Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Tab* *Tab* *Tab* OOOOOOOOooooOOOOO Hunter with 21k hp /manical laugh
    If you roll with good PvE gear, and no one notices you, you can rock people in BG's. If they get smart, and you get someone hitting, you're just about as useful as a rock
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    Eh, depends on your gear. I had mostly 25m ICC gear, and was just running around blowing people up. Normally had top KB's in the Battleground, and was dominating for the most part. Problem is, if you run into a player who knows what he is doing, you get your ass handed to you.

Really a choice on your part in my opinion. I hated doing lower damage in my PvP set (admittedly it wasn't very good..), so I stuck with my PvE gear and had more fun getting lots of kills. It also depends on what gear you currently have. In low level quest gear, starting a PvP set is your best bet until you get good PvE gear, otherwise you'll get destroyed and do very little damage.
    I agree with this post. I don't have much for a pvp set(though I had a complete set in TBC), as I only do one or two a day until I win for the extra honor and to slowly work on Battlemaster. I can say that in full PvE gear, even 264/277 you *will* get annihalated in about two seconds by certain classes...ret pallies come to mind. On the contrary, you will also pwn anyone else that is in pve gear...hunters are a bit different in bgs because we can be chickenshit and play smart and keep your distance. In large conflicts, you will want to make sure you are not surrounded by the enemy, they often don't notice or target us.

It really depends on how hardcore you want to go in pvp...if you plan on playing alot every day, no doubts about going for complete pvp gear, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I'm anything but lazy, but I'd prefer to keep my high damage and enjoy quickly killing shit and I can say I only deserve having my ass handed to me if I let a ret palladin or a rogue catch up to me. We don't lose bgs because I'm in pve gear, I'm always defending the flag at AB while getting shitload of hks, blowing the snot out of vehicles unlike everyone else in strands, getting towers back in AV, etc. I *have* gone 20+ to 0 many times now by just playing smart...and retreating when possible.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2010-06-18 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I agree with this post. I don't have much for a pvp set(though I had a complete set in TBC), as I only do one or two a day until I win for the extra honor and to slowly work on Battlemaster. I can say that in full PvE gear, even 264/277 you *will* get annihalated in about two seconds by certain classes...ret pallies come to mind. On the contrary, you will also pwn anyone else that is in pve gear...hunters are a bit different in bgs because we can be chickenshit and play smart and keep your distance. In large conflicts, you will want to make sure you are not surrounded by the enemy, they often don't notice or target us.

It really depends on how hardcore you want to go in pvp...if you plan on playing alot every day, no doubts about going for complete pvp gear, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I'm anything but lazy, but I'd prefer to keep my high damage and enjoy quickly killing shit and I can say I only deserve having my ass handed to me if I let a ret palladin or a rogue catch up to me. We don't lose bgs because I'm in pve gear, I'm always defending the flag at AB while getting shitload of hks, blowing the snot out of vehicles unlike everyone else in strands, getting towers back in AV, etc. I *have* gone 20+ to 0 many times now by just playing smart...and retreating when possible.
    See, thing is for me, I don't really get annihilated. I spend most of the time destroying other players, and when someone who can really have a chance against my damage (Full Armor Pen, HELLO!), it ends up being a pretty fair fight. I can generally make any encounter last quite some time, at least enough for me to deal a lot of damage. Only certain classes will really dominate you, such as an Spriest.

Again, this depends so much on your gear. People with full Wrathful sets will definitely want to use that, as it is more damage, and damage reduction overall than if you just use PvE gear. I prefer my PvE set, even though I do have a Relentless set with some Wrathful offset pieces, just because of the damage. It's a lot of fun to hit other players for ~10k damage a shot.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Meh, I just faceroll in PvE gear, though sometimes I find a good opponent and have to switch to PVP gear, just to get like 500 resi. All I need.

Deleted
    I wear less pvp gear in BGs than in arena, like pve rings, 2p T10 and stuff

Deleted
    the only classes that will survive long enough is those with full pve tankgear/specc.

When im bored I join a WSG and just keep going for the flag pretty much all the time.

I would think its obvious that in PVP you should wear PVP gear. I hate being in a bg with a bunch of pve heroes that think their raid gear is the best option because 'they like seeing the big numbers' it works both ways though, because you take damage in really big spikes, making it nearly impossible for the healers to keep you alive, without dedicating themselves only to healing you... taking attention away from the people who are actually doing it correctly, in the correct gear.