Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    pvp is causing much, but also it is a case very simillar to religion and i think we'll have to take it ti'l the end of wow. i for one had no problem during the third war when peace lasted beetween us elves and the humans, bacause of me wanting to save the greater part of my people i chose to help the ones who were betryed by kael'thas and the other high elves along with many humans didn't like that.

(if you don't like the rp, just read only the first sentence)

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Quote Originally Posted by Lethill View Post
    I play both, therefore I hate everyone.

Also, I don't think partying with the opposite faction would be a good idea. After all, this game is based on war.
    We must kill them all! Means all ? O_o Guess you cant use that war expression x D

Deleted
    "This is my Horde Character. There are many like it but this one is mine. My horde character is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my horde character is useless. Without my horde character I am useless. I must pvp with my horde character true. I must pvp straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must kill him before he kills me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my character and myself are defenders of the horde, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzizt View Post
    Ever heard of religion?
    I'm religious, and I certainly don't act anything like pro-Horde or pro-Alliance fanboys do. I have my beliefs, you have yours. I leave it at that. I certianly don't walk around saying "ew, you're Catholic, I don't talk to Catholics because I'm Methodist". People are still just people, no matter if their characters have purple skin or green.

Your argument fails and your point is invalid. Next attempt?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Max level characters coming and killing me for no reason while leveling made me hate the horde, and made me take the alliance's side on almost every argument(though much of it is genuine belief that i'm right).
    Last edited by mmocf37e5efb08; 2010-06-15 at 10:32 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I'm religious, and I certainly don't act anything like pro-Horde or pro-Alliance fanboys do. I have my beliefs, you have yours. I leave it at that. I certianly don't walk around saying "ew, you're Catholic, I don't talk to Catholics because I'm Methodist". People are still just people, no matter if their characters have purple skin or green.

I would like to know where he exactly fails and why his point is invalid. You may not dislike others for their beliefs, but you can bet your ass that in other places, your life isn't worth shit, because you have the wrong religion.
    Keep it real bro!

I hate the alliance because they defended the gnomes from my attempts to cull the entire populace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i know it's human nature to 'gang up' just like football supporters , *edit* and even religion. For all the teachings of our planet's religions, they are in effect the same thing. For example some player may decide their WoW faction based on the beliefs, goals and attitudes of that particular faction.
    even if wow is just a game that nature is still there.
    It's also fun - faction pride is especially popular among role players but also among regular players because it improves any immersion factor of the game and its lore.

Anyone who takes faction 'pride' to personal levels as far as treat other people differently , is an idiot.
    on the most basic level its colours and pixels and reminds me of little children saying 'my faction's better than yours! my faction has a cooler flag and red is better than blue
    Last edited by Will; 2010-06-15 at 10:40 PM.

I have played horde ever since I started, I tried alli once, gnome mage, but ive been horde forever just better suits me, also doesnt help Ive level to 70 twice(BC) and 80 3 times(wotlk) on pvp servers, I am now on a normal server so I cant attack alli as much, but I still attack who I can, and irl when I see a friend of mine who plays alli or something along that line I will yell "for the horde" or "lok'tar ogar!" for humor, I wouldnt attack them irl, although game its a whole different story there.

also....FOR THE HORDE!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "Grmblblmbmlbmlbmlb Stalker"

TheRealMethuselah
    Ever heard of religion?
    /thread.

I am playing Alliance, but I don't hate Horde or have 'faction pride'.

As for ganking, I'm peaceful, as long as I'm not being attacked. If it's on one of my alts, I usually just kill the hordie that attacks me, if he acted like bitch and attacked me while I was fighting, or was oom, then I gank him (well, I'm not saying I'm immortal, but recently I was leveling a priest, and I haven't lost a fight against any hordie yet. Being FotM shadow = profit...).
    If he brings main or friend, well then, it's time to log my main, who is usually somewhere close (BiS PvP gear speaks for itself). Then I just punish the main/friend. Several times. Until he logs.

So, faction pride? No. My own pride? Yes. So called honor? That's more important for me than fast leveling/getting quests done. I just don't have to kill someone to get done faster, I can wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

For the empire! For Arathor!!!

I wish it was appropriate to gank someone of the opposing faction in real life. Imagine shopping for groceries or standing in line at the DMV and suddenly finding yourself in combat...

Run-back would be a bitch.
    Don't ERP me bro!

Deleted
    Team spirit = win ?

Its this feeling that horde gives you most of the time, standing strong together ect

some of you might know the one time Athene managed to crash Kalimdors world server(on stormscale EU) by raiding OG with tons of people.. that was so much fun, Defending and stuff it really was faction against faction

Tl;dr : Faction pride adds another fun factor to the game.
    Last edited by mmoc54fa1617a5; 2010-06-15 at 11:20 PM. Reason: added : "(on stormscale EU)"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talthaeran View Post
    I play both factions, simply because when it comes down to it sticking to one faction only allows you access to half of the game.
    That's how I view it as well. I've been Alliance this whole time, and I felt like I was missing out, so I'm currently leveling a Horde just to experience the other half of the game.
    I am a filthy casual!

It's the same reason people like professional sports. Its fun to have a 'tribe' you can cheer for, but most (healthy) people don't take it literally nor hate someone for choosing another team. They might fake it for fun, but people are generally good natured about it. I see horde vs alliance in that same way.

---------- Post added 06-15-2010 at 11:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post

I'm sorry, the correct answer was mormon.

It's simply part of the spirit of the game. For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's simply part of the spirit of the game. For the Horde!
    By the current state of things its hard to argue that being an asshole isn't part of the game...but yeah, its not.
    I always wonder why people try to hurt me
    No happiness in their own lives
    So they act out all their jealousy

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever heard of religion?
    I didn't even read past this reply. You made my day haha.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.