Page 1 of 2
LastLast

100% arp, but excessively low dmg?

100% arp, 4.9k AP self buffed and in BGs I often see 4k whites, 6k mortal strikes 9k executes.

but sometimes my damage is reduced to 900 whites?! 1.5k crits? wtf!

I dont see any dmg reduction buffs on them, what is the cause of this?

Deleted
    Link your armory.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Resilience?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Duke
    Hail to the King, Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

y'see,theres this thing called resilience

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

Quote Originally Posted by G_A View Post
    Resilience?
    Resil reduces damage by 5/6ths? my 6k crits turn into 1.1k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by G_A View Post
    Resilience?
    Then the OP is exaggerated. Resilience has a cap on damage reduction.

You do know that 100% arp in your char Window doesn't mean you always ignore every armor someone has and do the same dmg to a 30k armor prot pally as to a 2k armor lock right?

Are you talking about purely in pvp? Because if so, resilliance is the main reason behind it, in pve, it means you need more attack power?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prodron View Post
    100% arp, 4.9k AP self buffed and in BGs I often see 4k whites, 6k mortal strikes 9k executes.

but sometimes my damage is reduced to 900 whites?! 1.5k crits? wtf!

I dont see any dmg reduction buffs on them, what is the cause of this?
    2 extremes

1) Hitting a target with Low resilience and full buffs (after the start of the game)
    2) Hitting a target with high resilience and no buffs

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    2 extremes

1) Hitting a target with Low resilience and full buffs (after the start of the game)

Yup, this.

wow stats changer x3?!
    or armor capped 36k-40k armor with always on damage reduction skills(divine shield, hop thing, shield wall 60%, ice fortitude etc)

I was ready to flame but then saw it was in reference to PvP. I just lost the heart to say anything other than Resi happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worrie i've seen OP crits that hit for upwards of 9k on the target dummy self-buffed hit for <2k on Plate classes in BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    2 extremes

Don't forget damage cooldowns, those numbers sound like half damage.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

100% arp does not mean you ignore 100% of the target's armor.
    If for example you're fighting a Paladin with 30k armor you'd only reduce his armor by about 50%~, resulting in 15k armor.
    Look up Armor_penetration in wowwiki.

Quote Originally Posted by raf_man View Post
    100% arp does not mean you ignore 100% of the target's armor.
    If for example you're fighting a Paladin with 30k armor you'd only reduce his armor by about 50%~, resulting in 15k armor.
    Look up Armor_penetration in wowwiki.
    Well this is wrong...
    If you have 100% ArP in PvP or PvE you have the "chance" to ignore "up to" 100% of their armor. Now if you meant that the ArP % for that swing was at 50% then yes the 30k armor would be reduced to 15k, every swing is different. Again if you have 100% ArP you have the chance, its not a guarantee, to ignore "upto" 100% Armor not all 100% all the time. Some swings can/will ignore 100% some 1% its all chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomt View Post
    Well this is wrong...
    If you have 100% ArP in PvP or PvE you have the "chance" to ignore "up to" 100% of their armor. Now if you meant that the ArP % for that swing was at 50% then yes the 30k armor would be reduced to 15k, every swing is different. Again if you have 100% ArP you have the chance, its not a guarantee, to ignore "upto" 100% Armor not all 100% all the time. Some swings can/will ignore 100% some 1% its all chance.
    No, the post before you is more accurate than yours except for the fact that 100% ArP equals 20% Reduction ~ read the announcement posted by GC and you will know why.

Basically you can only negate up to a certain amount of enemy armor, and you only can do "up to" 100% which means its not always 100%, Given mass calculations by other more competent math wizzy than me it comes out to about 20% of 100% reduction so u can expect to hack way on 80% of what the bosses normal armor is.
    Last edited by Louki; 2010-06-15 at 10:20 PM.

Also could be a BLOCK :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louki View Post
    No, the post before you is more accurate than yours except for the fact that 100% ArP equals 25% Reduction ~ read the announcement posted by GC and you will know why.

Basically you can only negate up to a certain amount of enemy armor, and you only can do "up to" 100% which means its not always 100%, Given mass calculations by other more competent math wizzy than me it comes out to about 35% of 100% reduction so u can expect to hack way on 75% of what the bosses normal armor is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomt View Post
    Well this is wrong...
    Wrong and wrong I'm sorry to say.

The math on ARP is pretty complex so I won't try to explain it fully but this sums it up.

"The major and minor debuffs are applied on the bosses armor before your personal armor pen are considered. One of each type can be active to total up to 25% of the bosses armor reduced by these debuffs. A lvl 83 raid boss in Wotlk has 10643 armor so after theses debuffs, the effective armor a boss has to the players attacks is 7982. Your personal armor penetration affects this amount and reduces it up to 100%. This is why even with 100% passive armor penetration you still need the major and minor debuffs on the target as your 100% passive armor pen alone, due to a game mechanic, is unable to reduce 10643 armor by itself."

Even with full debuffs and 100% ARP on gear there is still a small amount of armor left even on a boss which is why even at 100% Passive arp using Shattering Throw will still give a tiny dps gain to all ARP capped dps'ers. Most Pvpers have between 9-30k armor based on class. Hitting those 30k armor Beasts aka Prot geared classes you will still hit patheticly low.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    Wrong and wrong I'm sorry to say.

The math on ARP is pretty complex so I won't try to explain it fully but this sums it up.

"The major and minor debuffs are applied on the bosses armor before your personal armor pen are considered. One of each type can be active to total up to 25% of the bosses armor reduced by these debuffs. A lvl 83 raid boss in Wotlk has 10643 armor so after theses debuffs, the effective armor a boss has to the players attacks is 7982. Your personal armor penetration affects this amount and reduces it up to 100%. This is why even with 100% passive armor penetration you still need the major and minor debuffs on the target as your 100% passive armor pen alone, due to a game mechanic, is unable to reduce 10643 armor by itself."

Even with full debuffs and 100% ARP on gear there is still a small amount of armor left even on a boss which is why even at 100% Passive arp using Shattering Throw will still give a tiny dps gain to all ARP capped dps'ers. Most Pvpers have between 9-30k armor based on class. Hitting those 30k armor Beasts aka Prot geared classes you will still hit patheticly low.
    Well you can't fix stupid it seems, when you actually take the time to go over the math given to you by the DEVELOPER then maybe you shall understand; until then you are just plain ignorant.

PS: Lvl 83 boss armor is 11623