Thread: Tier 9 Set

Tier 9 Set

I plan on tanking when I hit 80 so im getting the gear together now so it's ready. What piece of T9 gear was the one to ditch out of the set of 5? Also what was the best replacement for it (Tier 9 level not tier 10)? Any help would be great...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dakeshi View Post
    what spec?
    Well seeing as how I said "i plan on tanking" im gonna go with Prot

Go prot before 80. Practice tanking in normals, then when you hit 80, you can do heroics and feel comfortable without gimping your group.

As for as emblems go, it really doesn't matter whether you choose the helm or shoulders to get for 245. You should plan on not worrying about that. Gear up, stack 30 stam gems in all 232 gear, and you'll do fine.

Deleted
    the 4p sucks really. I should get both head and shoulders (offset 245) imo!
    Last edited by mmoc44d7d9ea9f; 2010-06-14 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuk View Post
    the 4p sucks really. I should bet both head and shoulders (offset 245) imo!
    Yes, and get the 245 chest too while you're at it (its BOE)

4pc bonus doesn't suck at all. But yet, 245 gear is easily crafted. Start with bracers.

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    Go prot before 80. Practice tanking in normals, then when you hit 80, you can do heroics and feel comfortable without gimping your group.
    I already am Prot it's what I leveled as and did BC normals and heroics with so yeah im use to it. Anyway thanks for the input guys!

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    4pc bonus doesn't suck at all. But yet, 245 gear is easily crafted. Start with bracers.
    If you have to use the 232 pieces to get it it does suck and some of the set pieces just have terrible itemization
    => better get the offset stuff

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guttz157 View Post
    I plan on tanking when I hit 80 so im getting the gear together now so it's ready. What piece of T9 gear was the one to ditch out of the set of 5? Also what was the best replacement for it (Tier 9 level not tier 10)? Any help would be great...thanks!
    First 2 pieces of T9 should be Helm and Legs they are the best overall pieces for that set. Once you decide to ditch a piece make sure it's neither of those. Until you are ready for T10/Crafted if you go to crafted Pillars of Might will be the best piece. Pre T10 you should have any of the 245 items crafted, Chest/Bracers from ToC, Belt/Boots from Ulduar crafting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Iwas Prot spec for a good while and i found that the reduced cooldown on Divine Protection WAS really useful especcially when you come across an Heirloom geared healer in HoR, FoS an so on..