Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Same happened to me today. Went doing a heroic as a tank. we had this icc 25 geared druid healer, almost 6k gs. he did not even go into treeform and i beated him with healing as a blood tank. and no, he did not go into tree form to go do some dps. he just stood there and put on some dots once every minute. we wiped because he ninja pulled an extra group. again he did not even go into tree form and do some decent healing. instead, he blamed me. then i told him to go do some decent healing and that his was bad compared to his gear, he replied with:"Wank some more and stop whining'. Then when we were almost at the last boss. he decided to go AFK just when you are out of the tunnel that comes after the second boss, we were doing Old Kingdom. Since i am blood soloing those adds is not really a problem for me if i use my cooldowns, and its not a pack of more than 4. then when we were at the boss, we had to wait for him because the encounter resets anyways when somebody is in a far range. I tried to kick him aswell, but 1 person kept clicking 'No' on the vote. I hate these people with the bottom of my heart, wasting another person's time. and i might get some QQ over this but i don't really care to be honest.

Yesterday I had my first ICC 25 raid with my hunter (did 10 man only since release). With a GS of 5750 I was quite low.. but at least I was always within the top 3 dds. The last time the raid leader told me, that he will take a hunter with 5.9k GS instead of me.. this hunter had 6.3k dps in the Rotface encounter..

Raid gear is too esy to optain and that is the problem. The noobs get the items and the good players get nothing (that's what it feels like) and the good players don't find groups, because GS > all. Gief back Classic / BC Raiding.

had something like that happening to me recently, was doing an HC with some guildies and a pug dps, after the first trash pack he started to auto-follow the healer and didn't dps at all, when we reached the first boss and he was still afk/not bothering to help finish the HC, i just told went to /g and told my guildies i'd zone out till and do some daily quests till we could kick the guy
    they all did the same and we continued the hc with a new dps about 10 mins after
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

I noticed this too. So I usually won't Que unless I get a guildie to come with me, can usually do enough dps for the ones that slack.
    Cake!

If DPS decide to be lazy and act like, it's "just a heroic" join them. Tank poorly, just sit there and hit maul, don't swipe, don't FF, don't lacerate. Just maul. One of two things will happen.

They'll either start working harder when they notice they're pulling agg cause you're not trying, or everyone just does the instance about 5 mins slower and has time to relax while doing it. Win win imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes want to be lazy with 6.4k GS, but then I realize the other dps suck and end up doing over 60% of all the damage and do 9k plus dps....But then again if the dps can hold I just follow the healer and kill anything that attacks him/her.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by levitate View Post
    It's been happening more and more, even in the lower-level instances. Even more annoying when that person gets kicked and replaced by an idiot doing the exact same thing.
    I really hate the limit of 1 kick per run. It doesn't make sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeTank View Post
    I really hate the limit of 1 kick per run. It doesn't make sense to me.
    This and the fact that you have to wait 15 minutes to do it AND the person you kicked receives no negative consequence other than needing to requeue. I'd believe being such a nuisance that you get kicked would be worst than leaving a dungeon, yet one wields no consequence and the other has a 30 minute debuff.

I have 3 toons over 5.4k gs and you bet your ass they all pull their weight. Kinda bothers me when people don't.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

They are just some random nabs, that cant do more damage and got boosted in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Sometimes I might just not be fucked to DPS properly, I could be having a shit day, could be talking to someone on facebook chat/msn, or just feel tired as hell and want to get my random frosts out of the way. It's never a good idea to go apeshit if someone isnt doing as good as you think they should be able to do. Keep your business to yourself if their doing anything above 4k, thats more then enough in a heroic, regardless of whether or not they have shadowmourne. Might be worth politely asking if they could pick up their dps, but dont be a complete fuck about it, you never know whats going on on the other end of their computer.

All up, don't make assumptions about people whom you've got no idea about, regardless of what you think they should be doing.
    Since you didnt reference a specific post, I will assume you meant me (the OP). (I might also like to direct this to a few previous posts too.)

