15+ Year Old Account

Abracadaver vs. Nibelung

So, running Arcane, I have been using Abracadaver, and I won Nibelung last night, with Abra, 908 haste, 30% unbuffed crit. So after I equip Nibelung and rework hit, should I go Black Magic to offset the haste loss? I have just started running ICC25, so more upgrades will be coming, but I think BM is good for now, until I am able to get more haste elsewhere. Any opinions would be helpful, also, is it correct that as more 264 gear comes available, fire is better than arcane? It seems that way, on the surface.

15+ Year Old Account
    if i had something new and original to say, i'd say it.

so, i'll go with an old stand-by: no and read the sticky.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    The sarcasm is most appreciated. After reading 9 pages of the sticky, it offered no relative info to my question, not that I am saying you need to provide anymore opinions either way. Sorry to have wasted your obviously valuable time.

High end game mages are running fire, there's few exceptions. At the very least the highest output by mages as of right now on WMO and WoL are all Fire Mages.

Technically Nibelung heroic can be a BiS item if you have all other 277 items (meaning you still have a ton of crit and haste to back yourself up with), since you have double the chance to proc them that other classes do because of some wierd fire mechanic. But of course that's if RNG is fair and you proc them at the rate you should. Realistically, you more often then not experience better dps with a real weapon, since random is random and there will be those fights where you proc no Valks and just hate life.
    Last edited by Niea; 2010-06-16 at 11:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    The sarcasm is most appreciated. After reading 9 pages of the sticky, it offered no relative info to my question, not that I am saying you need to provide anymore opinions either way. Sorry to have wasted your obviously valuable time.
    sigh. let me put it this way. normal abracadaver has 136 haste and the heroic version has 150 haste. BM averages out to 75 haste which by my recollection is less than both 136 and 150. basically, nibelung is trash for arcane.

oh yeah, the front page of the sticky also says 81 sp>BM on a staff, but i guess that part is hard to see being in a bolded section and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Niea View Post
    Technically Nibelung heroic can be a BiS item if you have all other 277 items (meaning you still have a ton of crit and haste to back yourself up with)
    no, no it can not. a best in slot item is the best item for that slot. if you are in full BiS, then you have the right pieces, nibelung of any sort is not BiS for any mage spec.
    BfA Beta Time

Run Rawr or link your armory and I'll sim it for you (Tech>all)

Nibelung can be best in slot if you reach the haste and crit cap with out your weapon. Since that's impossible, it's not best in slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiermama View Post
    Nibelung can be best in slot if you reach the haste and crit cap with out your weapon. Since that's impossible, it's not best in slot.
    This is kind of a silly thing to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    This is kind of a silly thing to say!
    how so? being above a cap means you gain no benefit from that stat. I'm not sure how much damage the valkyr do, but it would be more than any stat would give you above it's cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    how so? being above a cap means you gain no benefit from that stat. I'm not sure how much damage the valkyr do, but it would be more than any stat would give you above it's cap.
    your statement may have been logically sound since it follows the modus tollens rule, it's just silly to say that "a is good if b, but since b is impossible, a is not good". it's simply redundant.
    BfA Beta Time

I was trying to provide sound evidence for people to understand. Since people are trying to justify using Nibelung, telling them that it's bad isn't working. You have to tell them why.

I was trying to provide sound evidence for people to understand. Since people are trying to justify using Nibelung, telling them that it's bad isn't working. You have to tell them why.
    Stop feeding the trolls. I stopped reading after the third post in this thread.

Niblung for trash @ Fire is pure win, other then that its not that great.

OT: Oh and onyxia if you like seeing 20 valkyrs at the same time 125k "spike dps" is my record so far
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

I
    Lol sorry, I was just being a bit facetious. I knew your intentions, but yeah, what Swizzle said. You statement was a little bit like "Well, if I could fly then I wouldn't need a car, but it's impossible for me to be able to fly so therefore I do need a car." I could've come up with a better example I'm sure, but it was a bit redundant and I was just picking on you :P

only use nib if you are AoEing to get more valk procs. Otherwise they are still too rare (2% I believe to proc) to take that over what you get from abracadaver.