Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

How do you get rid of portal beggars?

Imagine your in a raid, or having a gold streak at the Auction House and suddenly....

PORTAL PLZ!!!!

What do you do with them? I mostly give them a portal if they ask it nice.

A favourite one of me is making a portal to Theramore and then ungroup.

Also when they ask it like:"PORTAL PLZ", there's an awesome way to get rid of them.

Use the sentence:"If you say plz because it's shorter than please then I use no because it's shorter than yes."

Another one for the lowbies is:"Sorry, I'm not portal specced." and they mostly believe it <.<

What's your favourite excuse?

10+ Year Old Account
    I inv to group, take their 5-10g and put down a portal.

So hard...

Unless of course I'm in a raid group, but that rarely happens 'cause.. Y'know, when I'm in a raid group I'm heading to the raid, not sitting around a main city.
    Last edited by Odexy; 2010-06-16 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added unless

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

haha awsome, mine is, i have deleted my skill

I explain for my friend who is a mage that if he doesnt make portals why roll a taxi class then?
    Its the one thing that you do best, PORTALZZZ!11!

try, facing them and teleporting to wherever they wanted while doing /bye.

my friend made an addon that auto responds to people that say "portal" in any part of a sentence messaged to him that replys "talk to the hand because the portal ain't openin!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I give them a portal for a small fee, which you will get anyway because people are desperate. Then enjoy my easy earned money.
    Earned several hundred gold some days just from making portals when I played my mage.

It depends, if someone comes up to me and says "Could you make a portal to *insert town name* please?" I do it for free, if they say "portal plx" or any other variation I charge them.

I usually ask mages "Can you please make a portal to dalaran" and then i invite them and even if they dont ask for cash i usually trade 2g or something to them anyways before entering portal, and i also make sure to thank for the trip

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    im no mage but this is how i think it should work. the mage should get a fee
    (10g)and a thank you for the trouble of getting you to a place where you cant go without his help. if there is a lowbie who needs help and just started the game i would help him free of charge since 10g is probably half of what he have but thats what i think.
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Amnezia
    i normally do free portals if the ask nicely. but 99% of the time im sitting in UC where you rarely get ask to do a portal if im in orgrimmar i usuall yo /afk to keep the portal spammers away

Deleted
    I think a 10g fee is way too much for a skill ALL mages have (its not like its a rare crafting recipie), which takes 20 seconds at most, and the reagent costs 40s...

I'd give 2 or 3 g, maximum. Stop being idiots

Why make up excuses? Just tell them how it is.

If I can make it, I'll make it. If they're rude, I'll ask for more money; if they're nice, I'll do it for free.

If I'm busy or waiting for raid invitation or if I'm in a group/raid I can't leave or simply don't feel like chasing people around to make them a portal , I'll tell them and say I'm sorry.

Some people make this into too much of an issue.

Amnezia
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnezia View Post
    i normally do free portals if the ask nicely. but 99% of the time im sitting in UC where you rarely get ask to do a portal if im in orgrimmar i usuall yo /afk to keep the portal spammers away
    the thing is its getting annoying when your getting spammed 2-3 times per minute to do a portal. use the fukkin zeppelin maybe? ppl are just lazy and why should i do some lazy guy a favour when he just spams you with "PORTAL PLZ?"

the best one is a relatively new one

i cant invite u im in a LFG queue. so if ure gonna make me leave my queue its gonna cost u 100g

they usualy just leave u alone and sometimes they give u 100g... woot

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes , I tell them : I have no rune. They ALWAYS answer : go buy some. I answer no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    I think a 10g fee is way too much for a skill ALL mages have (its not like its a rare crafting recipie), which takes 20 seconds at most, and the reagent costs 40s...

I'd give 2 or 3 g, maximum. Stop being idiots
    10g doesn't bother me any, and for the rare times I need a port, that's usually what I pay. I do it because I know that a lot of mages really hate giving portals to random whoozles off the street, and I'd rather make them feel like the time they took to deal with me was worthwhile. At level 80 you get 2-3g just for sneezing, so it's really not much of an incentive.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    Imagine your in a raid, or having a gold streak at the Auction House and suddenly....

PORTAL PLZ!!!!

What do you do with them? I mostly give them a portal if they ask it nice.

A favourite one of me is making a portal to Theramore and then ungroup.

Also when they ask it like:"PORTAL PLZ", there's an awesome way to get rid of them.

Use the sentence:"If you say plz because it's shorter than please then I use no because it's shorter than yes."

Another one for the lowbies is:"Sorry, I'm not portal specced." and they mostly believe it <.<

What's your favourite excuse?

if you do:
    "Another one for the lowbies is:"Sorry, I'm not portal specced." and they mostly believe it <.<
    that doesnt mean they believe you... it means they understand that you dont want to make portals for them...

Btw. I hate if I am in Dalaran with my lock and someone whispers "Can you summ me to Dalaran?". My usual answer is: "ask mage"

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally give people portals for free because i cant be arsed to argue, i was once in a toc 25 raid and some guy asked for a portal and i told him i was in a raid, he got invited to the raid by chance and tried to get me kicked, its annoying faggots like that which make me wonder why i stay at 80.
    also, blizzard really need to add a minor glyph of refreshment and glyph of teleporting / portals, its quite expensive buying mats all the time.

OT, Yeah, i always give portals unless im in LFG or something, i dont ever accept tips cause its 19s for a rune and i usually buy about 500 at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Can I please buy a portal to <city>" along with giving them 5g usually works out. But, I can only imagine the amount of "GIMME PORTAL NAO!" whispers a mage gets per day.