Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Unhappy A disturbing trend

Haven't seen any threads about this and I'm sure it isn't new in the strict sense, but nevertheless...

I am noticing quite often that in my random heroic queues that there will be people in ICC gear (usually over 5300gs) who either autofollow-afk, or pull 1600dps (which I remember doing in naxx 10 gear?) and I end up pulling more dps than them as a feral tank in worse gear. When I ask them what is going on, they say "it's just a heroic, why should I try" or "chill out, it is just a game, not real life, I'm playing bejeweled." Suffice it to say, I am a bit confused. Why queue at all if it is "just a heroic?" Also, having our overall group dps nerfed because of someone being lazy and wasting my "real life" time. Where is the logic here? Has anyone else seen this? It happens pretty frequently to me. Obviously there isn't much I can do about it... the minimum time frame before you can vote-kick is absurdly long and I've even been kicked for asking these people do pull their weight.

Anyways, that's my little rant. Anyone else in the same boat I am?

Yesterday I ran H-HoS with a 5.8k gs Hunter... pulling 2k dps. I checked his damage log. 80% auto shot.

Very annoying.
    You can tell they were carried to their GS.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Yesterday I ran H-HoS with a 5.8k gs Hunter... pulling 2k dps. I checked his damage log. 80% auto shot.

Very annoying.
    You can tell they were carried to their GS.
    Or they just feel like being lazy and getting their random daily out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Or they just feel like being lazy and getting their random daily out of the way.
    This attitude is my point. If it is so tedious and boring, why not actually utilize your dps potential and get it over with that much sooner?

I had one in fast Daily and he auto-sticked afked through the whole thing. Since we were faster than 15 Min we couldnt kick him and had to do it with 4 people. Then I realized that is awesome and adapted that Heroic Daily playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Druids who refuse to change into Tree of Life for the same reasons; 'It's just a Heroic', or 'I dont need to use it'.

More often than not something goes wrong and they'll blame it on everyone else but themselves. Not to say ToL is going to be the difference between a wipe and a clear but, why handicap yourself for no good reason? It's just elitism and douchebaggery - not trying just because you don't have to.

I bet if some undergeared player adopted the, "I don't do high DPS but everyone else overgears the instance, so I'll autofollow or just not try' attitude, the people who do this (not try because they outgear the place) would have a fit.
    Last edited by Vidur; 2010-06-15 at 07:16 AM.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Quote Originally Posted by ROWKEM View Post
    Like Druids who refuse to change into Tree of Life for the same reasons; 'It's just a Heroic', or 'I dont need to use it'.

More often than not something goes wrong and they'll blame it on everyone else but themselves. Not to say ToL is going to be the difference between a wipe and a clear but, why handicap yourself for no good reason? It's just elitism and douchebaggery - not trying just because you don't have to.
    You do realize druids can't do damage as a Tree?
    Since the tank doesn't take damage anyway, I usually put up 1-2 HoTs and help AoE'ing the trash, which more often than not puts me at #2 in dmg. This is about getting faster through the heroic instead of falling asleep because of boredom.

I must say that it's quite boring to run with a party that do about 2k dps each while I pull 8-9k in a Heroic.
    If I even look at the mob in the wrong way I get all the aggo in the room. The Heroic Dungeons are not quite designed for ICC25 geared chars, but still, the frost emblems are not a thing one would want to skip. So, what should one do. I also tend to slow the dps, I wait about 5 sec before I even get into the fight or just auto hit / lazy-click a bit.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy /Douglas Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Since the tank doesn't take damage anyway, I usually put up 1-2 HoTs and help AoE'ing the trash, which more often than not puts me at #2 in dmg. This is about getting faster through the heroic instead of falling asleep because of boredom.
    Technically, they still can, just that they'll do pitiful damage doing so. Tree punching FTW.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Before you get to the last boss kick him.
    He has a 30min dungeon cooldown and no frost emblems, that'll teach him for being a leeching SOB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats just it. I would understand completely if they did help DPS but, all the ones I've ran into don't. Even then, it's the smart-ass responses I get when I question what they're doing that pisses me off.
    Last edited by Vidur; 2010-06-15 at 07:29 AM.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, I'ts not that i'm ICC25 geared but its what ägaren said before, you get aggro just by looking at the mob. So thats why i rolled a tank but I hate the people going afk or QQing about the low dps of people. I mean, we've all been on the point we could only do 1.5k dps and had to start with heroics/Naxx10/naxx25 to get some gear to improve your dps.

It isn't a problem for most people, but 2 of my 3 80s are so geared that I pull off a tank when I pop my CDs on bosses, and no matter what on every trash pull. Perhaps they realize that
    3kdps for 20 secs > 9kdmg

my $0.02

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Or they just don't give a crap about pulling 9k damage in a hc group that everyone else outgears by miles anyway.
    How is that an excuse to suck? Noone asks you to do your best in a hc, but please put some effort in, if you want the badges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and a friend occasionally take it a step further. We're ICC geared, so he queues as a Fury warrior tank and I queue as an Enhancement shaman healer.

5 DPS in a heroic makes it go screamingly fast, and Maelstrom x5 Healing wave or chain heal is all the healing he needs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purgex View Post
    It isn't a problem for most people, but 2 of my 3 80s are so geared that I pull off a tank when I pop my CDs on bosses, and no matter what on every trash pull. Perhaps they realize that
    3kdps for 20 secs > 9kdmg

my $0.02
    It's definitely not my aggro, but I really often encounter lazy idiots who can't break 2K - or sometimes 1K in full T9-T10 gear.
    My aggro is fine, I tank most hcs in dps gear. A T10 retardin with DF on could only pull 1 mob or so in a hc AN run yesterday. My dps are definitely not threat capped.

It's both fun and sad to finish a run doing 50%+ of the groups total damage as the tank. Yeah, me and the healer carry the group through an instance, there are your badges, you're welcome :P

The second I notice somebody leeching I say "I'll idle until that guy is kicked." So either they kick that guy or or they kick me, in any case it's a win for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ROWKEM View Post

I had this Yesterday, a Druid who was in queue as healer, dps'ed as an owlkin and sometimes healed a little bit. He died 2 times, than we had a whipe beacause of pulling some groups and the group dont got enough healing. He was alltime yelling "gogogo i have no time". After the whipe he left the group. Then we got another Druid as Healer and he was in Tree of life and we could en the random without a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohlomg View Post
    /use NAMEOFTRINKET
    /cast recklesness
    /cast charge
    /gquit
    /cast mortal strike
    /cast bladestorm

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Tseng View Post
    This attitude is my point. If it is so tedious and boring, why not actually utilize your dps potential and get it over with that much sooner?
    I'm with this one.

There really is no reason for slack. If it really is "Just a daily heroic", then what's the excuse for not wanting to get it done faster?

If you don't want to be there, that's fine because it is "just a daily heroic", but if don't want to be there SOOO much, that you can't even dps to get it over with, you shouldn't of gone in the first place. That's just being an ass by slowing everyone else down; everyone else who most likely want to get it over with just as much as you, but are actually willing to get it over with, unlike you.
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2010-06-15 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    How is that an excuse to suck? Noone asks you to do your best in a hc, but please put some effort in, if you want the badges.
    excuse to suck and pulling as much dps as the rest of the grp from auto attack are 2 different things(aka not caring)
    on my fury i tank 80% of the heroics i do, and top the dmg with an avg of 3-4k dps more
    they're doing the daily to get their frost badges, not to show off thier uber dps, gear, or in that hunters case, waste arrows
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD