Blood DK (Discuss my DPS)

For starters, here is my Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=%C3%98dinas

Now, I've only been 80 on this toon for... I'd say two weeks. I've done a few Heroics to work on gear so the GS Monsters wont look at me like a complete baddie. But in most of the Heroics I get involved with, I'm told my GS and DPS are too low, so it kind of concerns me. By GS is like 4300 now, and again I was booted from Azjol-Nerub just the other day for being, too low.

As you can tell by looking from my Armory, I'm not Hit Capped as I don't find it as important for simple Heroics, by the end of this week though I will have my T9 Gloves and Legs and my T10 Shoulders, which will put me over the Hit Cap so then I'll be able to raid.

On average though, my DPS in Heroics is between 4.5k to 5k depending on the fight (Not counting Trash), and in VoA it's usually around 6k DPS, usually higher then some people with over 5k GS, and yet because my GS is too low, my DPS is too low. So, I've come to ask if theres a way to make my DPS go higher with the current set up, my rotation at this time is:

IT, PS, HSx2, DS, Empower, DS, Hysteria, D. Rune Weapon, DC, HS Spam, DC Dump On Bosses. Obviously it changes if Hysteria, Empower and Rune Weapon are on cooldown though, but it's the general guidline for a boss with Heroism.

So, fixes me, please D:

Your spec is cookie cutter and looks good. You don't have most of your enchants, which I'm assuming is because you don't want to waste money on something you are going to replace potentially any given day. The good stuff you have gemmed/enchanted. So you have a fresh toon. If you are doing 4-5k dps in heroics that doesn't match up with what you are saying about getting kicked because you are to low. I have the pleasure of running many heroics with players that do less then that. How many tanks like myself end up being the top damage dealer for your heroics?? :P

Anyways, your gear is entry level and your spec/rotation are fine. Not much to fix except get more gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'd be better off pulling one point from Imp Blood Presence to scent of blood, on fights where the boss is AOEing you'll have a chance to generate more RP which can lead to free and impromptu Death Coils when your off GCD waiting for DS or something.

Seeing as how almost all ICC fights have some form of aoe, a point in scent of blood will generate more DPS, but only if you push misses and dodges of the table.

Technically, when I played blood I found that the rotation is so congested thanks to the large number of heart strikes, that missing a attack will cause you to waste runic power sometimes. Seeing as you don't have full hit and expertize yet I'd stick to that one point in imp blood presence. Personally I prefer vampiric blood, yes it costs a rune but you can use blood tap for that, and it can really save your life if timed right.

Also, realistically, with the gear you have, you'll do very low DPS, probably in the range of 5k, maybe 7k tops with BL and CDs being aligned. You need lots of ARP for blood to sine, UH would be better at your current level.

Quote Originally Posted by Admuntour View Post
    Seeing as how almost all ICC fights have some form of aoe, a point in scent of blood will generate more DPS, but only if you push misses and dodges of the table.

Technically, when I played blood I found that the rotation is so congested thanks to the large number of heart strikes, that missing a attack will cause you to waste runic power sometimes. Seeing as you don't have full hit and expertize yet I'd stick to that one point in imp blood presence. Personally I prefer vampiric blood, yes it costs a rune but you can use blood tap for that, and it can really save your life if timed right.

Also, realistically, with the gear you have, you'll do very low DPS, probably in the range of 5k, maybe 7k tops with BL and CDs being aligned. You need lots of ARP for blood to sine, UH would be better at your current level.
    Pretty much what this poster said. Go with UH or Frost DW, whichever you prefer to play.