Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So tried PvPing on my Surv Hunter...

HOLY SHIT was that overwhelming!

Surv Hunters have like 3000000 abilities to keep track of in PvP, holy shit.

Flare
    Disengage
    Deterrence
    Serpent Sting
    Scorpid Sting (instead of Serpent for freeze trapping)
    Viper Sting
    Wyvern sting
    Freeze trap
    Frost trap
    Snake trap
    Explosive trap
    Hunter's Mark
    Master's Call
    Black Arrow
    Scare Beast
    Volley
    Track Humanoid/Hidden/Beast
    Steady Shot (have yet to use it in PvP)
    Concussion Shot
    Scatter Shot
    Rapid Shot
    Multi Shot
    Kill Shot
    Aimed Shot
    Explosive Shot sheeeeeeeeeit
    Tranq Shot
    Wing Clip
    FD
    Freezing Arrow
    Kill Command (have that shit macro'd to SS)

General abilities like PvP trinket/Berserking racial

And that's on top of juggling between Dragonhawk, Viper, and Cheetah aspects and keeping track of pet and it's HP and using pet abilities like Mend Pet/Lick Wounds/Heart of the Phoenix...

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO IT?!
    Last edited by Saverem; 2010-06-17 at 01:44 AM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Keybinds, ctrl / shift / alt modifiers of keybinds. Use default buttons like c v z so on so forth as keybinds as well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you forgot Explosive Shot hehe

You use lots of abilities in PvP for any class. Fully utilized a druid could use pretty much every single spell he had, much more then you listed.

Deleted
    Most classes have a huge set of abilities to utilise if they want to win in PVP. The trick is to use as many as you can in the right situation at the right time for maximum effect.

Quote Originally Posted by DwarfBrew View Post
    He really did, lol.

i believe you also forgot the haste cooldown... rapid fire?

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

And I wonder why people keep saying Hunters are a noob class, yet we have so many abilities that we have to use at the right time with hardly any room for mistake.

I DO NOT GET

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DwarfBrew View Post

How the... I don't even...

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 01:49 AM ----------

Amyway, I can't think of another class that needs to keep track of HALF of the amount of stuff Hunters do.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

New to hunter?
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    lots and lots of keybinds. This is why I laugh whenever I see a pro pve mage ui.

easy all u do is stand behind other people in groups and u auto shot your way to victory

unless your horde then u actually learn how to pvp and not just 5 man people in BG's

Deleted
    Well.. I once let my friend play on my hunter in AB and WSG. I only explained the abilities Explosive Shot, Aimed Shot, Kill Shot, Feign Death and disengage to him.

He ended with 8-2, 4-0 and 12-5.

Yea, hunters are hard to play.

Woooow..30+ abilities...that's alooot:P

it's trur hunters use more binds then most classes in pvp, but if you think that is hard to keep track of, I gotta question your pvp skills:P I smell pve'er:P

I play arms warrior, surv hunter and resto shaman. None of those have less then 40 binds/abilities. It's not that hard actually....

I also play fire mage, which I have fewer binds, but it's still harder then the other specs.
    Meh

Lots of practice

15+ Year Old Account
    Incoming "You think that's bad?! Look at MY class!" posts.

It's just about learning what you need and what to use in what situation or what counters what. Most of this should be learned by the time your 80, but sadly many people skip learning these skills and instead power grind their way to 80 by Volley grinding LFG Dungeons, thus not learning the "Core Skills" many old hunters have.

10+ Year Old Account
    people still call hunters a noob class? ive heard pallies, dks, rogues, shamans, and mages all be called that just as often

my friend insists that playing prot warrior in pvp is just as hectic and timing is essential

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdun View Post
    Well.. I once let my friend play on my hunter in AB and WSG. I only explained the abilities Explosive Shot, Aimed Shot, Kill Shot, Feign Death and disengage to him.

He ended with 8-2, 4-0 and 12-5.

Yea, hunters are hard to play.
    BG PvP != Arena PvP (which is the "skill" PvP right now, soon to change)

Any retard can tear up battle grounds if no one hits them, hunter's just don't get hit as much because they are at the back, and hunter's have instant shots that do a lot of damage, so they are good at stealing, or getting killing blows.
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back

yea, there are a lot of huntards cos the class lvl's up so easily in bm, but actually its a very complicated class to play, we now have lots of tools to scape and the enemy has them to fuck us so.... if u want to manage it well i would take 1h or 2 in a bg just thinking about my interface:

for example, i would bind abilities by priorities:
    u need to use concusive shoot,feign death,scater shot,disengage,deterrance,master's call, serpent sting fast when u need it, make a bind u reach fast.

why? this abilities make a diference betwen hunters if u use them correctly. a feign death fast enough can stop a polymoph, a concusive shot at almost melee range is basic to safe scater shots and use them when u really need them....