Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I remember when the outer parts of an entrance to a dungeon used to crawl with elites, deadmines and gnomeregan to mention a few. a 5-man was a necessity to get the quests done there.

And even some of the regular zones had places with elites. Im looking at you Stonewall keep!

Much has changed really

Quote Originally Posted by Theodekk View Post
    Think of the World of Warcraft in two years (Hopefully its still around). Lets say Cataclysm brings in heaps of new players into the game, bringing the current wow population, I believe its somewhere around 12.5 million (correct me If im wrong) to somewhere around 17 or 18 million. Thats millions of new players who have not experienced the older version of Azeroth. Now its most likely that these new players will create characters on newly created realms, but lets say a group join your server. What stories would you tell to them, if they join your group or guild, become your friends?

Note: I know we dont know everything about Cataclysm yet, all the changes etc., but use your imagination.

Akin to the /equip Rose Colored Glasses thread from the Official WoW Forums.
    TL;DR - What stories of the Old Azeroth would you tell new players after the Cataclysm, Old Man Style

For Example;
    Back in my day, I trained my Druid at the Park in Stormwind.
    i dunno, /shrug.

Raiding used to belong to the raiders

Back when i was playing it was actually hard to get your gear/professions up

i dont really get this thread tho, what do you mean by nostalgia anyway?

I would tell them of a tale about a united Barrens, and all the chatting that came along with it.
    Vol'jin Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vol'jin
    Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya heart.
    Where is your Garrosh now?

NO SMART FOR YOU

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Back in the days you could literally kill someone with the stars aligned with a qua-druple windfury crit
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
    There was no Gearscore
    blizz didint make it ppl made it

lock quests for mounts and demons^^
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i entered orgrimmar for the first time
    ....................................................................................

Ahh, nostalgia.

Coordinated AV battles, with 40 people on TS working cooperatively... and even with such precision, such control, we still had battles that lasted 12 hours or more. I remember joining an AV on a Friday night and playing for 4 hours.. leaving.. and returning to the same battle sometime on Sunday morning.

I remember our first Lucifron kill... we were hardly 'real raiders' and it felt like such an accomplishment. The road ahead looked long, but we made it all the way to Rags, really hitting our stride, and when the Firelord fell... it was like electricity. Everyone was so hyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
    There was no Gearscore
    I miss those days

Gearscore = EPEEN for bads and scrubs
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Ahh, nostalgia.

Coordinated AV battles, with 40 people on TS working cooperatively... and even with such precision, such control, we still had battles that lasted 12 hours or more. I remember joining an AV on a Friday night and playing for 4 hours.. leaving.. and returning to the same battle sometime on Sunday morning.

I remember our first Lucifron kill... we were hardly 'real raiders' and it felt like such an accomplishment. The road ahead looked long, but we made it all the way to Rags, really hitting our stride, and when the Firelord fell... it was like electricity. Everyone was so hyped.

These are two of the things I truly miss. I really miss the feeling of finally downing a boss after weeks of wiping.

Edit: I also miss CC.
    Last edited by luccadeo; 2010-06-17 at 09:32 PM.

i ran scholomance on my lowbie warlock yesterday.

it reminded me what a REAL instance is. poison clouds, explosive mobs, mana burn, silence, frostbolts, mind controls... a whole array of different mobs, rooms and challanges.

no wonder everyone is so damn bored when doing heroics nowadays.