on it leaks out something crazy?

idk, just thinking out loud

Well, maybe its gonna be like C'thun's Image or something, where he comes and says "HAHAHA I'M ALIVE! I THINK I'LL SCREW WITH YOU A BIT!" *We fight his image* "ARRRGGHHH, NO MATTER I'LL KILL YOU WHEN MY PATCH IS RELEASED!!!"

It's been keeping you above water since 2004!

Quote Originally Posted by Durenek View Post
    I was under the impression that old gods couldn't die. What with being tied to the wellbeing of the planet and whatnot. We didn't defeat C'thun per se, just his physical manifestation. If we had actually killed him it would have been like dividing by zero and the world would have imploded or something. Like how we didnt actually kill Kil'Jaedan, just an avatar or whatever. So its completely possible that we can face C'thun again.
    I have heard two major theories on this on these forums.

1. The Old Golds have burrowed sooo deeply that they are basically a dead man switch of sorts, that they are basically holding the planet hostage in exchange for their continued existence. In this case, we can never kill an Old God, or else. We can beat them, weaken them, whatever, as long as they continue to live.

2. The Titans couldn't kill the Old Gods because they were more a super laser aimed from a satellite type deal. In order to destroy all traces of the Old Gods, they would have had to blown up sooo much of Azeroth, they risked destroying the planet altogether. In this case, since we are much less powerful, more like a surgical laser, it is possible for us to destroy every trace of the Old Gods without tearing the planet apart in the process.

Now, until such time as we might actually kill an Old God, or Titans return, or something, we can not know.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

We're supposodely dropped into a room full of dragon eggs, the only thing I wanna do is shout out "Leeeeroy jenkins" when I see that picture.

OT though, I'm guessing its a minion of an old god of some sort that explains how deathwing got corrupted because it is a horrific SECRET after all.

Quote Originally Posted by undeadsmarties View Post
    We're supposodely dropped into a room full of dragon eggs, the only thing I wanna do is shout out "Leeeeroy jenkins" when I see that picture.

OT though, I'm guessing its a minion of an old god of some sort that explains how deathwing got corrupted because it is a horrific SECRET after all.
    Your thinking right.
    But that room HIGHLY suggests the optional ultra hard boss to be Lady Sinestra

Your thinking right.
    But that room HIGHLY suggests the optional ultra hard boss to be Lady Sinestra

Its too obvious to be lady sinestra, I'm not 100% sure but didn't she betray deathwing to make the twilight dragons? If so why would he ressurect her?

It could be zombyxia because we know she will be back, but if thats so then it will also be nefarion because of the buff that was datamined before the nda.

Now thinking how would you tank 2 dragons where they get stronger closer together, it does sound like an algalon sort of fight.