Poll: What did you think of WOTLK overall?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Wrath of the lich king pretty much took everything I accomplished and handed it out to everyone else.
    Yes, because you are so godly no one -NO ONE- should ever do what you do blah blah blah

That in itself is not the biggest problem to me, the biggest problem was that they gave me nothing new to accomplish. Nothing at all for two years but the pointless errand of title achievement and mount collecting.
    Considering you DIDN'T accomplish the new things they did throw out at you, things you have repetitiously said were horribly easy, took no skill, everyone could do them, epics were thrown at people like candy from a pinata, etc. etc., this is a very hypocritical statement.

How are you back trolling on these forums again?
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop View Post
    that's the thing though, "most of you" could never obtain anything if you had to actually earn it, so "most of you" are happy that it's easier to be "elite" nowadays

back in the day, bads had fun TRYING to be what they saw in IF or SW. they wanted to have that gear SO bad, and most couldn't but they TRIED. they WORKED for it. they DREAMED about it.

now, those same bads have their badge t10 and "have beat the game". they don't know their place anymore, they give out horrible info to friends which fosters more badness, they give out horrible info on forums, in /2, etc.

and a lot simply have no clue so they troll. you wanna know why trolling in /2 is at an all time high?

there is nothing else to do. everyone has beaten wow (they feel).
    Stop calling it WORK. No one gets paid to play this game, sans gold farmers.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by bignumbers View Post
    i loved WOTLK
    only thing i hated about it was the badge system
    other then that i thought the xpac was great
    I agree, But Blizz have already said they are changing the badge system to a points system in cata.. Which I think is a really great change. Great expansion pack. The only thing I would introduce would be a change to the LFD tool.. Making people Kill every boss in a dungeon before rewarding those top tier badges.

"Fun but not ground breaking"

Sums it up perfectly. While there were many fun features there were few things that actually WoWed me.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Orumis View Post
    Yes, because you are so godly no one -NO ONE- should ever do what you do blah blah blah
    This is a common misconception among the lower end players of this game. I don't care if you do what I do, what I did, or what I am going to do but I sure as hell care if you're doing it without the same level of play.

Take gladiators for example, there is a certain mutual respect because you know where they have been and you know what they have done. Now take kingslayers (a lowly achievement in my opinion but should work for analogy purposes) the title doesn't tell you anything about what they have done or where they have been. You have a plethory of unanswered questions, 10 man hard mode 10 man normal 25 hard mode or 25 normal Did you do it before nerfs, did you do it after nerfs? The sense of accomplishment is removed from killing "the hardest boss in the game" when players much less skilled are killing the very same boss as you are. I know you can't understand why that demeans the accomplishment, but it belittles the boss which in turn belittles the accomplishment of killing him.

Considering you DIDN'T accomplish the new things they did throw out at you, things you have repetitiously said were horribly easy, took no skill, everyone could do them, epics were thrown at people like candy from a pinata, etc. etc., this is a very hypocritical statement.
    I don't even know what you're saying?

How are you back trolling on these forums again?
    I never trolled, and I never left. What's your deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Stop calling it WORK. No one gets paid to play this game, sans gold farmers.
    Work is a duty or task, it does not infer payment is given. You are being pedantic, working towards something is just that working towards something. Most people have to work towards being fully awake in the morning, do you also barge into their bathrooms saying they're not being paid to wake up?
    Last edited by sulfuric; 2010-06-15 at 06:16 AM.

Wow! I'm pleasantly surprised. Only about 15% of you guys don't like WOTLK as much as or think it killed WoW. Definitely not the impression I was getting from browsing the forums. Guess the trolls are just louder.

The addon was ok at best. Ulduar was by far the best instance released and LK 25 HM the only real boss in this addon. I liked it so far, but it gets stale very fast. Guess it was the same with months of BT back in the day, but I hate logging in Wednesdays and Clear ICC/TotGC in 2.5 hours and log off til next week. That's just not how it should be.

Ulduar is definitely one of the best raids ever, but I tend to think that 3.2 and the whole "five bosses, one room, because we can't be arsed to do more" raid was a bit of a downer, one which even the glory of Icecrown Citadel couldn't really cover up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I became active again in Wotlk, after being inactive during Tbc. So for me Wotlk was a memorable time.

