Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hope we're done being off topic. Keep talking about casuals, hardcores, retards, and elitistjerks here and get yourself a vacation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best 200g of your life tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    buy it right now please. just because it doesn't have a minimal amount of agi crit and ap doesn't make it worse than every single 80 epic. and if I were you, I wouldn't even get the felglaicer bolter. rowans rifle is even better than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, so it's fast (2.1 speed) and the weapon damage(406-665) is lower than than 232 Felglacier Bolter (464-659). It's bad for hunters. If you're going to buy it, don't use it; resell.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Yeah, so it's fast (2.1 speed) and the weapon damage(406-665) is lower than than 232 Felglacier Bolter (464-659). It's bad for hunters. If you're going to buy it, don't use it; resell.
    For you and all other nay-sayers, femaledwarf.com can tell people for sure. This gun ranks slightly below Zod's for MM and SV hunters and slightly above Zod's for BM hunters with 2xt10 because of its ability to uphold the 15% damage proc. It has the same DPS as Zod's, and neither of them have stats, but Zod's will outweigh it because of it's horrible proc and it does more damage per hit, which MM benefits from.

Of our main attack abilities, only Steady Shot does not have its weapon damage normalized. What this means is if you weapon's speed is 0.1 or 10, if the dps is the same, chimera, aimed and multi will all hit for the exact same, and your auto shots will be doing the same amount of damage over time. Honestly, it's not as big a deal as people make it. Ironically, if the weapon didn't have ANY stats on it people would say it's a decent hunter weapon, but since it happens to have tank stats on it, people become magically ignorant!

Very competetive gun, and as posted multiple times a very good runners up untill ICC 25 raids.

Personally Rowan is a 75 DPS upgrade compared to Zod(N) for me(Btw. when did they add stats to Zods?)

But yes you will be cursed by people who look at the stats and say tank gun, tried selling this in trade a few days back and got called everything from a n00b to a clueless fuck who should shoot himself - So expect some nasty PM's

Quote Originally Posted by Auria View Post
    you right...but i mean wep dmg or walking around looking like a clown and get teribad whispers from all the so called "Elites" then just gimme the blue one hes wearing...
    but too be really honest i think Felglacierbolter and Xbow from UK are better then this one just by stats (mean agi etc...not dmg/sec)
    Yeah because there aren't Hunter Bows with bad stats on them http://www.wowhead.com/item=50034. Yes Stregnth is useless to us but compared to Zod's the Tank gun you only lose 34 Agi and a really, really, really useless proc and the Tank gun also has hit which can be very useful to some ppl. Yes you would get tells from stupid ppl who don't know anything about a Hunter but the pure DPS on the gun make it better then anything outside of ICC. Even the PoS Heroic xbow is only 187 DPS compared to 255 DPS on the tank gun. Just like DK's taking Agility Polearms, yeah the Agi is not good for them like Stregnth is but they are interested in the Weapon DPS.

Now I wouldn't recommend spending like 4k gold on the Tank gun just for the DPS but 200g is a freaking steal. I don't know how the stats breka down for Hunters in lower lvl gear but I know for me on femaledwarf.com evey point of Weapon DPS is worth 10 points of actual DPS. My next highest stat being ArP at 3 points of DPS for every point of ArP on my gear. So comparing 187 DPS on the Xbow and 255 DPS on the Tank Gun, at a difference of 68 weapon DPS, that comes to a nearly 700 DPS increase which more then makes up for losing 34 Agi.
    Last edited by Organoth; 2010-06-25 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    I dunno, but just keep this thing away from our new allies, the worgen, right?

tested and proven that rowan's > felglacier bolter just by visiting Female Dwarf

my hunters armory , im using a tank weapon, LOUD AND PROUD, and doing tons more dps than with felglacier.

Oh god this thread totally got me excited getting my hunter up 80. Just need to check what that weapon costs on my realm. I love making people look dumb by showing how they have no clue about the game yet act as if they did I bet few can resists complaining about a hunter with a tank weapon.
    But I have to admit I never really looked at the damage of the weapon before, but my excuse is that I know ranged weapons only from warrior and rogue point of view :P
    Last edited by Samin; 2010-06-16 at 08:00 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    And you my friend apparently don't know how to play. You would give up a HUGE dps increase over any non-icc bow because it is a "tank weapon"?
    Or he doesn't have a level 80 Hunter?

I'm sorry, but the insults on either side are just stupid. Not everyone is going to know that this gun is a decent hunter weapon. They're going to see the stats, and assume it's a tank weapon. Let's face it, they're not wrong. It is a tank weapon. HOWEVER, it is still very useful to Hunters, but people are only going to know that if they look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Or he doesn't have a level 80 Hunter?

I'm sorry, but the insults on either side are just stupid. Not everyone is going to know that this gun is a decent hunter weapon. They're going to see the stats, and assume it's a tank weapon. Let's face it, they're not wrong. It is a tank weapon. HOWEVER, it is still very useful to Hunters, but people are only going to know that if they look it up.
    Or he could have bothered reading more than the first post?

I'm sorry, but the mini-moderating on these forums is just stupid. Not everyone posts without reading the thread. They're going to read the thread and assume the people who are backing up their arguments know what they're talking about. It's an open discussion, however, and is useful for deliberation and for people to learn, but people are only going to learn if they can be bothered to read.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

From http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/.../rowans-rifle/

Ranged dps contributes more to our damage than any other stat, it’s huge, it cannot be stressed enough. And it’s that 255 ranged dps that makes Rowan’s so much better than any heroic weapon out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not raiding sure buy it, but you will replace it with the PoS hc bow anyway.

Also it will come in handy when Cataclysm hits for those nasty Worgen !

that weapon is a waste of time...almost as bad as buying hat woodens lucky neck thing for 15k.

Wow.
    If people are seriously telling you NOT to get this, I feel bad for them.
    The weapon damage alone FAR outweighs the stat loss.
    This gun is better overall DPS by alot more than the 232 5-man one.

In short, buy it now and don't listen to the lovely people who tell you otherwise.

Edited for sincerity. ~Lysah

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even have a hunter, and know the gun is really good for them, it's just common knowledge that DPS of weapon >>>>>>>>>>>> other stats. It's like that for nearly every dps spec that utilizes the dps of a weapon afaik.
    Everyone's insane but me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ulv View Post
    If you're not raiding sure buy it, but you will replace it with the PoS hc bow anyway.
    Noooo, we have determined that the PoS XBow is far worse than this gun. Read the thread?

Off Topic: Lysah has got to be one of the most helpful and entertaining mods on this site.

OT: That gun is great, and even if you listen to the naysayers, BUY IT, then sell it. But don't listen to them, they are wrong as so many people in this thread have demonstrated.
    Last edited by suspendedstasis; 2010-06-16 at 11:03 PM.