I am not talking about someone in 5000gs doing 3k dps, I am talking about 5400gs people pulling 1500dps. Needless to say, if you're doing 4k dps, I don't care you're GS, that's pretty legit. If you have over a thousand higher GS than me as the tank AND I dps more than you in bear form, there is a problem there that IS my business.

Also, people who queue heal and do dps can actually be pulled off pretty well. I once had a shadow priest as our healer in a heroic run (I was tanking... probly had 3500gs at the time). The priest had top dps by at least double the next highest and we never died. I'm all for this if it can be pulled off.

My point in all this: don't be a lagging moocher when you have the capacity to make the run take half as long.

It's wrong and should be punished. Slacking like that is reserved for tanks and healers. WE'RE farming frost emblems for you, you're just lucky enough to tag along. The least thing you can do is.. Well.. Something. But then again, DPSers mostly haven't got any kind of social skills, sense of shame, or dignity at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Tseng View Post
    Since you didnt reference a specific post, I will assume you meant me (the OP). (I might also like to direct this to a few previous posts too.)

I am not talking about someone in 5000gs doing 3k dps, I am talking about 5400gs people pulling 1500dps. Needless to say, if you're doing 4k dps, I don't care you're GS, that's pretty legit. If you have over a thousand higher GS than me as the tank AND I dps more than you in bear form, there is a problem there that IS my business.

Also, people who queue heal and do dps can actually be pulled off pretty well. I once had a shadow priest as our healer in a heroic run (I was tanking... probly had 3500gs at the time). The priest had top dps by at least double the next highest and we never died. I'm all for this if it can be pulled off.

My point in all this: don't be a lagging moocher when you have the capacity to make the run take half as long.

No i think hes point was that as long as you are doing ok dps , who cares if your not really trying. Now its debatable as to whats acceptable dps now days in a 5 man. But certainly anything 2k+ is well and truely enough to do it , and do it rather fast.

I figure if I go afk halfway through and still top the meters I deserve the break from doing nexus the 200th time. Also when I healv I just shield pom then tab out for 3 mins. Heroica are srs
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Lol thats what i do with my resto shaman for most heroics...tank on follow ..the extra damage i take because of being in melee range for some fights ill pop an extra CH ...nw. especially cos is a good one for this strat. Make sure you have a runspeed enchant on your boots

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Or they just feel like being lazy and getting their random daily out of the way.
    Not in my guild groups, when I did them, we would have 2-4 guildies, if those random dudes didn't go with the plan, they got the slower dungeon run and booted before the last boss. I never instigated the boots, but the officers I went with didn't screw around. I personally don't care, as long as I'm not taking damage, wipes, or anything abnormally bothering my day.

If there are slackers in your group either kick them or join them.
    There is no reason for me to do all the work for some strangers

Quote Originally Posted by ROWKEM View Post
    Like Druids who refuse to change into Tree of Life for the same reasons; 'It's just a Heroic', or 'I dont need to use it'.

More often than not something goes wrong and they'll blame it on everyone else but themselves. Not to say ToL is going to be the difference between a wipe and a clear but, why handicap yourself for no good reason? It's just elitism and douchebaggery - not trying just because you don't have to.

I bet if some undergeared player adopted the, "I don't do high DPS but everyone else overgears the instance, so I'll autofollow or just not try' attitude, the people who do this (not try because they outgear the place) would have a fit.
    Tree of Life is not going to make a difference for heroics when geared... a geared resto druid can keep everyone up with just wild growth in heroics (not that I condone it, but it will consistently tick for over 1k on everyone). You don't need 6k hps hots rolling for heroics.

I have 6200+ gs and have to idle a lot in heroics - because random heroic tanks do not build up enough aggro. 2xstarfire=aggro.
    So so most of the time I switch to second spec, tell the tank to dps and tank the whole crap myself - 5 times faster.
    Heroics are so boring, but I like the gold for the saronites...
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

people who slack become more and more often if you ask me. Even people who autofollow and thats not only in heroics but even battlegrounds! Hate that...
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

This is why you have the kick option, also make sure you ignore the player if he is on your realm so you wont see him again.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.