Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

The easier the boss the harder the raid

Hi all i dont usually post topics like this but i was wondering how many of you experience the same thing when pugging.

Monday night i was doing a PUG toc 25 for the weekly and it wiped on the first boss and as everyone started leaving the raid leader said something that made alot of sense, "people think this place is to easy to pug any more" and it was true the wipe was brought about because all of the dps which were mostly 5.2k gearscore or higher with achieves just focused on the boss trying to win the meters instead of taking care of the adds which brought about the wipe.

the dps were ignoring their duties in killing the snowbolds because they assume that the instance is old therefore the tactics dont apply any more or that oh some other DPS will take care of it i'll stick on the boss. now it dont happen all the time but TOC 25 is the worst place for it.

last night me and some guildies put together a ICC 25 and we got achievements from everyone and all had atleast around 5.4k gear score with some at 6k who didnt seem to understand that they needed to DPS the spikes and because they didnt we wiped. then the people who ignored the spikes started screaming omg noob group wtf aint wasting my time and left. needless to say we regrouped and downed surfang.

Its just annoying that people take the bosses to lightly fair enough they are so stupidly easy but it don't mean that you have ignore the stuff going on around you.

happen to anyone else much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Happens quite often, but I see it happen more and more since the launch of ICC. I used to pug sometimes but I'm not anymore, and one of the reasons you described.
    I'm quite scared for Cataclysm heroics aswell, most players are now used to the "Pull and aoe" tactic, and they said they're bringing back CC for heroics in Cataclysm, so I'm predicting many wipes the first month or 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll get harder with harder bosses, when laziness of others, maybe even one person, causes a wipe in fights like Putricide or Lich King where there is a lot to watch out for.

It's not necessarily related to easier fights, but to ignorant and lazy people. I do see your point though.
    "Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. The more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have."
    -Thomas Hildern

It quite common now unfortunately because its so easy to get a "high GS". Sounds alot like playing on the alliance of my server.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yep its stupid and the most annoying thing about it is the fact that you wipe once and half the group leaves? its like well if u wake up and do what your supposed to we wouldnt have wiped.

its so fustrating since you take the time to set it up for people and they don't even want to pay attention they are like thinking you ow them loot and boss kills?

1 guy yesterday even had the cheek to go afk on 2nd boss and auto hit him then roll for loot.

I don't think it was so much that they didn't think it was needed to switch to adds because they have "ZOMG SO AMAZING GEARS THIS PLACE IS EASY". I'd be willing to bet they had no idea what the adds on that fight were. Keep in mind with addons like underachiever you never know who really did the fights and who hasn't.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yep totally right people take the bosses for granted because they can be pugged therefore normal tactics dont apply and if the group wipes everyone apart from me is a noob.

failing gunship is like failing the chess event in karazan lol

i was kinda worried about cataclysms raid sharing same lockout but im starting to think that its a awesome idea now

DPS has gotten so over inflated in WotLK that everyone just wants to Zerg everything all the time. Well be lazy and Zerg is more like it. Just today was OT on Uld 10 for the XT weekly, myself and the raid leader spammed in raid chat for certain ppl to kill the adds so XT doesn't heal himself. But sure enough that heart drops and ppl stare at their Recount and ignore the adds. Since I was OT on the big adds I did what I could to stop the little ones but it took way longer then it should because ofcourse XT kept healing himself. The one DPS who did attack the adds was a stupid Ret who kept attacking the big adds that I was keeping off-tanked. When I told his ass to get back on the boss I got the usual "STFO you're a DK!".

It was obvious that most of the raid had never even seen Ulduar before and I was just glad it wasn't Ignis for our weekly. I've seen pugs for Ignis just fall the shit because ppl know nothing about the fight and ppl don't get healed in the pot or everyone attempts to heal/dps at max range and Ignis has to chase them and drops his scorch out of position. ToC is really bad and with my main being a Hunter I know all about shitty DPS ignoring the adds. The few times I have run a ToC pug for badges or what ever I always state in raid chat that if you do things like NOT DPS the adds I'm kicking u at the end of the pull and you get nothing. When the Mage or Warlock starts to cry that it hurts his DPS to switch I just kick them right then and there and find someone else. I don't have the time or the will power to put up with fail or lazy ppl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.
    I hope cata puts back the I need to think gene back into players.

However tbh from what I've seen some people are simply hopeless, they repeat the same mistake numerious times even though its an easy thing,

eg there was this warrior tank that kept pulling a lot of groups in old kingdom, the ones with that 3 sec cast that does like 75% of tanks hp as damage, and normally I would be like ok hes gott inrrupt,spell reflect or shockwave, watev.

But no he was just randomly dpsing each (he wasn't even dpsing the spellfinger ones)and than got 2 cast at once and died, did this like 3 times, at which point I left.

Shows the Intellegence of some.

Also unfornetly there are a lot of people, specially girls who just keep chatting during a boss or trash, so its like having 1 less dps, I mean common chatting once every few min for like 10 sec is ok, but every freaking pull?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Inspector Razuvious is another prime example of this.

Personally i like fights where tactics still remain the defing factor even after you outgear them. True, our extra dps now helps with fights like Heigan, Thaddeus, Sapphiron, 4 HM, Mimi, Yogg etc etc, but whenever environmental damage is high enough or adds MUST be CCed, proper positioning is a MUST, those fights stay fun.

Basically anything that is non-zerg.
    Agreed, zerg fights put you to sleep,

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i agree with you there Det its much more rewarding and fun to down a boss where it is essential to follow the tactics.

i raid with 10 friends who ive been playing with for roughly 3 years now on sunday we downed putri for the first time although obviously the icc is alot easier now with the buff it was a very fun fight to learn and finally beat.

They are the people that wiped on the chess event in karazhan.

How they got past barrens.... Tsk Tsk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorz View Post
    Happens quite often, but I see it happen more and more since the launch of ICC. I used to pug sometimes but I'm not anymore, and one of the reasons you described.
    I'm quite scared for Cataclysm heroics aswell, most players are now used to the "Pull and aoe" tactic, and they said they're bringing back CC for heroics in Cataclysm, so I'm predicting many wipes the first month or 2.
    It used to be abit of CC at the beginning of WotLK also seeing how most people weren't epiced out in the Heroics

15+ Year Old Account
    I was in TotC25 a few days ago. I remember that I myself, and 1 other Shadow Priest were killing Kobold, which I thought was just a mandatory job to do...

We didn't whipe luckily enough, but it was obvious people were ignoring their tasks.
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Krafte View Post
    They are the people that wiped on the chess event in karazhan.

How they got past barrens.... Tsk Tsk.

Lol sadly i've managed to wipe on chess.. however that was with a 4 man raid with only me knowing what on earth chess event was.

we got it down second attempt
    Last edited by wonkeykong; 2010-06-16 at 11:46 AM. Reason: adding quote
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yreimer/simple

Standing in fires for mana since TOTC

Alot of DPS tend to just zerg the boss, hoping that other people will take care of anything that's close to 'tactics'.
    If there's too much of those people in your group, the group fails.