Thread: Don't Be Fooled

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's fine to not care about some features, but you can't act like they aren't there and then call the people who do care ignorant and stupid. That's why this thread has been charred so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Yet, he still has a point. People purchase items for the features that they are most interested in, not those they dont care about. If I am interested in buying a sports car for the sole purpose of recreational driving I dont really care how much trunk space it has or that a baby seat could easily fit in the back seat. A majority of sales of Cat will come from existing players so the main features of Cat should be driven towards end game progression. Given the current stagnant change in subscription numbers (it may have gone down, but it certainly hasnt gone up) indicates that Blizz needs to focus more on current customers rather than new ones.

This is product that we all pay for hence we all care what goes into it. I am not going to praise features and development I dont care about just because it took developers hours and hours to complete them. It is the stoic attitude of business and to think otherwise is being naive and illogical.
    You are ignoring the fact that not only new players will experience the new, revamped zones and new races. A very large majority of players have more than one character. Some even have so many they are at character cap currently. Just because YOU personally focus solely on your max level character, does not mean that EVERYONE plays the game the way you do. Blizzard recognizes that and is focusing on putting in content for the ENTIRE player base.

Quote Originally Posted by lbc View Post
    P.S. No need to reply with "then don't buy it, don't play it." That's not the point and you know it.
    that is the point and i know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    You are ignoring the fact that not only new players will experience the new, revamped zones and new races. A very large majority of players have more than one character. Some even have so many they are at character cap currently. Just because YOU personally focus solely on your max level character, does not mean that EVERYONE plays the game the way you do. Blizzard recognizes that and is focusing on putting in content for the ENTIRE player base.
    If you think that the majority of the wow population base will focus their efforts more on leveling up characters through the lower revamped zones rather than leveling their mains and higher level toons in the newer zones you are being completely obtuse.

If you think that the majority of the wow population base will focus their efforts more on leveling up characters through the lower revamped zones rather than leveling their mains and higher level toons in the newer zones you are being completely obtuse.
    If you think that the majority of the wow player base focuses solely on raiding and end-game progression, you don't pay attention to numbers very well. How many people have cleared ICC, just regular, compared to the number of subscriptions? I'll even give you the LOWEST estimated bullshit subscription number of 4.5million to work with. Go ahead, do the math. Not everyone believes solely in the game as end-game raiding.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not do both? Yeah, leveling up my main is gonna be my top priority, but I seriously wanna start a new character just so I can see all the new low level stuff, too. I'm honestly excited for all that.

If you think that the majority of the wow player base focuses solely on raiding and end-game progression, you don't pay attention to numbers very well. How many people have cleared ICC, just regular, compared to the number of subscriptions? I'll even give you the LOWEST estimated bullshit subscription number of 4.5million to work with. Go ahead, do the math. Not everyone believes solely in the game as end-game raiding.
    Please point out where I said specifically end game raiding. I said end game progression hence 80-85 in Cat or 70-80 in WolK and yes the majority of the wow population is currently 80. Putting words into my mouth or misunderstanding and misconstruing my posts will not help your argument.

Please point out where I said specifically end game raiding. I said end game progression hence 80-85 in Cat or 70-80 in WolK and yes the majority of the wow population is currently 80. Putting words into my mouth or misunderstanding and misconstruing my posts will not help your argument.
    Then what content are you talking about? PvP? New BGs and rated battlegrounds. Dungeons? 8 new ones, plus they said re releases of classic dungeons as heroics. Sitting around in cities? New org and stormwind!

If you count the first tier of BC content then you get 3 raids. The same number thats being released in cata at launch. They're clearly not releasing ALL the content at launch anymore like they did with BC. BC patch brought ZA and Sunwell and sunwell was only released because blizzard realized how badly they had fucked up by releasing everything at launch...

This type of thing would be obvious to most people but no OP because OP is clearly a troll or an idiot, or both....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

All right, I'll concede I misconstrued your point a bit. But the point remains, anyone who isn't focused on RAIDING isn't going to focus on a single high level character. Players like that will likely start a new character JUST to see the new-old world. Yea, 80-85 may not be quite as much content as 70-80, but this type of player doesn't really care. They just like leveling. That's why they have 30 alts across 10 servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilvadia View Post
    Then what content are you talking about? PvP? New BGs and rated battlegrounds. Dungeons? 8 new ones, plus they said re releases of classic dungeons as heroics. Sitting around in cities? New org and stormwind!
    Read my original post. I never commented on those features, but rather merely stated that the one poster had a valid point many are choosing to ignore and the response he got from other poster was being completely naive.

