Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbw View Post
    They are speed running or doing games through 100% which most people cant be bothered to even attempt but are interested in watching, there also are people who played these games years and years ago that just enjoy watching the games and those that like to play along.

They aren't asking people to pay them to play they are asking people to donate and giving them reasons to donate through various methods, its not like they are forcing people to pay to watch if you don't feel what they are doing is a good enough reason than you don't have to.

Its just a shame they wont be doing another final fantasy marathon anytime soon .

Its funny though they aren't even asking for much, 50k may sound alot for 1 person but when they have 20000 people watching at one time thats $2.5 per person even donating $1 from everyone that has watched the stream so far would probably be enough.

Maybe that is too much for some people.
    Sorry but I will never donate money to any charity ever again. Nobody knows where the money goes or how efficiently it is handled and it happened so often that money went missing or went to "bad people" (warlords etc.).

I however think that what those gamers do is pretty great and creative. And prolly better than doing nothing ;D

Also reading this:

"Lucas
    From age 4-10, Lucas has been in the hospital 10 times short-term and 2 times long-term (18-24 months). Lucas is on a special diet. The special diet is difficult for the family financially but Lucas has made more gains since starting the diet 6 months ago than he has in years. Mom is unable to work because of Lucas (he missed 16 weeks of school last year) and her own health issues (she has Lupus, fibromyalgia, and Syndrome X). Family’s sole income has been social security survivor benefits from Dad passing away in 2005. Mom recently had 2 emergency surgeries.
    Requesting $5,000 for supplements and special diet food"

makes me wonder why many Americans are still proud of their system (assuming that family lives in the USA, if not then nvm).

Quote Originally Posted by nomnomnom View Post
    I appreciate what the speedgamers are trying to do, however, donating money because someone is playing video games isn't exactly a noteworthy method. It's a bit difficult to get your word out by sitting in one spot doing what most people do for their leisure. Walk-a-thons go in the same boat, but at least they get out and get their cause some visibility. I'd be much more happy to donate money if these same people would do something like clean up a local park or donate time at a homeless/orphan shelter.

Donating money to have someone play video games? Hell, I PAY to play video games, not ask people to pay money so that I can play them.
    I could not play games straight that long... Wtb a few more smilies.

Quote Originally Posted by ;
    So basically there will be no real incentive (gear-wise at least) to run 25 man raids.
    There are rewards like badges/gold for the additional coordination involved, but we are trying to avoid having gear be the reason that one style is better than the other.

GG Guess I'll convert to 10m guild -.-

Quote Originally Posted by endoplatypus View Post
    Blizzard says "I would BE SURPRISED if it WERE a dagger" and you say it is probably a dagger?

The point the bliz guy was making is that it will NOT be a dagger because they are small, and they want something larger so that they can make it look awesome :O
    Not to mention the post also says it probably wont be the first riad instance either but your comment says it probably will.

when i logged back in tonight (after 8 pm est) the downloader came up and sent something to me...was that the patch in stealth form?...waiting to be pushed live next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Sorry but I will never donate money to any charity ever again. Nobody knows where the money goes or how efficiently it is handled and it happened so often that money went missing or went to "bad people" (warlords etc.).
    And thats why i pointed out that you don't have to pay to watch they generally do stupid things to get people to donate more but no one in any way is holding a gun to your head forcing you to donate.

However i am now quite suspicious of the speed gamers motives.

I mean for all we know they could be financing some kind of mutant death squad hell bent on destroying the world using puppies made of raspberries.

Whatever they are upto it surely must be something sinister.

Deleted
    o: Are those two sitting there playing games for 8 days straight?

I really don't get why they don't just remove 25 man raiding. Given the equality of reward, there is literally zero reason to opt to run 25 man unless your guild currently has a roster to support it. Once people leave, or new guilds are formed, it is going to be so much more convenient to form a 10 man raid that nobody will bother with 25 man, everybody knows it's very hard to find 25 people with the required skill, people aren't going to deliberately handicap themselves for long.

Whether for it or against it, people will not do something inherently more difficult (even if somehow just logistically) for the same potential outcome, this change WILL make 25 man incredibly niche if the only rewards are gold and a bit of saved dungeon finder time.

I'm not arguing for or against here but surely Blizzard realizes this?

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    First off, Blizzard never did say that the first legendary coming in Cataclysm would be in the first tier content of raiding for Cataclysm. All they said was that the first legendary of Cataclysm would be for casters. Now coming to what the legendary might be and most likely will be, is a dagger, for obvious reasons that were all stated in previous posts, even though I would like to see a sword, because they usually are better looking than daggers.

By the way, the PTR is currently showing a release build. So, if everything goes correctly and no last minute problems happen, we can probably expect 3.3.5 to be dropped on 6/22 for the US, with the entire patch (including RS coming available) for EU on 6/29-30.
    Last edited by Sabelas; 2010-06-22 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frester View Post
    nope, the problem is that you can hit a cap and then it is useless, but now with reforging you can ease that pain so this shouldn't be too big of an issue
    my biggest issue with hit is, that your cap is dynamic depending on raid composition.