I enjoyed it for the most part, but I'm starting to get a bit of game fatigue now. I put that down to grinding quests for Loremaster and trying (and so far failing)to do the evil 'higher learning' achievement. A week or so away from WoW should sort me out.

fun but not ground breaking. because...
    OS-fun
    Naxx-not fun, rehashed
    maly-not fun
    ulduar-epic, is what really saved wotlk, for me
    toc-god awful
    ony-very cool and good fun
    icc-i give 7/10. as epic of a story arthas has, this raid was just good, nothing more or less
    ruby sanctum-my guess is it'll be OS but maybe a little better, because i hear it ties in with Cata which is cool

edit: the questing was amazing. miles beyond BC, and gave me the same "im owning shit in Azeroth" feeling that classic did back when it was new.
    Last edited by tankytanktank123; 2010-06-15 at 07:42 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt like the BG's to be honost, espacially not AV. sadly never played in vanilla but even in TBC you could have a AV of a few hours. these day a AV doesnt last longer then 10 minutes and 15 if you're lucky.

and most of the raids are a big fail to me, i liked Ulduar and Naxx but everything else was just to short or weird.
    Last edited by Nizno; 2010-06-15 at 07:45 AM.

I loved Wolk leveling and questing.
    I loved the heroics and the raids.
    I liked the battlegrounds(except av-zerg fest to the boss is sad).
    I couldnt play Wintergrasp though I wish I could (lag issues).
    I stopped playing arena.
    I loved my engineering profession.
    I liked my blacksmithing profession.
    I liked the Tier sets (paladin).
    I got disappointed from the lack of a. Raid quests b. Raid pre-quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked WotLK quite a bit, and I'm certainly looking forward to Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    i liked it it was the first expansion where i got to raid properly
    in tbc i seemed to get stuck on kara all the time but now ive done almost everything (exept full ulduar wich i still want to do btw xD
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

I find it amusing how vehicle combat was one of (at least what I saw) the most anticipated aspects of WotLK, and then so many people hated it. I personally loved it. One reason I have at least one character of every class is to break up the monotony of hitting the same buttons all the time. Having vehicle combat allowed a player to take their beloved character and break the monotony some.

I also agree that many of the changes to questing have been fantastic, particularly knowing why you're going into dungeons/raids to kill something. I like the lore behind why I'm killing someone, not just going in and doing it for the heck of it.

The new Tabard system, LFD, a PVP area opening up a PVE raid: for me, Blizzard did a lot of good things with this expansion.

i quitted WoW in WotLK because ICC was way too epic for me
    a cash cow is well established brand, business unit, product, or service, that generates a large, regular, predictable, and positive cash flow. Cash cows are often 'milked' for developing, promoting, or supporting new or struggling counterparts.

Signs of a cash cow

* Product variations
    * Customer segmentation
    * Pricing flexibility
    * Cost reduction
    * Targets specific competitor

I'm glad someone made this thread. It's nice to something else than QQ and troll threads.

Overall, I enjoyed WotLK. I preferred TBC, mostly for it's lore and visual style.

But there are some points I liked in WotLK as well, such as the quests, the scenery, the raids.

Some argue that Naxx was bad because it was a recycled raid, but I'm really happy to have witnessed it. I'm not so much of a raider tbh, but I can't say that I found raids boring. They only got boring because we got used to them.
    The heroic system was good in the beginning, but it should have evolved. Noone likes to do heroics anymore, it's just daily routine for our precious frost badges. Oh and yes the badge system was a nice idea, but had to be worked out better.

It was a good expansion, but nothing extraordinary. Looking forward to Cataclysm =)
    Saving for Cata.

Overall i think WotLK was a really decent expansion, though I wasn't a massive fan of the gearing system, I found by the end there were so many awful players in good gear saying they've killed bosses in heroic ICC then you check their achievements and they've done lootship in heroic and they think they own the place :P

However, the benefit of being able to gear up quicker in that expansion is both a blessing and a curse, specially if you want to gear up an alt, or if a guildie wants to reroll a different class, usually after a few weeks of them doing the weekly and daily heroic they were ready to go.

In terms of raiding I've really enjoyed ICC, TotC in my opinion was out of place and Ulduar was absolutely fantastic (definitely the best raid in Wotlk). Killing Yogg-Saron and LK were big achievements for me and my guild, though we never finished off Algalon

The only thing I would change is the raid progression, shoulda been TotC first dropping the ilvl 200-213 gear, Naxx dropping ilvl 219-232, Ulduar dropping 232-258 and Finally ICC dropping ilvl 251-277.

The rest has been ok imo
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Datub View Post
    i liked it it was the first expansion where i got to raid properly
    in tbc i seemed to get stuck on kara all the time
    haha this sounds very fimiliar to me still I liked TBC more then WOTLK, in this expansion i got the feeliling off "free epics, free epics, free epics for everyone". took me a few months to full epic in TBC on my hunter and even a few weeks in early naxx days and full epic in 3.2 or 3.3( cant remember which one)took me a week or 2 on my paladin alt (now my main).