Read my original post. I never commented on those features, but rather merely stated that the one poster had a valid point many are choosing to ignore and the response he got from other poster was being completely naive.
    That was an honest question, you say this sucks for max level characters. Then you denied you meant raiding, then everything else. What do you think people will focus their high level characters on that cata is missing?

While you do have a point in saying that not all of the content released with Cata is gonna fit with your specific tastes, you also gotta admit that that content -does- fit with the tastes of -lots- of other players.

If we can agree on that one thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not do both? Yeah, leveling up my main is gonna be my top priority, but I seriously wanna start a new character just so I can see all the new low level stuff, too. I'm honestly excited for all that.
    As well you should be and so am I, but my main priority is also the leveling up of my higher level toons through the 80-85 content so it is a bit disconcerting to me as well when end game content appears on the lighter side compared to previous expansions.

How exactly am I being naive to say that, in all honesty, there is plenty of content that a ton of the player base is going to see, as long as they aren't solely focused on end-game grind? I know, personally, at least 3 dozen people who never play a character once it reaches cap, except maybe to snag a couple profession items for an alt. Hell, I know 7 or 8 who've never REACHED cap, because they feel the last few levels are too grindy. They prefer to start fresh and have fun.

As well you should be and so am I, but my main priority is also the leveling up of my higher level toons through the 80-85 content so it is a bit disconcerting to me as well when end game content appears on the lighter side compared to previous expansions.
    It isn't going to be on the lighter side. Blizz has said - multiple times - that each level will take longer, meaning that it's going to take you just as long to level from 80 to 85 as it did from 70 to 80, which means that the zones all have more content than the WotLK zones. Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilvadia View Post
    That was an honest question, you say this sucks for max level characters. Then you denied you meant raiding, then everything else. What do you think people will focus their high level characters on that cata is missing?
    I am not entirely sure how to respond to this post because I dont think you truly understand the point of my post really was. And I think you are confusing my attitude and direction with the other posters in this thread.

I am not entirely sure how to respond to this post because I dont think you truly understand the point of my post really was. And I think you are confusing my attitude and direction with the other posters in this thread.
    If I'm confused what your saying is that most of the content won't apply to you, the lower level stuff. But my question is if that's really detrimental. It seems like there is still plenty 80-85 content beyond raiding.

How exactly am I being naive to say that, in all honesty, there is plenty of content that a ton of the player base is going to see, as long as they aren't solely focused on end-game grind? I know, personally, at least 3 dozen people who never play a character once it reaches cap, except maybe to snag a couple profession items for an alt. Hell, I know 7 or 8 who've never REACHED cap, because they feel the last few levels are too grindy. They prefer to start fresh and have fun.
    That was in reference to your comment about his attitude, not what he commented on. You were attacking his lack of respect towards the development that has gone into the lower level zones.

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It isn't going to be on the lighter side. Blizz has said - multiple times - that each level will take longer, meaning that it's going to take you just as long to level from 80 to 85 as it did from 70 to 80, which means that the zones all have more content than the WotLK zones. Derp.
    We are getting off track of the purpose of my posts, so I wont bite on this one.

And insults during conversation only weaken your argument and indicate a lack of confidence in your responses.

We are getting off track of the purpose of my posts, so I wont bite on this one.

And insults during conversation only weaken your argument and indicate a lack of confidence in your responses.
    I'm not off track at all. You keep stating that there's less content, and I'm showing you that there isn't. Your counter is to say 'ignore this guy, I don't want to respond to him'?

Blizzard has said each level after 80 will take longer than it did from 70-80, which means it'll feel like a bigger accomplishment when you finally hit 81, or 82, or ultimately 85. To do this with less zones, each zone must obviously be denser and full of more quests than each zone in WotLK, which means there is just as much content, you simply aren't going to get to spam your gchat with DING as often.