Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Return of POM-Pyro spec for cataclysm??

I've been running PVP fire for a while now. I run 19/52/0, and for me, the decision at the start was always about whether to take living bomb or go a couple of extra points into arcane for POM.

But with the prospect of 5 additional points to spend, we fire mages could be running an old school pom-pyro spec once cataclysm hits.

Of course, this assumes the talent tree doesn't change that much, and that POM doesn't end up higher up in the arcane tree.

Fingers crossed...

Higher health pools says Hai
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME

15+ Year Old Account
    who the hell knows? there's this whole deal of "new talent trees" that would probably change the way we spec.
    BfA Beta Time

Didn't see much of a difference in the first 4 class trees that were released.

Also, POM pyro originally near-globalled most other classes.... not gonna happen this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Tassir View Post
    Didn't see much of a difference in the first 4 class trees that were released.

Also, POM pyro originally near-globalled most other classes.... not gonna happen this time...
    Boomkins, sub rogues, disc and shadow priests would like to say hi...they got HUGE changes to thier trees....

15+ Year Old Account
    and here i thought holy priests, combat rogues, and resto druids had huge changes to their trees. silly me.

anyway, fire mages get a non-CD PoM pyro in the form of hot streak.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Caeldeth View Post
    Boomkins, sub rogues, disc and shadow priests would like to say hi...they got HUGE changes to thier trees....
    whereas ele, enhance shamans and Assassination (not including vendetta) rogues had very few changes. Disc only got PW:B, archangel, and the 2 talents leading into it. The feral tree is EXTREMELY bloated if you ask me.

in any case, these are only the first pass ones. I'm sure those specs will be gone thru numerous times.

But on topic. Maybe someone can set up a shatter combo using fire spells... and still pick up hot streak in some sort of experimentalist spec...

ucwhutididthar swizzle?

...The feral tree is EXTREMELY bloated if you ask me.
    It may look it. But once you start hashing out appropriate Kitty/Bear specs it's really not bloated at all.

But on topic.
    With the higher health pools in Cata I really doubt pom+pyro will be that useful.

Um... there are questions on if Disc Priests are going to be spending time DPSing with Smite to buff up their Healing.

That's a completely different playstyle from healing -> DPSing to Heal
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

well my original point was that if you are already running a scorch pvp spec (19/52/0 or whatever) then it's not going to be too difficult to get POM in cataclysm - assuming of course the tree doesn't change significantly.
    I think this opens up new possibilities for fire burst. I mean Living bomb - combustion-scorch-scorch-fire blast-hot streak pyro-pom pyro is some nice burst. And lets face it - pvp fire really lacks on-demand controllable burst at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Um... there are questions on if Disc Priests are going to be spending time DPSing with Smite to buff up their Healing.

That's a completely different playstyle from healing -> DPSing to Heal
    Did I miss something?

'Cause it was to my knowledge the only similar talent to that is a holy talent which causes your aoe healing spells to do more aoe healing and your single target heals to do more single target healing. Where does it say that using smite will make you heal more?

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Mage talent changes have not been implemented in any alpha/beta build so far. It's still in development so you can't really say anything about possible specs yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    Did I miss something?

'Cause it was to my knowledge the only similar talent to that is a holy talent which causes your aoe healing spells to do more aoe healing and your single target heals to do more single target healing. Where does it say that using smite will make you heal more?
    i suggest you take a better look at the disc tree. archangel+atonement= DPS to heal.
    BfA Beta Time

Did I miss something?
    Yes

Deleted
    whereas ele, enhance shamans and Assassination (not including vendetta) rogues had very few changes. Disc only got PW:B, archangel, and the 2 talents leading into it. The feral tree is EXTREMELY bloated if you ask me.

in any case, these are only the first pass ones. I'm sure those specs will be gone thru numerous times.

But on topic. Maybe someone can set up a shatter combo using fire spells... and still pick up hot streak in some sort of experimentalist spec...

ucwhutididthar swizzle?
    as much as that is true, enhancement gameplay is getting a total revamp, who knows what happens with mages?

ucwhutidadthar swizzle?

Pom Pyro speccs

stop living in the otherguy and sorrowhill time

even if it's possible it will be a waste with the uber hp pools

pom pyro also only worked on low geared vanilla players everyone in pvp gear or bwl+ gear would live , laugh at the mage that had nothing after it

15+ Year Old Account
    ucwhutididthar swizzle?

am i cool now?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    Pom Pyro speccs

pom pyro also only worked on low geared vanilla players everyone in pvp gear or bwl+ gear would live , laugh at the mage that had nothing after it
    Actually you could 2 shot people in that kind of gear quite easily. But I don't understand the point of this thread. You can't AP+PoM+Pyro anymore so not sure why you even made it. RIP 3 minute mages!

---------- Post added 06-16-2010 at 04:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    Pom Pyro speccs

Actually you could 2 shot people in that kind of gear quite easily. But I don't understand the point of this thread. You can't AP+PoM+Pyro anymore so not sure why you even made it. RIP 3 minute mages!

15+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Power isn't mentioned in the thread title or the OP, so i'm not sure why you even mentioned it.
    BfA Beta Time

Did I miss something?

that is the talent that makes it possible for your smite to AOe heal the target random your smite target.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.