Poll: Favorite Northrend region?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sholazar Basin is probably my favorite zone in the entire game. A bit of background, Un'Goro Crater was my previous favorite.

The storyline was really fun, and I loved how your introduction to this place was so cinematic (Flying in, crashing, talking to a guy hanging from a tree,etc.) and how everything progressed from group to group was just awesome. I really enjoyed how you start off helping I think Nessingwary, and somehow go between Wolvar and Gorlocs, and end up with a pretty epic questline helping Freya's Avatar.

The thing that topped it off to me though, was after getting to know this new place and having a few hints from the Avatar talking about a 'similar place' you got to portal back to Un'Goro in a special hidden away location and retrieve the weapon. Just so cool!

Deleted
    Has to be icecrown for me, Questlines just stand out more for me.

Storm Peaks, I just love how well the music blends in with the style of the zone. I've also been in that zone the most either waiting to get into Ulduar (Not anymore obviously) or just hunting for the TLPD

The little rock outside Krasus' Landing.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Grizzly Hills, I love the music there so much. If I could vote for two, I'd have to vote Howling Fjord too.

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No "none of the above" option, so had to go with Grizzly Hills. It's got Bloodmoon Isle...as close to my type of atmosphere that is found in Northrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Storm Peaks

I love the music up there

Grizzly Hill is a close 2nd
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

10+ Year Old Account
    i love wintergrasp to just pown all those alliance butts out there. If i would choose for looks i would take grizzly hills
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

why does everyone love forest/jungle zones? grizzly hills and sholazar basin gotta be the most boring zones. icecrown is the best zone by far...

Sholazar Basin. fun ques + just a really cool place

I loved both Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord.

I loved the vertical depth of Howling Fjord. The first time seeing those cliffs, going up the switchbacks and knocking horde off them with typhoon is a gaming experience I will never forget. Not to mention the quests were pretty solid.

Grizzly Hills, like many posters before me, made me fall in love with the music. I loved all the quest chains from collecting horses with carrots to escaping the worgens. Combine that with good fishing and an beautiful environment and I was sold!

Grizzly Hills, love the music, the atmosphere, the lore...Oh and it has a toilet

Quote Originally Posted by Syrra Coventry View Post
    No "none of the above" option, so had to go with Grizzly Hills. It's got Bloodmoon Isle...as close to my type of atmosphere that is found in Northrend.
    it's a "your favorite zone" poll. they're all there. why should there be an "None of the above" option?
    also, it said 10 options maximum and there are 10 Northrend zones...=P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    it's a "your favorite zone" poll. they're all there. why should there be an "None of the above" option?
    also, it said 10 options maximum and there are 10 Northrend zones...=P
    I think I covered it pretty well...

It's kind of like asking "What's your favorite flavor of snickers bar?" when you don't like any of the flavors... Should I answer "milk chocolate" even though I don't like it?

"None of the above" is a valid option, and should always be included, on any opinion poll.

I think I covered it pretty well...

It's kind of like asking "What's your favorite flavor of snickers bar?" when you don't like any of the flavors... Should I answer "milk chocolate" even though I don't like it?

"None of the above" is a valid option, and should always be included, on any opinion poll.
    Favorite
    "One that is trusted, indulged, or preferred above all others"
    You don't necessarily have to like it. It's just the option you think it's best among a given universe of choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again...none of the above. I know the definition of the word quite well.

None of the Above.

Again...none of the above. I know the definition of the word quite well.

None of the Above.
    No, you still don't get it. your example of chocolate bars was valid because there are MORE chocolate bars to choose from. but all northrend zones are there, there aren't any zones not included, so when you're saying "None of the Above", you don't really answer the topic's question. You could also say "I don't like any northrend zones", but that still doesn't answer it, you just should pick the "least sucky" zone in your opinion. Or you just shouldn't say anything, but we're past that.
    P.S.: bump?

S.Basin and G.Hills for sure (awesome combo of music+ambient IMO)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wintergrasp , since I moved to a realm where alot off IRL mates where i moved to a normal realm. I must say its easier to level on then a pvp server since when u get ganked then its your own fault for having pvp active. I do miss the outdoor pvp, whenever im on a lvl 80 in northrend i just tag pvp active on but the outdoor pvp on the realm I'm at is pretty dead you only see em in Wintergrasp and before the entrance of ICC hence the reason why i chose Wintergrasp :P

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------

grizzly hills? ???

i guess on a pvp server that place would be fun, but i don't really rate it higher than dragonblight.

the real fun happened in Storm Peaks. The sons of Hodir are the true example of what can be done with skilled use of phasing and vehicles added with WotLK. I battled the Hyaldsmeet and fought my way to thorim's throne, beat dark iron dwarves off the wings of a plane, fought a metal monstrosity the size of ironforge using an acidic jormungar! All this on top of it housing my favorite piece of raiding to date! STORM PEAKS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.