Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    And I have the right to make accurate observations so ...

BTW delicious cookie tyvm.
    Don't ERP me bro!

15+ Year Old Account
    indeed you do, if your observation was indeed true and not just libel.
    BfA Beta Time

Swizzle, I didn't libel you, I just called it what it is and I did it in the name of good fun, k.

Full disclosure, I've read your info and have made very good use of a lot of your advice. So in that context, thank you bro, you've helped me make my mage better.

But I always love to hear other ideas. Outside the box builds are fun to screw around with, even if they are a little weak, all it takes is some skill to make it work for you, especially in pvp. Not high rated arena, but dueling and BGs... When you expect a mage to do one thing and he surprises you and does something else that shit is worth it.

I understand you are the man up in here, you know your stuff, you've really done your homework... but damn dude its a game, its not warfare. You have permission to be nice. Just sayin'.
    Don't ERP me bro!

15+ Year Old Account
    Being nice is for the weak...and the Dutch. Oh how I hate the Dutch.
    BfA Beta Time

No, just no. Either you go frost, fire or arcane, you can't hyst hybrid it. The 51 point in every spec is really important. Deep Freeze for CC, AB & LB for burst. Otherwise it's just a mix of decent damage, and ya.... really no point in it.
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsylar View Post
    No, just no. Either you go frost, fire or arcane, you can't hyst hybrid it. The 51 point in every spec is really important. Deep Freeze for CC, AB & LB for burst. Otherwise it's just a mix of decent damage, and ya.... really no point in it.
    You have NO idea what your saying... do you?

Deep freeze is for SHATTERs + really really desperate CC if your with a rogue.

LB doesn't give great burst, just dispell protection for stuff like scorch and snares.

Abarr is good for MOVEMENT, and keeps pressure while the arc mage positions better. Theres no reason you shouldn't be in a bad position if your arcane.

what about the 41 point in every spec? slow is ballin against hunters n locks. Barrier... nuff said. Dragons breath is nice way to stop burst in its tracks /w melee.

this spec can pull it off with reasonable positioning and adequate snares to keep melee from wrecking you. its only problem I can see is against Dispell heavy teams that can ruin your burst pretty damn fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME

Quote Originally Posted by Tassir View Post
    You have NO idea what your saying... do you?

Deep freeze is for SHATTERs + really really desperate CC if your with a rogue.

LB doesn't give great burst, just dispell protection for stuff like scorch and snares.

Abarr is good for MOVEMENT, and keeps pressure while the arc mage positions better. Theres no reason you shouldn't be in a bad position if your arcane.

what about the 41 point in every spec? slow is ballin against hunters n locks. Barrier... nuff said. Dragons breath is nice way to stop burst in its tracks /w melee.

this spec can pull it off with reasonable positioning and adequate snares to keep melee from wrecking you. its only problem I can see is against Dispell heavy teams that can ruin your burst pretty damn fast.
    in the end it doesnt matter what he thinks, as long as its fun. for the first half of Wotlk i went fire just because i was too stubborn with frost in bc or pre-bc and by the time i got Wotlk frost was already the primary pvp spec and it bored me. this looks cool althrough i prefer sacrificing all survivability for nukes or all nukes for survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Being nice is for the weak...and the Dutch. Oh how I hate the Dutch.
    My room mate this year was born in Holland. I'd defend his honor, but he's also a red sox fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    my girlfriends have always liked my quick fingers.
    Too bad you never had any.
    And neither have i.

Quote Originally Posted by lobstarrr View Post
    too bad you never had any.
    And neither have i.
    Don't leave me out, I haven't either!
    Last edited by Skarrd; 2010-06-18 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Punctuation fix because of Caps Buzzkill :(

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, don't you hate it not letting us foam in caps?

but in other news, i've had copious amounts of anonymous sex via the interwebs.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    the op is funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rodolfopv View Post
    It's not correct. I'll report a pair of talents.

- Arcane Focus - increase chance to hit
    - Spell Impact - +DMG on AE, AB, IL and CoC
    - TTW - we know
    - Arcane Instability - +DMG and CRIT 3% to all spells
    - Arcane Empowerment - +DMG on AM and AB

But what is nice is using shatter and FOF with arcane spells. That's the point.

ALL THESE TALENTS ---> substitue nicely the deep freeze or the elemental shatter combo (the most significant frost things you loose with this build).

Don't overanalyize too much guys it's simple. Don't be anal. In WOWiki there's a hybrid spec between 3 talent trees from a skilled player and he likes it even if nobody would use it.
    Your spec is not very good at all, i would wager my mage in full pve gear would run circles around you and your spec in full pvp gear. There is a reason there are cookie cutter specs, thats because they are in fact getting the most out of the intended spec/role. Dont try to be a cool and inventive player so late in an expansion when there isnt anything that needs to be changed for mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.